Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP is Dead to Me

agigantorllama

isn't MMC the first of a three-parter?

I agree it was kind of an anticlimactic finale, but the show can go so many interesting places now: Rainbow as a Wonderbolt, Twilight as a princess, Scootaloo learning to fly, Spike growing up, Discord working for Celestia... S3 was all about finishing off character arcs and cleaning the slate, so now anything can happen in S4

true, it might suck, but nothing's for sure. we won't know either way until S4 airs

• Brohoof 3

Princess Twilight is cool because being a princess in Equestria isn't all fru fru and tea party stuff. Sure, they do have some of that but it's also protecting the realm. Doing badass princess stuff.

It is so dumb how people start to leave when a new change or idea comes out of a show, and they think ''I'm done with this show.'' I'm pretty sure that when a change happens, your not used to it yet. But, when you just give up then why bother.

Lol. It's people like you who probably were the ones enjoying all of the pandering that was happening in season 3. I have high hopes for season 4, maybe they will have some really interesting episodes. Like maybe Twilight's friends get jealous of her and refuse to talk to her for awhile. We can only wait and see how season 4 will be. 

I see entirely where you're coming from, and I both do and don't agree with you.

I do agree that, of any of the ways they coulda ended off, I find this to be one of the worst. I've tried to see room for good to come out of this, and while I don't claim it doesn't exist, it's hard for me to see it. They definitely should have saved this for the series finale; to me, it just doesn't make sense otherwise. Honestly, I probably would have been happier if S4 was never announced under these circumstances.

But, I wouldn't give up hope quite yet. They've got a chance to go all "Phoenix Wright Turnabout Style" on us. They might find a way to make this work, maybe even make it better than before. Even with my strict reactionary position, I'll admit that the potential exists. Where there's a will, there's a way, am I right?

Don't worry. I went through this exact same train of thought, and I got through it. Just wait for what they have in store for us. If it's not to your liking, then you can declare personalis mortem. But saying such things right now is jumping the gun. Best not to get someone shot. wink.png

I like ponies and all and will do all sorts of brony things but I stopped watching the show after the season finale. Now I just wait to do whatever and post pony and pokemon stuff. And be completely psychotic. Yeah that too

Oh my God, they're trying a plot arc that you don't agree with? Roll out the air raid siren, boys, because things just got real. There will be fire raining from the sky and the show as we know it will dissolve into nothingness as an internal conflict breaks out among us, engulfing the community in war.

Not.

• Brohoof 2

Oh my God, they're trying a plot arc that you don't agree with? Roll out the air raid siren, boys, because things just got real. There will be fire raining from the sky and the show as we know it will dissolve into nothingness as an internal conflict breaks out among us, engulfing the community in war.

Not.

This, only less satirical. And, also as said before, S3 was clearing plot arcs. This means that S4 will be S1, only giving us more background information.

I know this may sound like a big huge pointless rant to you guys but I'd like to see somepony else feeling my feels so we can both feel the feels.

Ever since the Season finale I felt so empty and felt there had to be something else other than just Twi turning into an Alicorn. It left me with a cliffhanger, but not something I really wanted to see the end of.

I felt it should have been how the entire series has ended... and it seemed to "end" too soon for me..

Thoughts?

I agree with you about the whole "they should have ended the series with her transformation" and it's been driving me up the wall since they did it. Because,to me, whenever they actually decide to end the series they'll have no way to go out with a bang...

My opinion on the latest episode and on the characters' development as a whole is two-part.

First, presuming that the show goes somewhere I don't care for, this does not invalidate all the happiness, all the feels and all the learning the show has brought to me already. That can't be taken away. Equestria is in my brain and I am a better person for it.

Secondly, and immersing myself a bit further, if the characters evolve in ways I don't approve of, I... well... I look on this like I look on the choices of any of my other friends: It's their life and their choices. I know this is a fine line to walk with a cartoon character, but the principal remains the same. I will revel in their triumphs and cry with them when they hurt. That's what friends do.

I wouldn't have given a shit about Twilicorn if the MMC wasn't so rushed and poorly executed. Not to mention most, if not all season 3 episodes were total shit.

I doubt S4 will be any good, and if it turns out to be an atrocity like S3 was, I'm not going to bother with S5 if there even is one.

Edited by Lucy

Ok, we'll see you when Season 4 starts.  I find it funny that this fanbase (not everyone obviously) doesn't like change. I mean THIS fanbase really?

Ok, we'll see you when Season 4 starts.  I find it funny that this fanbase (not everyone obviously) doesn't like change. I mean THIS fanbase really?

The problem isn't that people don't like change. It's pretty damn stupid whenever people assume that somebody not liking something any more is because they don't like change. The problem is that Hasbro is being a massive piece of shit right now and SOME people don't feel like putting up with it. 

/rant

So much negativity going on here.

Passionate as people are (and there's nothing wrong with that), at the end of the day what is upsetting people is a show about rainbow colored ponies and the magic of friendship.

Some people see an empty cliffhanger with a shallow ending. All I see is possibility.

Let's see how this plays out first before jumping the gun. If it turns out bad, then it's bad and that sucks. If it turns out good, It'll only be so much sweeter.

• Brohoof 1

Now, maybe your overreacting just a big, no offense.

Sure, it was a big cliffhanger, and sure, it DID look like the series finale, I mean, my little brother who isn't a fan of the show actually told me if that was the series finale!

But everything will turn out ok, I mean, you have to look at the positive sides!

The writers will still be there.

The fandom will continue.

We'll be back to 26 episodes instead of 13.

And the writers ACTUALLY stated more will be explained during season 4. 

It's all of matter of patience my friend, no matter how tough it looks...

I completely agree with Gears. Just imagine what the writers could do with Twilicorn. Personally, I cannot wait for Season 4. Though, after that, I have a gut feeling they won't make any more. If they do, that will be great! =)

It really did feel like a series finale but the fact it's continuing makes me want to watch season 4 to see where they go with it. Maybe She gets DePrincessed about all the work she has to do (see what I did there?)

The thing is, Hasbro is not being shit, stupid or shallow. They know full well what they have and they are in no position to loose it. I for one, loved Season 3, infact the entire show has probably gotten better over the seasons in many ways. What I'd love to see them do is get rid of one of the adbreaks so that the writers have more freedom over the content they insert into episodes, because the way it is right now there are two many plot lines that are having to be rushed to fit into 22 minutes. The pace in MMC, while okay for some, was bordering on the prohibitive for others, and a bit more spacing would have improved things dramatically. But unfortunately, that is something that only a movie is going to fix permenantly. :(

I'm still looking forward to Season 4 though, I wonder what the actual focus will be now that many of the main characters have basically fulfilled their destinies. I don't have much more to say really, I'd like to keep an open mind about the whole thing so that I'm the least disappointed when it arrives.

I know this may sound like a big huge pointless rant to you guys but I'd like to see somepony else feeling my feels so we can both feel the feels.

Ever since the Season finale I felt so empty and felt there had to be something else other than just Twi turning into an Alicorn. It left me with a cliffhanger, but not something I really wanted to see the end of.

I felt it should have been how the entire series has ended... and it seemed to "end" too soon for me..

Thoughts?

Ah come on, don't be like that. That's what makes a show good, you want to know what's coming next. To quote Linkin Park "In the end, no matter what I pretend, the journey is more important than the end, or the start".

I stand by my theory that Alicorn!Twi will not be one by the end of Episode 2. She will be forced to give up her Alicon powers to save her friends, if not all of Equestria.

THAT SAID, I am sure the writers of the show have something planned that will be awesome for the season premiere. Fall cannot come soon enough. Don't be a neighsayer and keep an open mind.

• Brohoof 1