Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Call of Duty: Ghosts

Scootalove

I know what your saying. But I guess the picture doesn't matter, what matters is there might be a new engine for the game. If there is one.

oh whattya know. Well new engine or not Im not going to buy a new console just to play one game. I almost only play cod on my xbox so well I'll stick to the 360.

Btw,

The Xbox 720 will be revealed on May 21st

It's not necessarily true, but from rumors and leaked photos, the "720" wil lbe called Xbox Infinity (slogan Infinite Entertainment, Infinite Possibilities) with an infinity symbol (nice trick there since its two cirkles... = 720o .

this is practically my views on COD, sure, they change weapons from time-to-time but gameplay wise is all the same. besides MW2 you watch Ghost die, now they're going to pull some stupid Deus Ex Machina and now somehow he's alive

ugh I'm annoyed by haters who come into threads just to say it's the same thing again. Yes it is, and I don't want it to change either. I buy them because I liked the previous one and I know the next one is going to be just as fun

Edited by Jokuc
  • Brohoof 1

oh whattya know. Well new engine or not Im not going to buy a new console just to play one game. I almost only play cod on my xbox so well I'll stick to the 360.

Btw,

It's not necessarily true, but from rumors and leaked photos, the "720" wil lbe called Xbox Infinity (slogan Infinite Entertainment, Infinite Possibilities) with an infinity symbol (nice trick there since its two cirkles... = 720o .

I might buy the new consoles but not to play Call of Duty. :P The new engine I hope is not the recycled engine that we have seen for years. But as for the Xbox 720, I thought it would just be a big X with a disc tray. :P

I am a huge call of duty fan, though I am not way too excited about the next one. I wish they spent 2 years between each insteat of 1 so they could make the games better.

That is the Call of Duty development time, each game gets two years of development. Two different developers, they each switch out each year who releases what. Treyarch does...whatever Treyarch does, aka the Blops games every two years and Infinity Ward releases their CoD, aka MW, every two years. 

• Brohoof 2

That is the Call of Duty development time, each game gets two years of development. Two different developers, they each switch out each year who releases what. Treyarch does...whatever Treyarch does, aka the Blops games every two years and Infinity Ward releases their CoD, aka MW, every two years. 

Oh yeah you're right. I forgot about that. But well then, three years at least. And I'm not talking about changes to the games. I like them the way they are, I just want them to be made better.

• Brohoof 2

Oh yeah you're right. I forgot about that. But well then, three years at least. And I'm not talking about changes to the games. I like them the way they are, I just want them to be made better.

I know Treyarch probably would if they could but you know how Activision is, they want games pushed out in one to two years or so with the devs they support because well...they are money hungry just like EA! Just on a more sensible level to not put in DRM and online passes.

I'm not looking that much forward to it, I'll see what the others have to say about it before buying it myself. And I'll probably only buy it when BO II reaches the 1000 player mark, I still have to 100% both the singleplayer and the multiplayer but after that's done I'll either buy BF4 or Ghost, depends on what kind of FPS I'm leaning more towards by then.

Oh my, i look foward to this game, i simply loved Ghost, and MW2 was my favorite COD, there will also be a new engine and it will probably be for the new Xbox/Playstation, i have no doubts about it, but some people say that it will be for xbox 360/ps3.

• Brohoof 1

I'm glad that IW has finally branched off from the Modern Warfare series. In fact, I was worried that next year's CoD was gonna be MW4 (and there were rumors of it, too).

I think CoD: Ghosts would be better if it were a prequel, taking place before MW2. It wouldn't male much sense if Ghost survived being shot with .44 and then being lit on fire by Shepherd (but then again, that's what I thought about Woods surviving the Kravchenko's bomb blast in Black Ops, and it actually made sense how he survived when it was revealed in BO2).

It's a shame that this game is only going to be released to next-gen consoles because I don't plan on buying a PS4 or 720 any time soon. To me, both consoles seem flawed in one way or another (No used games on the 720 and the PS4's release cost of only $600). :(

I would totally get CoD: Ghosts if it were released for the 360 (my gaming platform of choice), though.

• Brohoof 1

they posted the trailer today so you might want to update the thread. But im still skeptical about the game, everyone seems to be obsessing over the new mechanics but i dont think it will work out. They implementing leaning, sliding, and rolling which cannot work with their current servers. Anyone who plays cod, especially BO2, knows that there is an insane amount of lag compensation due to the fact that COD does not get dedicated servers. There is no way the current server system could support the new movement system without straining itself too much.

Also, they have milked the series way too much, instead of having one very good developer release a well made every other year, we get a half finished game and need an inordinate amount of patches for the game to run the way it should have in the first place. I actually hoped BO2 would end the series, i think its the best of the most recent CODs and i can only see the series going downhill from there.

(edited)

they posted the trailer today so you might want to update the thread. But im still skeptical about the game, everyone seems to be obsessing over the new mechanics but i dont think it will work out. They implementing leaning, sliding, and rolling which cannot work with their current servers. Anyone who plays cod, especially BO2, knows that there is an insane amount of lag compensation due to the fact that COD does not get dedicated servers. There is no way the current server system could support the new movement system without straining itself too much.

Also, they have milked the series way too much, instead of having one very good developer release a well made every other year, we get a half finished game and need an inordinate amount of patches for the game to run the way it should have in the first place. I actually hoped BO2 would end the series, i think its the best of the most recent CODs and i can only see the series going downhill from there.

It may work assuming they learned that lag comp does not work what so ever, no matter how hard you try to get rid of host advantage while keeping connection for everyone fair. I am actually glad they don't do dedicated servers though, look at the shit EA pulled and look at BF3 servers now? Especially on console they are full of whiny admins that will kick, ban, or re-balance teams if you are doing either better than them or just kill them in general.

I for one will be buying it simply because you know how a majority of friends on a friends list are...LOLCOD ALL DAY. Making me waste money just so I can play with friends my ass -.-

Edited by Brolaire

I hope there's a better physics engine, new graphics, and a more realistic feel to mulitplayer. I mean, soldiers don't run around the map with to machine pistols and kill like 50 people without even being shot in the toe right? Exactly. And no overpowering weapons that were never meant to be overpowered(PP90M1 is main example).

Well since it's just a teaser with no gameplay I'm not going to judge it yet,

I'm not that big on call of duty but it's still fun to play with friends.

As long as people play it and it is fairly balanced and the snipers are good, I'll be playing Ghosts, think I may pre-order it tomorrow.

I couldn't tell you how hard i laughed when i saw  "Pre-order now" pop up at the end of the trailer. Gameplay footage hasn't even been revealed yet and they are expecting people to pre-order? I could understand if even one COD game had a good story but they don't, that aside i am very eager to see some multiplayer footage, classes, perks, weapons. That kind of stuff.

Hey, I love Call of Duty! It keeps all of the screaming and raging 12 year olds out of all of the GOOD games I play. Infinity Ward, please continue dishing out the same crap every year. Pleeeeease?

• Brohoof 3

im interested, which in its self is interesting seeing how i was expecting infinity ward to make an MW4,, but ill be watching this title, but im holding it to high expectations, BOII was good, and made several changes to the franchise, maybe activision is letting infinity ward take some risks like they let treyarc do with black ops, we can only wait and see

(edited)

Okay, I bought BO2 and while it is very flawed like all the other games, it was fun, but Activision is just milking this series dry. It pisses me off really. They killed off Guitar Hero, killed off the Tony Hawk games and then tried to win us back with a terrible 'reboot'. They take liscened IP's and butcher them. (Walking Dead Survival Instincts) and they constantly hype the COD games to the moon, when they are essentially the exact same game, just painted a different color.

Seriously, I hate Acitvision and will not be supporting them any longer. It doesn't matter if this game has a new engine or not. It will be the same formula: Release game, release overpriced DLC, announce new game for following year, repeat.

Edited by Kyoshi
  • Brohoof 2

Another call of duty game?

What else is new?

You know, there's a cycle for certain games like these, to the point where people aren't surprised anymore.

I'm generally ok with this, but not impressive in standards.

Although, it would be great for a certain someone to play this game, there's this guy on youtube who plays call of duty games with people online and usually fools around with them with the power of friendship, it would be funny to see him play this.

I'm glad that IW has finally branched off from the Modern Warfare series. In fact, I was worried that next year's CoD was gonna be MW4 (and there were rumors of it, too).

I think CoD: Ghosts would be better if it were a prequel, taking place before MW2. It wouldn't male much sense if Ghost survived being shot with .44 and then being lit on fire by Shepherd (but then again, that's what I thought about Woods surviving the Kravchenko's bomb blast in Black Ops, and it actually made sense how he survived when it was revealed in BO2).

It's a shame that this game is only going to be released to next-gen consoles because I don't plan on buying a PS4 or 720 any time soon. To me, both consoles seem flawed in one way or another (No used games on the 720 and the PS4's release cost of only $600). :(

I would totally get CoD: Ghosts if it were released for the 360 (my gaming platform of choice), though.

As it turns out, CoD:Ghosts IS going to be released on current gen consoles as well as the new ones.

So I guess this means that I will be getting it. :)

Oh boy. Looks like Activision and Infinity Ward are funneling more shit into the gaming industry. Because we didn't ALREADY have enough Call of Duty sequels. Fuck Activision in their ass.

• Brohoof 2

i love COD but more leaning over to the battlefield but im going to see what ghost is like before buying i got black ops 2 because they balanced the multiplayer  better then any other and new pick 10 so im buy it for my 360 

I guess Ghost is like MW4?

I dunno, coz people been talking about MW4 before this Ghost thing

And that guy looked like Cpt. Price, and Ghost, you know, that MW2 guy...

I know not a lot of people know about this but, Infinity Ward and Activision are going to be working on the next Call of Duty game that will soon release in probably October or November.

It is currently in development and, they will release probably a preview on May 1st. So I want to know, what are your thoughts on the next Call of Duty game?

img-1411584-1-1366823877_2124_ghosts.png

By the way, it won't be a supernatural first player shooter. I'll have more information when it is released.

New information:

• There will be a new engine, and ghost character in the game.
  • There is a theory about it being released for the next-gen consoles: Playstation 4 and Xbox 720
  • The Xbox 720 will be revealed on May 21st also, the official trailer of Call of Duty: Ghosts will be revealed on May 21st as well.
  • The trailer/preview of Call of Duty: Ghosts has been released today, I forgot to mention this is the teaser trailer.
  • There is a Ghost Camo DLC if you pre-order the game.

Here is the teaser trailer:

What a terrible trailer... might aswell not have released one, this is the shit that sort of makes me hate fps games now adays. I mean what does this trailer say? I could deduce more from a still image than i could from this entire trailer. Its dumb, its not well crafted, its not funny, its not interesting, its just vague dialogue that is said in low gruff voice to add some sort of drama. 

Ugh... look at the black ops 2 release trailer, 100x better, CAUSE IT ACTUALLY SHOWS SOMETHING tongue.png

But honestly, i have looking forward to the new graphics engine, however, there are rumors flying around that it is just another slightly large upgrade to the crappy old quake engine that has been used for YEARS!

post-14701-0-66091100-1367862500.png

• Brohoof 2

What a terrible trailer... might aswell not have released one, this is the shit that sort of makes me hate fps games now adays. I mean what does this trailer say? I could deduce more from a still image than i could from this entire trailer. Its dumb, its not well crafted, its not funny, its not interesting, its just vague dialogue that is said in low gruff voice to add some sort of drama. 

Ugh... look at the black ops 2 release trailer, 100x better, CAUSE IT ACTUALLY SHOWS SOMETHING img-1438998-2-tongue.png

But honestly, i have looking forward to the new graphics engine, however, there are rumors flying around that it is just another slightly large upgrade to the crappy old quake engine that has been used for YEARS!

Even if the black ops 2 trailer showed gameplay, and even if it is 100x better. We all still knew the game would be complete bullshit.