Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if the universe lost its color?

The Soldier

I do love my colors, trust me. However, would it really be THAT bad? I mean, it wouldn't affect me in any way really. Colors are pretty and help us discern things from other ones. Without it, the world would certainly be a bit more dreary but we'd all get used to it, don't you think? I think it's ridiculous that some people would get depressed or something over it.

(edited)

Victoria and Co. pretty much said what I was going to.  The physiology of colour comes from the areas of the material (such as wavelength) and the stimulus of our eye and brain, and the names, and directions of sort are taught to us. :U It's all a mentally crafted thing. With reflection involved.

But, if I were to lose the ability to sense/see colour, I would get rather sad..I like grey and such...But blue is my favourite colour. D: I've actually thought about this before, too. I wouldn't like it.

Edited by Tual

well i would be pretty darn sad. but its something i could live with. as much as i love colors, i find that there can be just as much beauty in black, grey and white as there is in full color.

Would we remember what color looked like? I mean, would we all be like "omg wtf happened why is everything black and white?!" Or would our memories of color go along with it and we would have no idea what we were ever missing. I don't think I would mind everything in black and white unless I felt the sadness of loosing color and had memories of how it was before. That would drive me mad.

• 9 years later...

I think most beauty of the Universe comes from it's colors, but I can imagine that we would get used to it.. I mean! just look at the dogs! they also don't see in colors and yet they're so happy! :coco:

On 2023-04-06 at 1:44 PM, Kujamih said:

All the dogs wouldn't know the difference...

( Yes no colors on dog vision is a debunked myth. It is not true... This is for the sake of the joke only.)

You're right. This is how dogs see color:

How Dogs See the World | New Dog Owners

• Brohoof 1

• 6 months later...