Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Call of Duty: Ghosts

Scootalove

I know not a lot of people know about this but, Infinity Ward and Activision are going to be working on the next Call of Duty game that will soon release in probably October or November.

It is currently in development and, they will release probably a preview on May 1st. So I want to know, what are your thoughts on the next Call of Duty game?

img-1411584-1-1366823877_2124_ghosts.png

By the way, it won't be a supernatural first player shooter. I'll have more information when it is released.

New information:

• There will be a new engine, and ghost character in the game.
  • There is a theory about it being released for the next-gen consoles: Playstation 4 and Xbox 720
  • The Xbox 720 will be revealed on May 21st also, the official trailer of Call of Duty: Ghosts will be revealed on May 21st as well.
  • The trailer/preview of Call of Duty: Ghosts has been released today, I forgot to mention this is the teaser trailer.
  • There is a Ghost Camo DLC if you pre-order the game.
  • Call of Duty©:Ghosts comes out for PS3, Xbox 360, and PC.
  • Release Date: November 5, 2013
  • 6 New Characters from the teaser trailer are confirmed in the campaign.
  • Theory: Campaign and the game itself are set in the future while the weapons are modern/current weapons.
  • Speculations from sources say that there may be a return of a high killstreak that will be in the multiplayer possibly a Nuke/MOAB that were in the past games.  Or maybe, a new high streak that will be implemented into Call of Duty: Ghosts from the Infinity Ward games.

img-1411584-2-call_of_duty_ghosts-HD.jpg

Here is the teaser trailer:

Call of Duty:Ghosts© Official Trailer:

• June 9th - The reveal of Call of Duty: Ghosts will be on showcase at E3!

wz__pdre11xi_large_verge_medium_landscap

Edited by ★Chaotic Lightning★
  • Brohoof 2

I love Call of Duty as it is a fun arcade shooter so I am curious to see what  they do with it. I hope they do something different with it and add something new to it or I won't buy it.

• Brohoof 4

I'm guessing Call of Duty is now going to be a supernatural first-person shooter.....?

Sounds epic.

Judging by the looks of the image, this isn't going to be in the future like Black Ops 2. It looks like another modern warfare. Hopefully this will be a better Modern Warfare, cos everyone knows the last one was a complete rip-off. (Probably going to get some people arguing against me for saying that. :S)

But anyway, if this is a supernatural FPS, then I'll buy it straight away. Something different instead of just fighting soldiers.....WAIT. 

Maybe, WE ARE THE GHOSTS :o

That would be pretty cool, but I doubt it. And I get a feeling they're going to bring back Ghost from Modern Warfare 2. Or add him in as an easter egg somewhere? 

Anyhow, this sounds pretty cool.

• Brohoof 1

Call of Duty will be the same no matter what title they gave it. As beast as I am at CoD I got bored right after MW3 and didn't even bother getting BO2. But since its a new series I guess I'll check it out. But I bet it'll be the same feel as the Modern Warfare series.

• Brohoof 1

Can't they just end it already? Call of Duty has been pumping out the same piece of crap for over ten years now with barely any significant changes other than zombies. I would think that people would begin to tire of the extremely simple game play and terrible online community, not too mention the amount of annoying underage players and trolls.

Further more, why the hell do they gotta pump out a new game every damn year? Wouldn't it be smarter to at least take 3 or 4 years to build more one the game and gt rid of all the glitches before you release it? Also, why do they need so many copies of the same game? Are they trying to beat Square Enix in having the most sequels for one title? 

And, the ghost-special forces theme already been done by another game company (Its called Ghost Recon if you somehow didn't know). Once again showing how unoriginal Activision and Infinity Ward is.  

I'm not trying to bash on these game developers, but isn't it time they try and make some other game that isn't a military shooter?

• Brohoof 4

isn't it time they try and make some other game that isn't a military shooter?

Well. Treyarch has made many other games. They've made quite a few Spider-Man games, and they helped develop the James Bond: Quantum of Solace video game.

As for Infinity Ward, I don't know what they do, but they're owned by Activision and I think they're just a company to make Call of Duty.

• Brohoof 2

Eh, I have no faith that Infinity Ward will do anything right. MW2 was a broken game and MW3 could barely play right with lag compensation shooting out the ass like no tomorrow.

As for the haters that start whining going, "Oh it's the same piece of crap since MW! Change the goddamn game up!" Look at what happened to SOCOM, a small amount of change is good, too much is bad. Even Mario Party suffered undergoing too much change. If you want some change then just buy Treyarch CoDs, you don't need every new CoD that comes out every single year. 

And now I leave you with this!
9990.jpg

• Brohoof 2

It will be awesome.Maybe Ghost from MW2 is going to be there.(Cause in an interview Infinity Ward said that he wasn't dead.)

Anyways i hope it won't be another future game.

ghosts.jpg   

The release date is 5/11/2013(day/month/year)

img-1412755-1-19xkg.jpg

>Says a majority of cod players

Seriously, I thought the only good cods were COD1, WaW and MW1. All black ops had to me was zombies. IMO the COD series needs to be completely rethought out and redone. I mean, they can keep the "arcade shooter" style, but I feel they could do a lot better with it.

Edited by Assassin✮Derpy
  • Brohoof 3

Another Call of Duty?

*yawn*

It's one thing to bring out what is practically a reskin every year (there is no way they have enough time to make any major changes, and they never really do either. The only notable one I can think of was Zombies, and what was that, 5 games ago?), but it's another thing to charge $60 for it, as well as what will probably another $60 for DLC in the future. And, in one year (or maybe one and a half if you're lucky) all that money will have gone to waste, as everyone will have flooded onto the next game and the one you have will be overrun by hackers. (Try playing WaW online on the Xbox 360. I dare you.)

I don't understand what people see in the CoD series. Why do people keep feeding Activision their money when there are loads of games out there which actually innovate and make wholesale changes, rather than a few tweaks here and there. Oh well, as long as it keeps the screaming 12 year olds away from all the good games I'm happy.

• Brohoof 3

Eh, I'm not the biggest Call of Duty fan I do enjoy the Single Player campaigns though. 

There are too much perks and stuff I don't like in multiplayer. What I'd love to see in a Call of Duty game is it being made completely competitive for multiplayer. 

• Brohoof 1

Okay, I realise that I'll probably get a lot of hate from CoD fans, but I don't give a damn. Halo is better for one thing, it doesn't try to be a game it isn't. I know Halo: 4 isn't as good as Halo: 3, which was a masterpiece, this is because Halo: 4 is 343's first game.

CoD got old real fast, all they do is add new sound effects, a couple of maps and a new weapon! And the graphics never seem to change. =/

So please, if you agree, you agree, if you disagree, you disagree. Either way, I don't care what you think about this post. XD

• Brohoof 2

Okay, I realise that I'll probably get a lot of hate from CoD fans, but I don't give a damn. Halo is better for one thing, it doesn't try to be a game it isn't. I know Halo: 4 isn't as good as Halo: 3, which was a masterpiece, this is because Halo: 4 is 343's first game.

Why are you coming into a discussion thread talking about a completely different game? This is discussing Call of Duty: Ghosts.

CoD got old real fast, all they do is add new sound effects, a couple of maps and a new weapon! And the graphics never seem to change. =/

You do realise the Halo franchise is the same of all those things you just said?

So please, if you agree, you agree, if you disagree, you disagree. Either way, I don't care what you think about this post. XD

So...you simply came in here, to talk about something completely off topic and different. Righto.

• Brohoof 1

I agree that the CoD series needs to die off and let new games take over the mainstream of gaming. It feels like the video game industry is trying to make the next leap to a new generation but people are only concerned about thier mainstream games like Call Of Duty, Halo, World of Warcraft instead of those games that are trying to bring something new to the table.

I feel like we're essentially brainwashing our generation to play the same game over and over again.

Hopefully CoD ghost isn't just Modern Warfare with a new paint job.

• Brohoof 1

Am I the only one here who likes COD? I'm actually pretty excited, seeing it'll be the first shooter I'll be waiting on to come out since getting into them.

Also, MW2 prequel anyone?

• Brohoof 1

I agree that the CoD series needs to die off and let new games take over the mainstream of gaming. It feels like the video game industry is trying to make the next leap to a new generation but people are only concerned about thier mainstream games like Call Of Duty, Halo, World of Warcraft instead of those games that are trying to bring something new to the table.

I feel like we're essentially brainwashing our generation to play the same game over and over again.

Hopefully CoD ghost isn't just Modern Warfare with a new paint job.

I completely agree. There is works of a new game called Destiny. If I'm correct, it is being made by Bungie, original creators of Halo, and also being worked on by Activision, publishers of CoD. So, I do believe Destiny will be the next big thing. Search it on Google if you want to learn more about it. =D

Am I the only one here who likes COD? I'm actually pretty excited, seeing it'll be the first shooter I'll be waiting on to come out since getting into them.

Also, MW2 prequel anyone?

Maybe.It may continue from MW3 or it may be before Modern Warfare.Hopefully it won't be another sequel of Modern Warfare series or Black Ops series.

Eh I'm really not a fan of Infinity Ward games, I much prefer Treyarch. I think the first Black Ops was the best CoD, though I'm in the minority with that belief. My brother will absolutely be buying this, like he does every year, so I'll be playing it regardless. Here's to hoping that it isn't the disaster MW3 was.

• Brohoof 2

Eh I'm really not a fan of Infinity Ward games, I much prefer Treyarch. I think the first Black Ops was the best CoD, though I'm in the minority with that belief. My brother will absolutely be buying this, like he does every year, so I'll be playing it regardless. Here's to hoping that it isn't the disaster MW3 was.

Same here. I liked Call of Duty: Black Ops the most out of the Call of Duty series, but everytime I say that, my head gets bitten off.

• Brohoof 2

I am a huge call of duty fan, though I am not way too excited about the next one. I wish they spent 2 years between each insteat of 1 so they could make the games better.

Anyways, I dont think I will buy it. Since I like black ops 2 so much and I do not want to buy the next xbox (since well I'm happy with bo2)

1. that cover is going to get changed. 80% sure.

2. That pic you have up there looks like a photoshoped mw3 wallpaper.

Edited by Jokuc
  • Brohoof 2

I am a huge call of duty fan, though I am not way too excited about the next one. I wish they spent 2 years between each insteat of 1 so they could make the games better.

Anyways, I dont think I will buy it. Since I like black ops 2 so much and I do not want to buy the next xbox (since well I'm happy with bo2)

1. that cover is going to get changed. 80% sure.

2. That pic you have up there looks like a photoshoped mw3 wallpaper.

I know that the picture looks like a photoshopped mw3 wallpaper. :P But, it actually isn't a mw3 wallpaper even if it looks like one. But don't worry this is the picture I found for now.

But, it actually isn't a mw3 wallpaper even if it looks like one.

Says the 100% reliable source from youtube who got it from a 100% reliable source from a 100% reliable article who got it from who the hell knows where. c:

Just sayin'. Unless it's from kotaku or something I'm still believing it's fake.

Says the 100% reliable source from youtube who got it from a 100% reliable source from a 100% reliable article who got it from who the hell knows where. c:

Just sayin'. Unless it's from kotaku or something I'm still believing it's fake.

I know what your saying. But I guess the picture doesn't matter, what matters is there might be a new engine for the game. If there is one.

tumblr_mgy2xmcXdp1qbejumo1_500.jpg

this is practically my views on COD, sure, they change weapons from time-to-time but gameplay wise is all the same. besides MW2 you watch Ghost die, now they're going to pull some stupid Deus Ex Machina and now somehow he's alive

• Brohoof 8