Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Forever in a dream that'll never come true or a very long nightmare with an end?

The Soldier

57 users have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• To forever be stuck in a dream that will never come true
    • Be in a nightmare for 10 years, but will wake up from it once time's up

Defy logic in this question. You do not have to eat, drink, or use the restroom. You won't also age. You are just in either one of those two choices. Which one would you choose to be in?

I'm not entirely sure if I understand the question... but if the choice is between a permanent dream or a super long nightmare, I'd take the dream any day. I've often wondered what it would be like to sleep forever and not be dead. Though in my experience, oversleep tends to turn into nightmares anyway... :blink:

Can I have a nap instead? :D

• Brohoof 2

Well if you're stuck in a dream forever then it doesn't matter if it comes true in reality. Since you're gonna be in that dream forever in a way the dream does come true.  

• Brohoof 7

Well, I've gotten kind of attached to this world now. I guess I could recreate it in a dream but just knowing that it was a dream would kill it; I'd be in god mode. If I could somehow force myself to forget that I was in complete control then the dream would either return to wonky dream physics mode, which isn't particularly fun from what I can remember about my dreams,  and/or I would have god-like powers and not realize it akin to Haruhi Suzumiya. 

So I'd take the nightmare. That way I'll eventually wake up and can enjoy the dreams that others have created through books, movies, games etc; all the ideas and stories that I've never dreamt before. 

Depends. Can I access MLP Forums in the dream?

Will I ever realize that I am in a dream?

Because, being in a never ending dream doesn't seem to have many consequences, where being in a nightmare for 10 years would be like living in hell for 10 years.

I'd take reality over forever being asleep any day. After 10 years, none of my dream would even have happened, and I could get back to what's really important. I can handle nightmares. I don't scare easily. (I actually really like horror movies)

Meh, I'd take the dream. After all, if you were stuck in it forever, wouldn't it become reality to you? Only better?

This better be a damn good dream.

• Brohoof 5

Who could possibly want to be in a nightmare for 10 years? That sounds like that could cause some serious psychological damage.

Hmm... Tough choice. Anything forever would get boring even in a dream, but I am easily scared... I guess I'll muster up my courage and take the nightmare. Plus, being in a nightmare so long will only make coming back to reality even sweeter!

There is a bit of a flaw with the first option, if you're in a dream forever, isn't the dream essentually your reality? Does it even matter if it never comes true simply because you're stuck in it forever?

On a more personal note though, I wouldn't mind a permanent dream at all, especially if I eventually deduce that I actually am dreaming. A permanent lucid dream would be incredible, reality (as you would know it since the dream is permanent) would bend itself to your every whim.

I can see the appeal of the nightmare, but I don't think I would want to venture into that. 10 years is a long time to be stuck in a nightmare, sometimes 8 hours feels like days...

• Brohoof 3

To me, I would have to go with nightmare.

Since being in a dream forever that may never come true, I would try to kill myself after a short while because I would lose my sanity knowing that this isn't happening.

Its quite weird, but to be restricted from believing stuff is quite hard to handle.

Both sound like a form of a curse in one way or another. I mean being in a dream forever would be kinda like immorality, except more lonely, where as 10 years in a nightmare would be very painful depending on how long 10 years is in a nightmare.

Im not totally sure to be honest, I'd miss reality, but I feel like in both I'd want to eventually kill myself to escape, except in a nightmare is eventually get out.

I feel like eventually an endless dream would almost be a nightmare after a while in its self.

So I think that while itd be painful the nightmare would end so even if I go insane Atleast I have hope of escape. Then my struggles will feel worth it.

• Brohoof 1

I would choose to be in a nightmare for 10 years, because once the nightmare is over and i wake up, normal everyday life would seem like a dream come true and everything would be far more appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, if I didn't want to live and wasn't so attached to most of the things in my life I'd probably figure out how to lucid dream easily and then self-induce a comatose state...
I don't see the point in living a nightmare and then waking up, because even if life is nice it can be just as bad. Also, dreams allow the physically impossible. The only real advantage there is to the living is social interaction, which is always nice.

• Brohoof 1

I would rather be in a dream that will never come true, besides I have plenty of other dreams that never came true even if I tried. A long nightmare would make me crap in my pants every time I had the nightmare, not what I want. :o

I think I would be better off with a dream that would never come true. Despite the fact I'll never get out of it. Id much rather be in a state of eternal happiness within my dream. Rather than eternal fear within my nightmares. Even when I do wake up from the nightmare I have to deal with reality again and it wouldn't be easy to re-corporate myself after missing 10 years of the world.

So honestly I would prefer being in my lucid dream forever. At least then I would be happy. The only downside is that I wouldn't see my family and friends anymore.

• Brohoof 1

I'd go with the 10 year nightmare. I actually wouldn't mind the nightmare cause my nightmares really aren't that scary to me. Plus, I could live happily afterwards knowing I'm living fo' real. :3

>won't age

I'll take the nightmare one, please. As long as the ten years only happen in a space-time fold so that I can move on in my current life, it's a very nice thing to have ten years to recuperate from the boredom that is my daily life.

But if when I wake up from the nightmare, ten years would have passed... Then I'll take the everlasting dream. I just don't want to imagine what would it be after ten years of my absence. I'm not sure if I would still have a family after all that.

If you can comprehend the light, then the light shall be endemic to you. A dream comes true if there is no reality. A nightmare is real if there is no sunrise.

I would select the nightmare. First of all, because the path of darkness has to be cleansed. Everyone can turn a nightmare into the most desired of dreams. You just have to be a follower of the light. To become enlightened you first have to pass through alot of  drak holes and traps...

I will bring all to light.

I shall.

I haven't had a dream in about two years... Before losing my ability to dream (or remember my dreams) I couldn't control what happened in my dream/ when to wake up once I knew I was dreaming. I felt like I was being manipulated, then poof, they were gone. Needles to say I would choose the dream as opposed to going through that crap again.

• 6 years later...
(edited)

I guess I'll go with the dream. But does 'forever' mean eternity or merely the mortal lifespan on earth? If it's the latter, by all means, dream me up! In either case, I don't need a decade-long nightmare. No thanks. 

Edited by Dreambiscuit
  • Brohoof 1