Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The "Rainbow Dash" Theory

Zero000

The colors of the rainbow (light spectrum) contains 7 colors.

Posted Image

Rainbow Dash's mane and tail contain only 6 colors:

Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, and Indigo.

So where's violet?

Rainbow Dash's eyes are colored violet to complete the light spectrum.

(A smart move on the creator's side)

This also leads to her cyan-colored body to fill in the color between green/blue.

Posted Image

Posted Image

You have to knows these things to be a true Rainbow Dash fan.

Anypony support my theory?

Edited by Daring-Zero-Doo
  • Brohoof 14

Very smart, but the thing that annoys me is when she does a sonic rainboom andmakes a rainbow theres no leprachaun :(

Uhhh Zero, you do realize that there is violet(according to that chart you posted) in Dashie's tail in the pick you posted above, right? And I just checked, there is a small streak in her mane as well. But I think your theory is good though because these two streaks are so small that they made her eyes violet to make sure that we noticed all the colors. Edited by super muffin derpy506

Uhhh Zero, you do realize that there is violet(according to that chart you posted) in Dashie's tail in the pick you posted above, right? And I just checked, there is a small streak in her mane as well. But I think your theory is good though because these two streaks are so small that they made her eyes violet to make sure that we noticed all the colors.

Indigo colored tail, my friend.

I am a Dashie fan and never knew that, but please, I think it was just laziness with animators for possibly, a better look.

Honestly, whenever I draw the rainbow, I just consider "indigo" purple and leave out the violet. To me, they're so similar it doesn't even matter. The eyes being that colour probably weren't a deliberate choice, but I would be impressed if it was.

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...

Uhhh Zero, you do realize that there is violet(according to that chart you posted) in Dashie's tail in the pick you posted above, right? And I just checked, there is a small streak in her mane as well. But I think your theory is good though because these two streaks are so small that they made her eyes violet to make sure that we noticed all the colors.

I agree. I would say her eyes are actually Pink Morganite.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah ,Dash has more of the rainbow than just about any other pony.  But, I'm one of those people that can't tell indigo from purple (or butter from margarine -there's no hope for me, I'm DOOMED to be called uncouth by Rarity :( )

• 3 weeks later...

Gonna stop you right there because that's just completely false.

Of course there is an infinity of colors in the light spectrum, but I guess he meant we can roughly separate it in 7 colors. Edited by Blobulle

That looked like a violet streak in her tail to me.

As for the rest of her colouration, it's a deliberate riff on colour printing theory. In the printing industry, Three primary colours (plus black) are used to make any other colour needed. Those three primary colours are yellow, cyan, and magenta. Well, Rainbow Dash's body is cyan, and her eyes are magenta.