Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Call of Duty: Ghosts

Scootalove

Honestly I find a lot more relaxed stoners on CoD than children.

Both games are good. To each his own.

I play both and I can tell you, every AR, SMG and Shotty has different strengths and weaknesses. The depth of the differences in weapons in CoD comes more from applying these strengths and weaknesses to benefiting you in quick skirmishes. (A fraction if a second difference in reload time can save you). They are very different games that are both the best at what they do and I get tired of all the comparisons because it's like saying "Street Fighter is better in every way to Smash Brothers". Same genre. Plays nothing alike.

you are correct with the reload times, but I feel like the gunplay is better on battlefield because more beneficial to use certain weapons for certain situations, but on seeing ghosts gameplay and trailers they are trying to change cod to a better experience for all players and I have full faith in them to change cod into something great, but as I said i currently prefer bf3 and excited for bf4, but im interested to see what ghosts will play like.

It looks okay I suppose. I'll probably pick it up. As long as I can customize my logo and slap a good old Rainbow Dash cutie mark on my gun I'll be happy. Anyways, I was never a huge COD fan. I usually just play the multiplayer every now and then. The campaigns are usually good, and the third special mode (zombies/survival) is usually the one I end up playing most. The same will probably happen with Ghosts.

This one seems a bit wierd to me. Most likely deja vu, since I had the same reaction to Black Ops 2. Still, if I buy Ghosts of my own volition (as in, not influenced by friends who buy it), it'd be for Squad mode. As it stands, I usually just play Black Ops 2 to slaughter the bots, and I spend more time in Survival mode than Multiplayer on MW3.

After seeing the multiplayer footage, I can safely say that this game looks like garbage. It looks like they are using the exact same engine from the Modern Warfare series, with maybe slight tweaks. The gameplay looks completely the same, the 'interactive maps' look really bland and cliché, the graphics...I cannot believe that the footage they have shown is apparently on Xbox One. For a next gen title with this much power to use, it looks terrible.

This particular game is just further proof that Activision is perfectly comfortable with rehashing the same thing every year. Yet, each game sells millions, because each one is hyped to the moon and the public is immensely gullible.

It would be fine if these games were cheaper, but they are always full price every year, despite being almost identical with slightly different paint.

EDIT: I may have jumped the gun here, though this was pretty early on. I was disappointed with the early footage as you can tell. After doing quite a bit of research on it and seeing a decent amount of recent footage, it doesn't look bad. At least, for current consoles, which is where these games will sell the most anyways. I suppose I should take my words back for the most part. Who knows, this one might actually be good.

Edited by Kyoshi
  • Brohoof 1

Well, my enthusiasm for Call of Duty: Ghosts was pretty much killed by this video. Interactive maps look really lame after watching it.

That killed it for me, I figured every wall was going to be destructible....guess not. only obvious ones with the red logo on them can be blown up....laaaaaame

With that i'm saving for GTA V

After seeing the multiplayer footage, I can safely say that this game looks like garbage. It looks like they are using the exact same engine from the Modern Warfare series, with maybe slight tweaks. The gameplay looks completely the same, the 'interactive maps' look really bland and cliché, the graphics...I cannot believe that the footage they have shown is apparently on Xbox One. For a next gen title with this much power to use, it looks terrible.

This particular game is just further proof that Activision is perfectly comfortable with rehashing the same thing every year. Yet, each game sells millions, because each one is hyped to the moon and the public is immensely gullible.

It would be fine if these games were cheaper, but they are always full price every year, despite being almost identical with slightly different paint.

Agreed. Each one has felt like an "add-on"  vs a full game.

You'd think these companies would come up with something good for the next gen console.

I just saw the COD Ghost's reveal trailer and honestly it has potential to be the best COD since Black Ops. And after the catastrophe that was Black ops 2, My faith is restored in the series.

What do you guys think? is this gonna be worth the 60$ or should we all wait for the next one? because half of me thinks this is going to be the Ghost recon future soldier of the series!

i'm gonna buy it anyways. i honestly hope that it's gonna be good. and what they showed does have great potential. but if it runs like BO2 then i might just loose my last bit of hope. for the series.

and well, i buy those games for the multiplayer anyway.

Strange. I legitimately enjoyed BOII and found that they included quite a bit of features. Or perhaps people often think about the bad lag compensation? I'm not sure if I noticed too much of it because I'm currently using a 2007 computer which has caused the game to often stutter when I played it.

Feature-wise, I think Ghosts has quite a bit in it; it definitely doesn't look like a copy and paste like MW3. When it comes to actual enjoyable gameplay, I guess we'll simply have to wait until the game actually releases to judge that.

I think they really need to come up some new games instead of using all this money and staff on making COD game after COD game. It's getting about as bad as the EA Sports titles with re-hashing the same thing every-time. 

I wouldn't think that it's a waste of money unless you want to spend money on DLC maps, that you won't enjoy after a while just like Black Ops II. But, if your going to go through the cycle of Call of Duty games then be my guest. Ghosts has a lot of potential but, I see Infinity Ward ruining the game just like they did with Modern Warfare 3.

I do not really think it is going to be worth it in a while becouse of the low innovation in the series. Feel free to get it but at least I will skip it, I simply have my whooves full of games at the moment. But do not judge it to quickly by its cover(you know what happened with twilight when she did that).

Using my best judgement (I haven't seen much of it right now) I'd say Ghosts will be a big waste of money, just like every CoD released since World at War. Man, I really do go on about WaW, but it's such a good game, and all the others released after just aren't.

Consider the full price of a CoD game and all the DLC combined, that's getting close to £100 (I don't know the actual numbers here, I'm just guessing). That's the biggest rip off in gaming history. That's based on Black Ops' DLC by the way, which I think were 1400 ms points each, I'm not sure how much the others were, but they were around the same I think.

Edited by James

Call of Duty: Ghosts (or Call of Duty Dogs)  is going to sell a lot. All the changes they made will probably be good and they're not bad and they add a few more small things to the game like the new killstreaks they're talking about and the lean function.

It wont be a waste of money it will most definitely not feel TOO different from Black Ops 2 because then it just wouldn't be COD.

@Stoney Pony, we had an older discussion thread for Call of Duty: Ghosts, so the thread you recently made has been merged with it. Just letting you know. You might also try using the search feature before starting a new thread to check if one is out there already.

Ghosts is actually getting me hyped for a new Call of Duty game. The multiplayer reveal trailer was amazing and I really like how you will be able to interact with the map unlike in previous installments of the series. The campaign also looks very interesting and I hope will be a bounce back form the disastrous (in my opinion) Black Ops II campaign. So overall I'm going to say this looks awesome.

1400 ms points each

It has always been 1200 Microsoft points each. Still too expensive, though.

@,

I agree, it looks lame. That you only can destroy the map on a few spots that has a marker thingy on them just seems boring to me.

Also, I don't like the new uav. Place it on the ground and 3 of them = VSAT? I mean come on it's gonna be OP.

Edited by Jokuc
  • Brohoof 1

Also, I don't like the new uav. Place it on the ground? I mean come on it's gonna be OP.

Well, there should be a perk to find it, but you're right - have you heard just how friggin' powerful they're going to be? 1 UAV = regular UAV. 2 UAVs = Constant updates, as if tagged by MW3 recon drone. 3 UAVs = VSAT.

Waaaay OP.

@,

I said that in my post, I edited it right after you quoted me :P

I would get the game if the next gen consoles came out the next year since I then could buy it for the 360 and everyone else plays on the 360 now too. But now I won't cause I cant afford a new console (PS4. I mean xbox one? come on :v ) and no one will play on the 360 =v

@,

ugh yeah. That's bad. Also, I hate when the scoreboards show so little. I have a bad habit of popping up the scoreboard all the time (yeah seriously, like every time I reload I pop up the scoreboard) so I look at it a lot.

I just heard about the new prestige system too. It's kinda cool, but I don't like it. Now, instead of going to prestige 1 -> 2 -> 3  and so on, you have different soldiers to play with. Each of them starts out at level 1. I like that. In fact, I love that. I love to go into a lobby as a level 1 guy and just own everyone. But here comes the bad part which I hate: You can only prestige once. Yup. Each character only have 1 prestige so you can only rank up to prestige 1. That's very sad for people like me who usually only use the same class all the time (which equals same character in ghosts). I would be prestige 1 forever along with like every single player in the game.

I'm annoyed that they're doing this, even though I'm not getting the game. I mean, the leveling up in black ops 2 was way too fast. I became prestige master a month after the game was released. And I don't want them to spam prestiges like in MW3 with like 20 prestiges, that's lame too. What they should do is to make it take like double the time to rank up.

Edited by Jokuc