Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If the Ponies were Greek Gods and Goddesses

~Chaotic Fireball~

I just had to make this thread, since I'm so obsessed with Greek mythology (I blame the Percy Jackson series).

So, write what each pony would be like. Gender doesn't really matter.

example:

Twilight: Athena

Celestia: Apollo

Luna: Artemis

Cadence: Aphrodite

and so on, and so on. 

Please post, I need to stop my obsession!

• Brohoof 5

OMG!! I WAS JUST DRAWING SKETCHES OF THIS THE OTHER DAY!!!

But I was doing the mane 6 as Greek Gods and Goddesses. Here is what I came up with-

Fluttershy- Gaia, goddess of the Earth (Equestria)

Twilight- Athena, goddess of wisdom

Rainbowdash- Ares, goddess of war. (Ares was originally a God. I gender swapped him cuz I thought it fit RD perfectly.)

Applejack- Demeter, goddess of the harvest

Rarity- Aphrodite, goddess of love and beauty. (I thought this would fit Rarity perfectly because of her whole 'I'm pretty' thing.)

Pinkie Pie- Persephone, goddess of the springtime? (Though if we did this AJ would be Pinkie's mom. It's just really hard to find a goddess that suits Pinkie's personality.) 

-take note I didn't draw pinkie. I was way to confused on what she should be-

Edited by Emerald <3
  • Brohoof 4

@

Great. Now you made me want to ponify the Percy Jackson charcters. I must! It's the only way to cure my obsession...

Rainbow Dash - Iris (goddess of the rainbow, you know?)

Pinkie Pie - Persephone (yeah, I got nothing. Wait. How about Dionysus, but as a female. Like Diona? 'cause he loves parties!! Pinkie's middle name is even Diane (maybe derived from that)!  Am I not a genius??)

Applejack - Demeter 

THREAD BUMP

(Curious to see other people's opinions and ideas!)

• Brohoof 3

ZOMG! I love love LOVE greek mythology!

Twilight = Athena - You should know why, Athena is the goddess of wisdom, Twilight is described in some point (but not in the show) "The smartest pony in Equestria."

Fluttershy = I don't know if she should be Hestia or not, Cause I heard Hestia is the kindest goddess, but....I don't really know.

Rainbow Dash = This is a little hard...I saw Emerald's post, and she said it should be Ares, but, I heard Ares is an asshole, and a pussy. Rainbow is KIND OF an asshole, but most certainly not a pussy. I dunno, I was thinking Artemis, but Luna may suit Artemis, and Celestia may suit Apollo, but since Celestia is the ruler of Equestria, and Zeus is the ruler of Greece, maybe Celestia could be Zeus genderbent... and Luna be Hera... but seriously, don't listen to this idiot over here. (sorry for the cursing in this one, I have a potty mouth XP)

Applejack = Demeter - They suit each other, they are both farm people or something...

Applebloom = Persephone - I honestly dunno why, I wanted to make sure that AJ had a relative be Persephone, and this...was my only idea. Again, don't listen to this idiot over here.

Pinkie Pie = Dionysus (genderbent) - Both love parties. Thats all, (plus Chaotic Fireball's post above)

Rarity = Aphrodite - Beauty, Love, Yup. Thats Rarity (in a way) for ya.

So.....thats just an idea.

• Brohoof 1

In my dead RP, Pony Jackson and the Equestrians, I had a similar idea:

Celestia = Helios (Sun)

Luna = Selene (Moon)

Discord = Eris (Chaos)

Pinkie = Thalia (Godess of parties and festive celebrations)

Twilight = Apollo (Knowledge, later takes over as sun)

Fluttershy = Artemis (Animals, later takes over as moon)

Applejack = Aphaea (Agriculture)

Rarity = Aphrodite (Beauty)

Rainbow = Nike (Speed and victory)

I did research specifically to find which gods/goddesses would be most fitting. Also, some are genderbent.

Many people suggested that Twily should be Athena, but Twily is more knowledgeable than she is wise.

Edited by Appetite4Democracy
  • Brohoof 1

I actually managed to match each main character to the gods our solar system is named after.

like how Celestia and Luna are the sun and the moon...

Rainbow Dash is Mercury: known for speed as well as being dependable and loyal to the other gods

Fluttershy is Venus: the most loving, but also known to be violent on occasion, associated with animals

Applejack is Mars: god of war, but not the angry violent rampaging war, Mars was a defender, an honourable fighter, and also had great importance to farmers (bonus points: Applejack has two siblings she is close with, Mars has two moons)

Twilight is Jupiter: leader of all the other gods, his symbol is a lightning bolt similar to Twilight's magic.

Pinkie is Saturn: this is a little weird, but since Saturn's the god of time it could explain Pinkie's reality-bending skills, also Christmas has it's roots in Saturnalia, a festival for Saturn, making him responsible for the biggest parties of the year, every single year

Discord is Uranus: older god who used to run the universe, things were crap under his rule until the younger cooler generation tossed him out (bonus points: Aphrodite (the Greek version of Venus) is Uranus' daughter, Discord has a special relationship with Fluttershy)

Spike is Neptune: although Neptune's most well known as god of the sea, he was also god of horses and is the only god depicted as riding horses (bonus points: Neptune is brothers with Jupiter and Pluto, Spike is closest with Twilight and Rarity)

Rarity is Pluto: this one took me a while, but eventually I found that Romans had this big fear of Pluto's name since he was the god of death and all, so he often gets mixed up with Plutus, who is the god of wealth, which definitely suits Rarity (bonus points: Pluto has one moon, Rarity has one sister)

• Brohoof 2

@

Great. Now you made me want to ponify the Percy Jackson charcters. I must! It's the only way to cure my obsession...

Pinkie Pie - Persephone (yeah, I got nothing. Wait. How about Dionysus, but as a female. Like Diona? 'cause he loves parties!! Pinkie's middle name is even Diane (maybe derived from that)!  Am I not a genius??)

Applejack - Demeter 

THREAD BUMP

Dianysus is the God of Parties and Wine, It'd make sense

I can see Pinkie being Thalia too though

The goddess of Comedy and Good Cheer, seems a lot like Pinkie x3

• Brohoof 2

I can't believe you guys aren't ashamed for what you've done. See, this thread is blasphemy. Comparing characters from a little girl's show to Greek gods?

ohmg wat you do isnt right >:(((

Rainbow Dash- Artemis, goddess of hunting, wild animals, and the wilderness.

Rainbow Dash seem like Artemis mainly because like Artemis, Rainbow Dash is independent and tomboyish. Also, Artemis seems like a cool type goddess. Rainbow Dash could also be Iris, goddess of the rainbow, for obvious reasons.

Rarity- Themis, goddess of law and order.

Themis is the titan goddess of law and order. She reminds me of Rarity because they both have a respect for law and order. Rarity could be Aphrodite as well for their interest in love.

Twilight- Kreios, god of leadership and the constellations. 

Twilight is a leader, like Kreios, and has a love for the stars.

Pinkie Pie- Dionysus, god of festivities and wine.

Dionysus is perfect for Pinkie Pie. She loves parties, like him, and he is the god of wine which can make you drunk, making you crazy, like Pinkie Pie is crazy.

Fluttershy- Hestia, goddess of the hearth, home, and fire.

Fluttershy represents Hestia very well due to their kindness.

Applejack- Zelus, god of dedication.

Zelus is good for Applejack because they are both dedicated beings. Applejack could also be Artemis.

If the ponies were Greek Gods and Goddesses then, it would definitely be a good idea for that to happen. I am like really into mythology, it would be cool to show powerful ponies with god-like abilities.

• Brohoof 2

I can't believe you guys aren't ashamed for what you've done. See, this thread is blasphemy. Comparing characters from a little girl's show to Greek gods?

ohmg wat you do isnt right >:(((

dude, calm down. Your beginning to sound like a hater. If you dislike a thread, don't post on it and insult everyone who does. A lot of people think this is interesting, me included. So deal with it.

Ps. Dash is nike, godess of victory and speed. (Her 2 favorite things)

Edited by drocsid-soahc
  • Brohoof 1

There is a lesser known goddess called Hebe, the goddess of cup bearing. She is a teenaged goddess and exists in Olympus to serve the other gods and goddesses when they feast. This is because only gods and goddesses are allowed on Olympus so even the servants had to be gods, and in the homes of the ancient Greeks the teenaged children served at the family table so the mythology fit with real life. I think Scootaloo is like Hebe to Rainbow Dash since she hangs around her so much and would do anything for her.

Derpy is Hermes, the messenger god. In a couple of episodes she is seen as a mail carrier.

Oddly enough, I think Pinky could be Apollo even though she's not so known for her skills in knowledge, because Apollo was the god people prayed to when they wanted an oracle, and she's got that Pinky sense. But I also think she is more fit to be Dionysos.

Shining Armour is like Athena because in addition to wisdom, she is the goddess of defensive warfare, and he cast that crazy strong forcefield.

I think Cadence is more like Eros (cupid) than Aphrodite because Cadence's magic actually spreads love.

Diamond Tierra is like Hera because they're both jealous and a bit cruel.

• Brohoof 1

There is a lesser known goddess called Hebe, the goddess of cup bearing. She is a teenaged goddess and exists in Olympus to serve the other gods and goddesses when they feast. This is because only gods and goddesses are allowed on Olympus so even the servants had to be gods, and in the homes of the ancient Greeks the teenaged children served at the family table so the mythology fit with real life. I think Scootaloo is like Hebe to Rainbow Dash since she hangs around her so much and would do anything for her.

Derpy is Hermes, the messenger god. In a couple of episodes she is seen as a mail carrier.

Oddly enough, I think Pinky could be Apollo even though she's not so known for her skills in knowledge, because Apollo was the god people prayed to when they wanted an oracle, and she's got that Pinky sense. But I also think she is more fit to be Dionysos.

Shining Armour is like Athena because in addition to wisdom, she is the goddess of defensive warfare, and he cast that crazy strong forcefield.

I think Cadence is more like Eros (cupid) than Aphrodite because Cadence's magic actually spreads love.

Diamond Tierra is like Hera because they're both jealous and a bit cruel.

actually, I knew about hebe. Did you know she is also married to heracles? (I'm a huge greek mythology nut, I've read about them since I was little.)

actually, I knew about hebe. Did you know she is also married to heracles? (I'm a huge greek mythology nut, I've read about them since I was little.)

I did not know that but I am soooo stoked that you called him Heracles and not Hercules! I consider myself a mild Greek Mythology nut. I wish I had more time to read about it. If you know any good links PM them to me!

I did not know that but I am soooo stoked that you called him Heracles and not Hercules! I consider myself a mild Greek Mythology nut. I wish I had more time to read about it. If you know any good links PM them to me!

I don't know any links, sorry. I learned all I know about mythology from actual books. Also, annother little known fact, pandoras box was actually a pithos.
  • Brohoof 1

Shining Armor = Ares

Princess Cadence = Aphrodite (Princess of love should be goddess of love right? xD)

Princess Luna = Apollo

Twilight Sparkle = Athena

Applejack = Demeter

Pinkie Pie = Dionysus

King Sombra = Hades

Princess Celestia = Hera

Fluttershy = Hestia

___________________________________________________-

That's all I can name. Not all the gods are there.

(I'm absolutely obsessed with Greek Gods. Hence my name <_<

tongue.png

Edited by Aphrodite
  • Brohoof 2

I don't know any links, sorry. I learned all I know about mythology from actual books. Also, annother little known fact, pandoras box was actually a pithos.

I also knew that! I learnt that in the last Percy Jackson of the Olympians book, and his friend Rachel almost opened it.. long story. Anyways, thread bump, so more people can post! :D

Spike: Hermes god of messengers

Discord: Eris or even Aite (goddess of mischief)

Rarity: Aphrodite

Twilight: Athena

Fluttershy: Pan god of nature

Pinkie: Dionysus

Applejack: Horkus

Rainbow: Ares

Celestia: Zeus

Luna: Morpheus god of dreams

Well this character is not a god, but I feel like he is based on a greek myth.

I've always thought Pound Cake was based off of Hercules. He's super strong, he's a pegasus (only going on the disney movie with that one), his hair to me just says Hercules.

Sorry if that is a little off topic.

Well this character is not a god, but I feel like he is based on a greek myth.

I've always thought Pound Cake was based off of Hercules. He's super strong, he's a pegasus (only going on the disney movie with that one), his hair to me just says Hercules.

Sorry if that is a little off topic.

actually, after his mortal death his soul became immortal and lives with the gods on mt olympus. He is a god now, at least technecally.
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
(edited)

Fluttershy- Hestia (The virgin goddess of the hearth and home. Hestia is kind in all ways, much like Fluttershy.)  blush.png

Twilight- Hecate (The goddess of magic and witchcraft. Magic is Twilight's element of harmony, so I think they can relate.)tongue.png

Rainbowdash- Nike (The goddess of speed and victory. Rainbowdash is the fastest flyer in Equestria. (Even Princess Celestia will agree.) Everypony knows Rainbowdash is a winner almost always.) img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png

Applejack- Demeter (The goddess of the harvest. Demeter taught the mortals how to harvest and such. Applejack teaches her friends and people watching the show the element of honesty. She is talented when it comes to working at the farm.) huh.png

Rarity- Aphrodite (The goddess of love and beauty. They both can be a little self-centered from time to time, but they always mean well as their hearts are in the right place.) biggrin.png

Pinkie Pie- Baubo (The goddess of mirth. (Mirth:Amusement, esp. as expressed in laughter) Do I need to explain?) laugh.png

Luna- Artemis (The virgin goddess of the hunt and the moon. Luna controls the moon.)

Celestia- Athena (The goddess of wisdom and war. Celestia is very wise and sweet, but she can be stern when she must.)

Edited by PercyThePony
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...
(edited)

So guys who thinks that Nike the winged goddess of victory personification of triumph, fastest of the gods, and the only one that remains with wings! She looks a lot like Rainbow Dash.

Edited by NioniosTheJust

(edited)

@

Applejack - Demeter 

THREAD BUMP

I must see your drawings. I'll make fresh one's myself, I like your idea of Pinkie being Dionysus. Originally I thought Iris would fit pinkie more.

Guys I honestly think Celestia would be Zues in this situation. But gust the female version. I have no idea about luna though. 

Edited by Emerald <3