Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Call of Duty: Ghosts

Scootalove

So how do you guys and girls feel about Call of Duty: Ghosts being a cross gen game? meaning it is coming to current gen and next gen platforms.

Wanna see some multiplayer gameplay EARLY? Watch some MW3 gameplay.

And by ''new engine'' they probably just mean they're using the exact same engine as now but making it for the new consoles, it will probably include minor graphical changes but that's gonna be it.

That would be MW3 gameplay. Not Ghosts. Silly, ghosts is not the same game as mw3, it's a new game they are making :) I bet you're just as excited as I am to see how all the new it guns and new skins and stuff will look!!!! It's sooo cooool

!!!!

post-1052-0-48436000-1355526500.gif

Seriously though, I'm tired of people complaining about how the games are the same.
it's supposed to be the same because the same makes people buy it because they like it

So how do you guys and girls feel about Call of Duty: Ghosts being a cross gen game? meaning it is coming to current gen and next gen platforms.

Okay, I guess. There's a larger audience on current gen consoles so I assume this move has its advantages from a market standpoint. Of course, this means that the next gen consoles are likely getting a port of the game instead of a game built for the next gen consoles and that kinda sucks because of the lost potential. I could be wrong, I don't keep up with CoD news that much because I won't be buying the game, but that's my best guess of how things will play out.

Not very suprised, since Activision will milk it for all its worth. Releasing it on next gen consoles and current platforms is one of the ways to do that.

That would be MW3 gameplay. Not Ghosts. Silly, ghosts is not the same game as mw3, it's a new game they are making smile.png I bet you're just as excited as I am to see how all the new it guns and new skins and stuff will look!!!! It's sooo cooool

!!!!

Seriously though, I'm tired of people complaining about how the games are the same.
it's supposed to be the same because the same makes people buy it because they like it

If the games are supposed to be the same, then why do they have to release new ones that serve no other purpose than to milk money out of the dying franchise that Call of Duty is (or should be).

(edited)

No this wont be a Next Gen Release. and were going to get hugly crapped on for the PC gamers,

I going to guess the following

NO DEDICATED SERVER

NO LEAN LEFT/RIGHT at all or not during lying down
NO TXAA

NO SSAA
NO real DX 11 support including Tesslating
32Bit game So now x64 support (4 gig  large for memory useage)
And get raped even more with DLC and stupid camos and retarard stuff liek that..

Game play :
More Bunny. hop well Aim down sights. (like a real person with 70lb or more on there back can jump, ads, and shot...) LAME

more Noob tubes (useing Rpg's and granda lunchs is sooo much fun cuz I don't have to aim) this gets old quick

theres a reason none of these 7y-12y kiddies dont play WaW or COD 1/2 online.. they can't get away with childish gaming habbits like the above thats why

---------------

sad truth is I put 900 hours in BO1, 350H in MW2, untold amount of hours in WAW, MW1 and wayyyyyyy to many hours into COD1 & 2 <<<that was time worth spent)

I only put 11H in to MW3 cuz it sux so bad like MW2, and Bo2 is playable but no screming hell due to lack of dedicated server support

And I deffently not pre-order COD Ghost and will torrent it for the SP if MP dose not have Dedicted server support on the User end

Edited by MadDoggyca

If the games are supposed to be the same, then why do they have to release new ones that serve no other purpose than to milk money out of the dying franchise that Call of Duty is (or should be).

Stop being stupid when you know the answers.

Because the game has edits such as I just said, new characters, new maps, new looks, new soundtracks, new weapons, new features, new missions.

And about the missions, you can't say it's the same.

Some people want big graphic changes and changes to how the actual game behaves, also more changes in the gameplay. But I like cod how it is and changes such as gameplay changes would just make me leave the series.

It bugs me how everyone complains about how Activision just wants money. First off, no they doesn't just want money. But of course they want money, and probably more than others. They have a title as one of the biggest companies within the gaming community that they doesn't want to lose. And I honestly don't care what their purpose of making the games are, as long as I can enjoy playing them.

Not very suprised, since Activision will milk it for all its worth. Releasing it on next gen consoles and current platforms is one of the ways to do that.

Yep. And I bet Xbox Next will have the definitive console version, since Activision and Microsoft are close. Even so, most of the sales of the game will likely come from the PS3 and 360 versions.

So, on the poster on the Call of Duty website, there are some coordinates to Caracas, Venezuela. I think we have our setting.

I think we won't get the MW2 prequel anymore. I thought that would be interesting, but oh well, I have confidence that they can make something interesting.

About 1/2 to 3/4 of the responses here:

Lol Call of Doohty is s0 being milked its so gay let's just play Derp because its s0 much different lol.

Seriously, if you hate the games then why come in here? I'm all for having opinions and all, but let us that are interested in the game and the news around it do so without a bunch of guys just in here to start arguments.

(edited)

Ok so I watched the new trailer and I must say it looks better than I though it would. So stop saying cod never changes haters, they got a new engine now.

Anyways, here's what I got from the video..

-US Military Forces is devastated

-Ghosts are super elite soldiers

- AI system so creatures interact with you in the game

- Dogs as a team member

- New engine

- New characters

- Weapons that's never been seen before

- Underwater in campaign

- When you run quick and hit a low wall you leap over it

- Slide feature

- Fluid dynamics

- Interactive smoke

- New lighting system

- Dynamic maps in multiplayer. Doors, explosive maps, traps, etc.

- ~60 fps

And some weapons..

http://www.charlieintel.com/ghosts/ghosts-weapon-list/
which spas wanted me to post

I took some screenshots

img-1485891-1-65POK3d.png

img-1485891-2-KWEehl8.png

img-1485891-3-7nQRBQW.png

img-1485891-4-6ejecs6.png

img-1485891-5-MzJwKR7.jpg

img-1485891-6-mHx0dXr.png

img-1485891-7-EC60M86.png

Edited by Jokuc
  • Brohoof 1

I'm really surprised about the latest Ghosts trailer. I thought for sure it would be an action packed mess but it wasn't, It was an emotional epic which i didn't expect at all and after seeing the behind the scenes i almost i feel as though i can trust Infinity Ward and Stephan Gaghan to do a good job.

But lets face it, they couldn't have done any worse than the reveal trailer with all the masks. God that sucked. 

New game engine that makes it look like Crysis 1 maxed on PC. They didn't give much of any really groundbreaking stuff for this next-gen COD. Ooh the "new" AI system, when you run in front of fish they will swim away, water looks as real as ever and so on. Hopefully your arm hair is customizable for some reason.

But the dog was cool~ He has his twitter up and running and he can't be more excited.

https://twitter.com/CollarDuty

Well, I got to admit, that trailer looked very nice and the music was nice as well. I really like that dog and I may get it just because of that dog (That dog better not die), but I think I will wait for more details.

Oh god, no, the dog's already my favorite character so far, please, for the love of Celestia Activision, please don't kill off the doggie, my emotions can't take it ;_;

I've only played CoD3 and MW2, but this is the only recent CoD game to date that I've actually considered buying, because... a dog.

(edited)

I personally prefer battlefield, most of the players on cod are just 10 year olds, trolls or both, plus I prefer the gunplay in battlefield because all of the guns have different uses as in cod however you can kill someone across the map with an smg.

though I am excited to see what ghosts is going to end up like

Edited by lightningstrikes

• 2 months later...

You have probably already seen it but the Multiplayer trailer for Ghosts was just released.

I must say that it looks different (it kinda reminds me of battlefield haha) but it still has those things that makes cod cod.

Not too excited about the game though since I probably won't buy it anyways. (Dont wanna buy a new console and it feels pointless to buy it for the 360 since everyone else will play on the new gen consoles)

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, I saw the multiplayer reveal. I wasn't really impressed that much since it has some Battlefield Bad Company 2, Modern Warfare 2, MW3, and Black Ops II engines combined into one. I might not be buying it.

I pre ordered it, It looks pretty cool but i said the same thing about Black Ops 2 and it was the worst one in my opinion. The only thing i liked about it were some of the levels like carrier and turbine just because they were creative.

I love the destructible terrain. It's about time CoD had it. Also, watching the (recording of the) live stream made the game look particularly attractive. Whole thing here.

That said, I won't be buying it since I'll be in college this fall. Hopefully my dad'll buy it (yeah, he plays CoD) and I'll get to try it out on Winter break or maybe on the weekends.

Edited by Sky Chaser
  • Brohoof 1

Multiplayer trailer looks okay, I guess. Though, I'm waiting to see what the singleplayer and co-op will be like. If I do get the game, it'll be for one of those.

I hardly ever play multiplayer anymore, and when I do, it's almost always CoD4 or TF2. Not looking for any new MP games ATM.

I personally prefer battlefield, most of the players on cod are just 10 year olds, trolls or both, plus I prefer the gunplay in battlefield because all of the guns have different uses as in cod however you can kill someone across the map with an smg.

though I am excited to see what ghosts is going to end up like

Honestly I find a lot more relaxed stoners on CoD than children.

Both games are good. To each his own.

I play both and I can tell you, every AR, SMG and Shotty has different strengths and weaknesses. The depth of the differences in weapons in CoD comes more from applying these strengths and weaknesses to benefiting you in quick skirmishes. (A fraction if a second difference in reload time can save you). They are very different games that are both the best at what they do and I get tired of all the comparisons because it's like saying "Street Fighter is better in every way to Smash Brothers". Same genre. Plays nothing alike.

Okay so...

>Ghosts introduces new features to COD

>People claims those features are stolen from other games

>People claim this is a copy and paste game anyway

It's ridiculous how people are saying this. That's like saying every WW2 game stole from Medal of Honor, every game with a destructible environment stole from Battlefield, every FPS game with the ability to aim down sights and hipfire stole from COD, every game set in the future stole from Halo, every FPS game ever stole from Doom and Wolfenstein, the concept of FPS stole from real modern combat, etc. Even if Ghosts took concepts from other games, I think it's very fair for them to do if it does in fact enhance the gaming experience.

As for my personal opinion on MP Ghosts, I'm quite interested to see how the new features will actually work in the game. Particularly the dynamic maps. I also look forward to exactly how the new class system will actually work into the game. It really does look like they put quite a bit of work into this. But will what we see actually be as good as it actually is? One thing I hope to see in Ghosts is improved lag compensation; I think that has been the biggest complaint for BOII.

Edited by 115Predator
  • Brohoof 2

Posted yesterday

It's CoD...not much to say about this trailer....only thing I liked was the music. I didn't see much new stuff,other then dynamic map elements which are gonna react the same way every time you play that map. Walls that actually explode...whoop de doo..BF has had that since forever....

Not all that impressing of a trailer....and I've played every other CoD, I've prestiged over 30 times...and I don't see this one being too much different.

But I might buy it, just because everyone else is going to buy it....

wow, looks like COD is finally getting destructable enviroments happening. took em long enough if you ask me.

but still, i like COD, and i probably will buy this game. looks pretty good and to me that's good enough.