Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do I mention someone in a post?

Hypn0ticD
Go to solution Solved by King,

I just got a notification that I have been mentioned in a recent post. I wanted know how to mention someone so they can be notified.

I also hope that I posted this question in the right area!

To mention someone like this @@Hypn0ticD

Type the following @ (<- not really neccesary but helps)  open bracket ( [ )member='NameHere' *close bracket ( ] )* Make sure to use the apostrophe's before and after the name.

Hope this helps :)

• Brohoof 2

@@Hypn0ticD,

Basically, you can highlight a little portion of one of their posts, keep your mouse near the highlighted section, then a bubble will come up saying "Quote, Mention, X." If you want to mention the person, just click the 'Mention' button. 

I just got a notification that I have been mentioned in a recent post. I wanted know how to mention someone so they can be notified.

If you want to quote a certain section of the post, highlight what you want to quote, then hit the quote button. And finally, the X button just closes the bubble. I hope that helps!

(edited)

I'll tell you the two ways for which I have done it... the first is to simply highlight a piece of someone's test and a little box will appear with "Quote" "Mention" and an X will appear, click mention and it will place that users name in your post as a proper "mention".

The second is to input it manually which is: @ [ member=LeJAKoJAK' ]  (With no spaces )

Like this: @@LeJAKoJAK

With that answered Im locking this thread up ^_^

Have a good day :)

Edited by Dawn♥Rider
  • Brohoof 4