Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Your Favorite Controller

Boop

There have been many great consoles no doubt. Though you can't have a great console without a good controller! I've played all different systems and have had the opportunity to play a different system at a friend's house  So many controllers.... I'm only to going to share the ones I felt like I personally wanted to discuss.

My favorite controller would have to be the Gamecube controller, it's kind of close to the 360 controller model which is also another great controller, but it falls under the Gamecube controller. The layout of the controller is well designed and it had that ergonomic feel when you play. There has never been a time where the Gamecube controller had ever been any problem. I'm just one of those people who can settle down with just a regular controller and just play. I don't necessarily need anything out of the box to keep me a consumer. I like gaming with just an average controller and that's what the Gamecube was for me.

250px-GameCube_controller.png

Another, controller that some people have probably heard or not heard of is the the Oculus Rift! Which are still being developed by the team and have made great progress in getting to their goal. They're a controller for PC and Android users. This has been one of the biggest innovative steps into making the player truly feel like they're in the game. It has a lot of promise with being a great success on Kickstarter. I'm sure a lot of people have high hopes and are more than excited to actually get their hands on this. I'm a little curious myself, I might even buy one.

IMG_4472_large_verge_medium_landscape.jp

With all these added features to future controllers you can't just dream what they might come up with next. Virtual reality being the last step. I wouldn't be surprised if big console names start to advance their own controller technology and match competitors  So, no gamer doesn't have a preferred method of what and how they want to play.Even though, it's a great step into virtual reality gaming.... I still like my playing like older controllers. : )

What's the most comfortable/favorite gaming controller in your opinion?

Here's a list of many controllers that you may want to talk about about.

Nintendo

- NES

- SNES

- NIntendo 64

- Gamecube Controller

- Game Microphone

- Wii Remote / Nunchuk

- Wii U gamepad

Sony Play Station

- PS1 Controller

- PS2 Controller

- PS3 Controller

- Playstation Move

Microsoft Xbox

- Xbox Controller

- Xbox 360 Controller

- Xbox 360 Kinect

PC

- Keyboard/Mouse

- Steering Wheel/Pedals/Joystick

- PC Gaming Controllers

- Oculus Rift ( Virtual Reality Head Set) / Also For Android

- MIDI Controllers don't count here!

Sega

- Sega Saturn

- Sega Genesis

- Sega Master System

- Dreamcast

Arcade

- Shooters ( with guns)

- Racing ( steering wheel, and pedals)

- Joysticks/Buttons

- 4D Simulators

Handhelds

- Gameboy / Gameboy Colour

- Gameboy Advance

- Gameboy Advance SP

- Nintendo DS / Lite / DSI

- Nintendo 3DS / XL

- PSP

- PSP Vita

- Tablet/ Ipad/Android

- Iphone/ Ipod/Android

Other

- Guitar Hero's Guitar

- Guitar Hero's Drums

- Guitar Hero's Microphone

- Other?

Note - WORST CONTROLLER

THE GAMECUBE MICROPHONE

The notorious Gamecube microphone from Mario Party 7...This happened to be the WORST controller I had ever put my hand on.... I'm sure there's many of you that would agree if you had ever placed your hands on such a junky controller. I've never had so many problems with a controller in my life. It's very unresponsive and it couldn't pick up what you were saying into it. Plus, it made me feel silly at times of playing Mario Party. I don't see any use for it. It was just one of those innovative ideas to get people to buy a game because it had a different element of gameplay to get consumers. This controller was completely pointless. It only played few, FEW games.  It much pretty much a worthless piece of crap. Save yourselves!

gamecube-microphone-2kod-170.jpg

• Brohoof 7

Huh, nice topic to bring up by the way.

Anyways, my all time favorite console controller would have to be the Playstation's dualshock controllers.

They are hands down the best in terms of button placement, comfort, durability, and enjoyment.

Heck, to this day, every sony console uses the same control design cause they know it works out!

sony-ps3-dualshock-3-wireless-controller

• Brohoof 3

My favorite controller is the Playstation 2 controller, even though I'm very used to the Playstation 3 controller. I don't really have a worst controller just yet.

0071171970260_500X500.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Well, if you suscribe to Sony by email, you would know that Sony is about to release the DualShock 4 controller, and I think that is gonna be my new favorite controller.

8493772456_34a85b7767_z.jpg

My favoirte right now, is the Wii controller. I love the Wii, and always will.

/)

• Brohoof 3

post-3827-0-73892500-1367195507.jpg

Yeah I game pretty hardcore....

Just kidding.

post-3827-0-63452400-1367195576_thumb.jpg

I was raised with the duke controller, I'll die with the duke controller <3 I like the 360 controllers but I had played with a duke for so long you know?

• Brohoof 1

I've gotta agree with the Gamecube controller as my favorite controller. My other favorites after GC are the 3DS, the classic PC keyboard and mouse, followed last with the PS2. And for the worst controller of all time has to be the powerglove. At least the GC mic will work from time to time. The most annoying controller for me is the at-home DDR pad. Those things NEVER work for me.

Huh, a lot of Playstation lovers here. I actually don't like that controller very much, ahaha. It's only because I'd always lose at my friends house when we played Playstation. Just the controller just feels really small, but I do admit I do like the light weight of it. One thing I wouldn't brag about is the layout. I think the layout is a bit too close together, it makes it more difficult to place more hands on, and get more comfortable with. I am a Nintendo oriented player so I guess to happen to lean to more of NIntendo's designs.

Also, one of my friends who is ultimately PS, and PC player does talk down about the PS3 controller. His thoughts for the controller were the analog sticks too close to each other. So, just another thought from one of my friends that has shared with me his overall experience of the layout of the PS3 controller.

post-6541-0-91353800-1367195970_thumb.jpg

The Jungle Green Nintendo 64 controller is my all time favorite. I can't explain it, but I just love it.

My second favorite is the gamecube controller.

My least favorites are: Kinect, Wii remote.... and all motion based controllers.

• Brohoof 2

I really like Logitech Chillstream:

371bc115-11a0-4962-8221-e8a4f7794ad2_pro

And this thing is the most gloriously comfortable gamepad I've ever had in my hands:

MadCatzXboxPadGreen-h450.jpg

Seriously, this thing was so good that I sometimes used to hold it just for the sake of holding it...

I don't like PS controllers, they're too skinny for me.

• Brohoof 1

I love the PS2 controller. Not sure why, it just feels right in my hand.

I have a 360 controller for when I do PC gaming that isn't touhou or Infinity Engine, which these days is rare.

I'm normally a computer guy, but I think when it comes to consoles I'm most comfortable with the Xbox or xbox360 controllers, simply because those are the ones I've proably used the most, I've used the playstation 2 controllers a good bit to, but not the ps3 controllers really. Not that there's a whole lot of difference.

The only problem I have with the older controllers are the control sticks always seem to break pretty fast on those for me, maybe I'm to aggressive :P.

Normally computer, but when I do play console games I like the Sega Genesisgenesis.jpg 

controller.  It is the most comfortable controller I've played with.

I love the DSlite. Mainly because I play my games almost anywhere, at any time. Add to that the fact that It's about the right size for my puny hands, so it feels right to hold it for long periods, and it can play my GBA games (which I do have... Love you Pokemon Sapphire! Even if you're not loved by others!) I also enjoy PC gaming because that also feels natural to me, with WASD and mouse controls. However, with home consoles, I can't really say. I've played a bit on all the (soon to be outdated) consoles, and all of them are good. The Playstation and XBox controllers are both ergonomically designed for 2 hands, with the Wii controller being designed more for 1 hand (note- motion controls). I like how the Wii controller can also work with 2 hands, but it's not all that comfortable.

I haven't tried any portable consoles outside of Nintendo, so I don't know much about them.

I'm surprised noone has said the power glove yet! Such an amazing controller that was way ahead of its time!... I'm kidding of course. The power glove was a commercial flop and it controlled horribly, but it honestly was ahead of its time which probably attributed to some of its failures.

As for an honest answer, the gamecube controller has to be my favourite. The only thing I disliked about it was the awkward location of the C-stick. If I had the opportunity to redesign the gamecube controller, I would remove the D-pad and put the C-stick where the D-pad was. But yes, other than that, I thought the design was great and I loved mashing the L and R buttons.

Edited by Celtore

I have to say I really like the SNES, gamecube, and xbox 360 controllers. Aaahh! The SNES days were the best days! Very great controller for a great console!

This is my favorite controller(s).

post-3285-0-98330100-1367197865_thumb.jpg

With it, one can run around, solving puzzles and shooting portals; one can drive a tank and shoot and destroy other tanks; one can control a character in a 5 v 5 match, and use unique skills to dominate the game. One can even scare the crap out of one's self.

That is the power of the keyboard and mouse.

• Brohoof 5

Best controller of all time? Has to be this:

post-7214-0-18957300-1367203922_thumb.jpg

And this:

post-7214-0-09787900-1367203940_thumb.jpg

Buuuut if I have to use a 'real' controller, I do like the dualshock 3 controllers :P

• Brohoof 4

Best controller of all time? Has to be this:

picture of kickass keyboard here

And this:

picture of kickass mouse here

This. PC master race.

As far as consoles go, probably the Dual Shock 2. It has just the right amount of buttons and inputs. It has pressure sensitive buttons, too. Sticks are nicely sensitive, but not overly so. You don't have to stretch to hit anything, and it's small enough to lightly rest in your hands without having to actually hold it.

The best part, though, is that it's wired. No extra buttons that you can accidentally hit while in an intense fight that disconnects the controller from the console, no messing around with turning your controllers on in the correct order so the player numbers are correct, and no running out of goddamn battery power. Even with current gen consoles, I use wired controllers whenever possible.

Edited by Evilshy
  • Brohoof 2

Are you all Buckin crazy?

The playstations controller is FAR from comfortable.

The Xbox 360 controller is specifically designed for comfort and fits nicely in your hands.

This new Playstation controller with a touch screen in its pathetic imo...

But thats coming from an xbox boy :3

oh but PC beats all...just so you know :3

• Brohoof 1

I never had the privilege to own/use anything pre PlayStation 1 :c

I generally don't like the playstation controllers because of the shape - they're not really... Hand grip shaped. And the analogue sticks aren't concave, so I find myself having to adjust my thumbs as they slide off. 

Mouse and keyboard aside, I'd have to go with the original Xbox controller: just the right shape/size for hands, buttons in all the right places, natural feeling triggers, concave sticks - perfect c:

The SNES controller is where it's at. Possibly my first controller, definitely the first I remember using. Most comfortable controller I've ever held, has just the right amount of buttons, and unless abused it will last you forever. I've held one of these in my hands for many hours in my life, and will probably hold one for many more.

Tied for my favorite is the Wii Classic Controller Pro. It takes everything I love about the SNES controller and builds upon it, adding additional shoulder buttons, dual sticks, and grips.. Bought it specifically to play Xenoblade Chronicles, and now I use it for other games as well. Comfortable in my hands, light (but not too light) and aesthetically pleasing, I just wish there was a way to hook it up to my PC.

The worst controllers, however, are those ones. You know, the off-brand ones that look fancy at first with cheaply-glued junk like grips on them, that never quite sit right in your hands. The ones your parents get cheap so a second person can play, and the first player has an advantage while the second player loses most of the time with their crappy controller with one stick too loose, one stick too tight, a button that sticks, a button you have to mash hard to make it work, you know the one. With paint that looks nice for five minutes then paints your hands and looks ugly, and is always greasy despite the fact you never eat while using it.

• Brohoof 2

Keyboard and mouse.  Otherwise, if we're talking gamepad only... the old XBOX-S controller, hands down... I'd give my vote to the 360 controller, but the digital pad is a bit too useless.

I honestly cannot stand Dualshock controllers and find them to be exceptionally uncomfortable. The analog stick layout drives me batty, and the entire thing just has an uncomfortable shape in my eyes. Similarly, I've never really been a huge fan of anything that Nintendo has provided.