Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If a human entered Equestria, would nature morph them into a pony

TheMarkz0ne

Let's say you entered Equestria. You feel light headed. You are about to throw up. You feel your body getting ready to fall apart. Your heart and mind are racing. You actually transform into a pony/unicorn/pegasus because nature doesn't recognize human beings. So you turn into a pony. 

Doubt it. It could happen, but why would it? There is no reason for a human to be morphed into a pony. There's nothing in-universe that says nature cannot recognize a certain form, even if MLP nature is radically different than our nature. 

Assuming it were true, however, I wouldn't mind becoming a pony. It would allow me to fit in far more easily. Ponies would probably react to a human as they did with Zecora, only worse. Imagine a tall hairless ape walking into town, wearing clothes, trying to ask for directions. There would be panic. If I were a pony, others wouldn't pay me any mind, except perhaps notice somepony new (and completely lost), if I ended up in a small town like Ponyville. I'd try to get some help finding my bearings and adjusting to Equestria. I would then proceed to find the Mane 6 and make love to Twilight try to get some help. 

As for being a pony, that would take some getting used to. It would feel extremely weird at first. I'd probably have difficulty adjusting to four limbs for locomotion, for example. If I were a pegasus or a unicorn, I'd also have to adjust to wings or a horn. There might even be an identity crisis, as I'm now completely different except for my mind (and even that could be altered). I might have to get used to how nature works there, the existence of magic, the cartoony appearances, and the like. Their society would also be radically different; culture shock would be guaranteed. I would also have to find a profession so I can get by on my own, as well as find my special talent for a cutie mark. It would be pretty great after a while, though biggrin.png

• Brohoof 5

Let's say you entered Equestria. You feel light headed. You are about to throw up. You feel your body getting ready to fall apart. Your heart and mind are racing. You actually transform into a pony/unicorn/pegasus because nature doesn't recognize human beings. So you turn into a pony. 

How would you ever know what would happen?  This is speculation at its most unknowable.

If a MLP pony was brought to earth, said pony would not change into a human (except in fanfics...).  However, Equestria has the whole dimension of magic.  So...who knows?

Of course, we can't get to Equestria in the first place, so until we get enough funding to build the portal, we should worry about other matters :)

That's difficult to determine considering that the idea of humans doesn't exist in Equestria (to our knowledge) and it wouldn't be possible to go there. However, I don't see why or how a human could become "forced" into becoming a pony. Why not a butterfly or a bird? But since magic there is complex it could be possible. 

Considering that I would think that it would be much more plausible that you would not be able to enter Equestria as a human. Our personalities and our souls are what define us, our bodies are just bodies. It would make sense to me that our souls would be transported from our human bodies into a pony body that reflected our personalities as soon as we crossed from our world to Equestria. 

I doubt there'd be any physical change, brought on by the world itself. As seen in the show, there is certainly a variety of creatures, not restricted to an equine species.
Just because there was no mention of a human race, does not mean that there is no human race(or any other undefined race) already residing in the world. On top of that, there is nothing to say that the world itself has the magical properties capable of transforming somebody into another creature. Much like the idea of extraterrestrials, there is no reason to think the world would force a physical change, solely on their entering of this world.

Why would it?  It's not like only ponies could exist in Equestria, or ponies are the only ones with sentience.  I mean, we also have talking dragons, talking zebras, talking buffalo... so why wouldn't humans also be able to, well, "not be ponies" on arrival in Equestria?

I think if a human entered Equestria they would more than likely keep their original forms. I wouldn't think they would be morphed into anything but if they were I dont't think it would be limited to only the equine species. They have a wide variety of wild life there like Dragons, Timber Wolves, Diamond Dogs and so on.

The closest we've seen to a human in the show is Iron Will the monster minotaur, so if there was any morphing to take place, the human would probably end up as a minotaur (path of least resistance and all.)

And that would be:

post-2257-0-36344200-1367240218_thumb.jpg

If you wanna score, be a minotaur!

Edited by Full Spectrum
  • Brohoof 1

I guess it would depend on how you managed to get into Equestria. You could manage there get through physical means like through passageway between the two universes, therefore you would still be human and look like as you do know I suppose.

However somehow your consciousness could be transferred over, where you would be placed into a body in order to house it. In which case you could actually be put into any sentient being but I guess you'd be put into a body body, or at least form one based on your human appearance/personality.

Just random speculation, I haven't got the foggiest how it would work.

Nah, I doubt it. I mean why would we?

The odds of us turning into dragons would probably be higher, concidering they have fingers(ish) and walk on two legs.

I would then proceed to find the Mane 6 and make love to Twilight try to get some help. 

There, I fixed it for you ;)

• Brohoof 1

I like to think that humans would keep their form.We have a very complex body and many variables to account for.I wouldn't be surprised if it was possible to be killed during the transformation process.

I'm actually more curious as to what would happen if a human with synthetic limbs was transformed into a pony,assuming that one would transform into a pony in the first place.Would the magic simply just replace all the organic material and people would keep severed limbs?Or would the magic be be complex enough to accommodate for prosthetics and replace them with fully functional organs?What if you had a pacemaker or something?What about cyborgs and such?Lots and lots of implications and questions there.

There's an interesting theory that's presented in one of the many Doctor Whooves spinoffs (specifically, the Ask Discord Whooves blog), which is that humans can't actually exist in that universe, so upon entering it the body is forced to change.  Since the Doctor is a time lord, he sort of regenerates into pony form (I think...), but the human's bodies can't take the stress and are turned into irreparable piles of gore. blink.png  It's kind of a dark way of approaching this question though...