Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Your Favorite Controller

Boop

For me it's the 360 Controller S. I find it to be the most comfortable controller I have used so far. More specifically, the chrome red controller s. It's a thing of beauty.

2166704-7039002565_397b35919a_o.jpg

I will always be nostalgic toward the NES controller, and I don't mind the Playstation controllers. At least not anymore because I got use to them.

The PlayStation Dualshock controllers have to be my favorite. I did enjoy the classic Nintendo and Sega controllers back when I was little. Anytime I've had an Xbox controller in my hands, it's just felt really weird. 

I could never get used to the Dualshock controllers, the analog sticks just don't feel right, so I guess the Xbox or Gamecube controllers are my faves. ^-^ I do like the Wiimotes too, don't know why. But if we're including handhelds, it's got to be the Vita. img-1369822-1-UNZJLhS.png Best controller I've ever used, that. :D

Edited by Vexxy

I love this controller. Most people prefer the second gen Saturn controller to this one, but I personally prefer the bigger grips on this one. Mind you, I'm a pianist so naturally I have rather large hands, which makes the advantage more pronounced.

img-1420019-1-Sega-Saturn-Controller-Mod

Edited by Paspie

The Gamecube controller and Dualshock for me. The Gamecube controller fit really comfortably in my hands with all of the buttons in the right places while the Dualshock has the best analogs and d-pad

• Brohoof 2

I really love the SNES controller. It's shaped to fit perfectly into your hands, and the buttons are placed perfectly. There's 4 buttons all right next to each other, and you can press one with the bottom of your thumb while holding another with the top of your thumb.

My favorite would be the dualshock 2. Dualshock 3 is also on the top of my list (since it's practically the same) but the L2 and R2 sometimes getting pressed when I set the controller down, bugs me a bit. 

The one controller that bothers me the most is the xbox controller. That thing was just waaaayyyy too big and that made it uncomfortable. 

Gotta go old school for this one.

snes-controller.jpg

The SNES controller had enough buttons to make things interesting...but few enough to keep it simple. Never after this controller has any other felt more natural to me. Though if I had to choose between PS, XBox, Game Cube and Wii controllers, Game Cube's was by far the most comfortable for me.

Edited by Lowline
  • Brohoof 2

For comfort and game handling: Xbox 360 controller.

For nostalgia: SNES controller.

I prefer the Xbox one to any because it fits into any size hand and looks pretty also. While the SNES is just an old classic and I grew up with if.

(edited)

A keyboard and mouse are for typing and clicking, not exactly a game controller, just saying... please don't kill me

Anyway, I'm not embarrased to say my favorite game controller is the Wii remote. I mean sure, there's the casual pick up and play motion controls that everyone knows about, but there's so much more to it- hold it sideways and it's basically an NES pad. The infared pointer let's you play shooters with pinpoint precision, among other things. Connect a nunchuck for analog control. Connect a Classic Controller for standardized control(not to mention godly long battery life since connecting it usually turns off the motion sensor for most games). I thought Motionplus worked pretty great too for the few games that used it(Skyward Sword bow controls my god). You can't deny the versatility the thing is capable of, I personally think it's brilliant. :wub:

super-smash-bros-brawl-20070608012346025

I agree about the Gamecube controller as well.

Edited by SBB64
  • Brohoof 3

For me, it's a tie between the Xbox 360 controller and the Nintendo Gamecube controller.  These are just the most comfortable to hold in my opinion, and they have the best button layouts.  They both have the control sticks closest to your thumbs, and the d-pad is just out of the way because it really isn't used that much anymore.  It's also easier to reach the letter buttons, especially on the Gamecube, with the A button being surrounded by the B, X, and Y buttons.  I also think the Xbox 360 has the best control sticks, because they cup in and I find it easier to keep my thumbs on them.

I am most familiar with PS2 controller for main console systems.  I have a Gamecube and the controller seemed a bit bulky for my hands when I was younger.  I am familiar with almost every Gameboy system (own them all except the 3DS, because I recently bought my own DSi before the 3DS came out and playing my friend's 3DS gives me headaches).  I have to say in the Gameboy category, the Gameboy SP is my favorite since the small, simple design, makes it not confusing, easy to transport and just overall simple.  Don't fix what ain't broke....

I like the Nintendo 64 controller mainly because of how unique it looks. I thought it was smart to alternate between positions of your left hand to use the D-pad and the control stick. Unfortunately, I don't think I have ever played a N64 game that even used the D-pad.

For comfort, the GameCube controller wins, no doubt.

But my all-time favourite would have to be the SNES controller. Not too many buttons, and not too little. I really enjoy how games looked on the SNES, and the controller seemed like the exact perfect thing for playing these kinds of fun, simple-style games.

(edited)

Dualshock 2 master race.

Also M+K, i have spent my whole life using them, also because you have tons of advantage in any game with them.

Edited by The Milkman

I like the Dualshock 3 the most, i know the xbox controller is supposed to be more comfortable but i just prefer the dualshock because it is smaller and i like the layout more.

For me, it's a tie between the Xbox 360 controller and the Nintendo Gamecube controller. These are just the most comfortable to hold in my opinion, and they have the best button layouts. They both have the control sticks closest to your thumbs, and the d-pad is just out of the way because it really isn't used that much anymore. It's also easier to reach the letter buttons, especially on the Gamecube, with the A button being surrounded by the B, X, and Y buttons. I also think the Xbox 360 has the best control sticks, because they cup in and I find it easier to keep my thumbs on them.

Although I've never owned a GameCube (but i have one to play wii games) I have to agree. I've played a lot of Goldeneye on the Wii and normally me, my brother and 2 of our family friends would normally go round each others houses to play Goldeneye. Each time competing to have the 3 GameCube remotes we have between us.

As with the Xbox controller, it's been very well ergonomically designed and although I've never really played a PS3, I have played a PS2 for most of my childhood and there's nothing wrong with it. Just not much good to say as its just the double diamond layout used on the PS1.

I've been getting into games on it only recently but I do find that I have had to look down at the XYAB buttons to see which is which. Overall both great to use.

• 6 months later...

My favorite controller is the gamecube controller. Back in the day, it impressed me because of how unique it looked and how easy to use it was. It still impresses me to this very day. I liked how the A button was the largest one with the B, X, and Y buttons being small but conveniently placed around the A button. It made pressing the other buttons as easy as moving my thumb. The control stick and C stick were also easy to use. Just had to move my other thumb. My index fingers handled the Z and shoulder buttons. So, my hands were always busy and my fingers had their own assigned buttons to press or sticks to move. In general, I found the controller to be convenient and not a cluster of nonsense. 

Edited by Flipturn
  • Brohoof 1

My favorite video game controller is probably the Playstation 2 controller because, it was the first controller I played most of my classic games with. So, the weird nostalgia.

• Brohoof 1

I like Sony's dualshock controllers in general. They have a pretty comfortable shape to them and all that basic stuff. Most importantly, though, is they had (and have) by far the best directional pad compared to Nintendo's and Microsoft's controllers. I played (and still play) fighting games on pad so this is particularly important to me.

• Brohoof 1

My favorite controller is the gamecube controller. Back in the day, it impressed me because of how unique it looked and how easy to use it was. It still impresses me to this very day. I liked how the A button was the largest one with the B, X, and Y buttons being small but conveniently placed around the A button. It made pressing the other buttons as easy as moving my thumb. The control stick and C stick were also easy to use. Just had to move my other thumb. My index fingers handled the Z and shoulder buttons. So, my hands were always busy and my fingers had their own assigned buttons to press or sticks to move. In general, I found the controller to be convenient and not a cluster of nonsense. 

Hi there; just letting you know that your thread "Favorite video game controller" has been merged with another one on the same subject that already exists.

Please use our search feature to check for existing threads in the future smile.png

Edited by Flipturn
  • Brohoof 1

In terms of retro stuff and overall really, I have to pick the SNES controller. It is easily one of the best ever made in terms of console controllers. I played the SNES so much when I was younger that there was no way I couldn't pick it. In terms of modern stuff....Probably Playstation. I like the 360 controller, but sometimes I will click in the analog sticks if I press upwards too fast and the D-pad is BLEH.

Easily the Xbox one Original and the Xbox 360 Controller. I've played on PS2 and PS3 before and I honestly hated them....but the PS4 controller looks promising. I Like the bigness and ergonomics of the 360 controller, as well as the weight/heft of it. It makes me feel like I"m actually holding something,where as PS3 it  was too light for my liking. I also like the offset analog sticks of the Xbox controller over the way the Dual Shock's controller has it's analog sticks.