Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

(Pop culture) relevance of the number 117?

Dowlphin

I've seen this number used quite a lot, in user names and stuff like that. Any idea why this number appears so relatively often? If I remember correctly, it might be a Halo reference, but can that be the only influencing factor? It seems like this number is spooking around in people's heads a lot. Or is that just me?

Master Chief, the main antagonist of the Halo franchise is also know by the name of Sierra 117. Since a ton of people love the Halo franchise, they'll toss it at the end of any username to show their affiliation with the series.

I've seen this number used quite a lot, in user names and stuff like that. Any idea why this number appears so relatively often? If I remember correctly, it might be a Halo reference, but can that be the only influencing factor? It seems like this number is spooking around in people's heads a lot. Or is that just me?

117 is the spartan number of the main character in Halo Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo 4. That is it's only relevance, and it's why people like to use it.

It's from Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy, John 117, who is from the game series, Halo.  117 is his Spartan tag and is a pretty popular thing, which is why people probably use it a lot.