Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Adventure to Atlantis

Miss Light Diamond

OOC

It was a bright sunny day. There wasn't a cloud in the sky and the ocean was flat calm as a massive ship slowly sailed across its waters...but one thing you may notice about this ship was the lack of ponies on the deck.

On the deck everything was calm...but below deck thousands of ponies were busy preparing to launch the Defender, the biggest submarine ever built by pony kind.

Most of these ponies were crew members aboard the ship but there were a few who would be on board the sub...one of which being a tall blue mare standing near the front of the sub, ordering ponies around for the launch. "The park the digger in Gate 1 along with the rest of the trucks. YOU, STOP LOADING LUGGAGE THROUGH THE PONY ENTRANCE. Sheesh. Deep Sea, there you are." She said, as a tall black unicorn approached. "everything on the bridge is going as planned ?" "Yes miss Ocean, we are ready to leave when you give the order." He said, giving Ocean a big smile. "Good good. I am going to give the call to the crew to begin boarding." She said, trotting over to what looked to be an office near the corner of the massive launching station below the ship.

She picked up a small radio and pushed a few buttons before speaking.

"Attention. All crew members coming aboard the Defender, we will be leaving in an hour, I suggest you board now if you have not done so already." *Click*

((Alright. Your first post should be about leaving your room on the ship, boarding the Defender. And finding your room before going up to the bridge to see the launch of the submarine. Check my post in the OOC topic to see who your roommate is.))

• Brohoof 3

Nightfall looked up at the speaker as he heard an announcement.

"Right," he muttered, and picked up his several bags with magic and his own back. He trotted as best he could to the submarine. It seemed like a mini maze, but he soon found his room, and on the outside were the names listed.

"So I get Short Fuse for a room mate. He better not be as his name is."

He chuckled as he walked into the room.

• Brohoof 1

Lost Knowledge heard the announcement and quickly grabbed his bags and left his room on the ship. Heading down to the submarine, he found his room and dropped off his things, not taking the time to check who his roommate was, before heading onto the bridge in preparation for the launch. He couldn't believe this day had finally come. He'd never been this excited about an expedition before. There was a whole world out there for him to discover, and he was going to make the most of this opportunity.

• Brohoof 1

((I probably should have put this in the mane post...but Meh. And Ocean now has her own private cabin. Lemming Giant is paired with Machayver))

Ocean finished everything she needed to do in the small office before walking out into the submarine hangar.
She trotted on board with a few other crew members but instead of going to her room, she went straight to the bridge...she had already unpacked.

She trotted up to the bridge and looked out the massive dome window at the busy ponies outside...most of which were preparing the submarine for launch.

She grinned and grabbed herself a cup of tea before sitting down on a chair by the corner of the room.

The sudden voice over the speakers grabbed Frostbite's attention a little more than she would have liked. She awoke from her nap rather suddenly and shot a glare at the speakers, as if she was willing them to silence. Of course, that didn't happen and she decided it was time to get moving. Grabbing her pack and slinging it over her back, she trotted off towards The Defender with a reluctant sigh. 

After what felt like hours of walking and getting lost, she eventually found her room down a seemingly empty corridor. Raising her hoof to the handle, she noticed the name of a second pony below hers "Ugh...it's bad enough being on this boat and having to look out for these ponies, but now I have to share with them too?" she grumbled and pushed the door open with her head, not paying attention to the room and then slumping over the first bed she saw. 

• Brohoof 1

Arcanes ears perked up when he heard the voice coming through the speakers. 'Oh great... and i'm in the middle of this' he thought. He flung the rubber snake he was holding in his magical grip across the room. He grabbed his luggage with his magic and started to head for the submarine. He passed a few of the ships crew along the way.

It didn't take long for Arcane to find his room. He had looked at the diaphragm for the submarine previously to plan out things that might happen in an emergency and know where everything was.

He walked into his room and didn't bother to see who he might be sharing a room with, it wouldn't make a difference to him.

He unpacked everything to the appropriate places and laid down on his cot (or whatever they would be sleeping on).

"Don't worry, you will be back to your home to continue research in no time. Kind of strange they allowed me to come aboard as a supposed 'doctor'. Good thing i had been learning about required medical before joining" he thought out loud to himself.

A blue pony in her room was sleeping, peacefully you could say.
But soon an announcement came from the loudspeaker just outside her room. Once it was over, all you could hear was a THUMP, and then a slight groan from inside.

Moon Wave was always tired every morning from staying up at night to watch the moon rise and set. Today she knew that she had to get up much earlier then 4pm, so she tried her best to go to bed a little earlier.
Of course, her being dazed by the moon and all, that didnt exactly happen as planned.

In a short minute though, she managed to get up and make her bed head a little more 'normal' to the other ponies around her. And right after that, she managed to pack all her things (which all it was was a portrait of her with parents and some snacks) and set off to go to her cabin in the sub

More time had passed and she eventually ended up in her room with 2 beds inside. All in all Moon was very thankful since she accidently entered 6 other rooms that wasnt hers.
But, she was happy enough that there was at least a bed there, so without thinking another thought, she dropped her bag on the floor and flew onto her bed.

Edited by 1_0_4_3268764 0 OK 0

Senior Master Sargeant Lemming Giant took a deep breath, extending his chest as he strutted into the floodlight bay between hard-working engineers ponies hauling trollies and heavy machinery across the textured metal floor.

Uniform wrinkle-free? Check.

Everything he was taking with him in the pack? Heavy weaponry, light weaponry, standard rations, and distrust of both airport and private contract baggage-handlers present and intact. Check.

Beret straightened. Giant blew a puff of air through his grey mane, tilting up the faded corner of his old hat. Check.

Time to go, then! Giant stepped forward confidently towards the impressive submarine. It really was a piece of work, after all; he had some serious misgivings about taking orders from an egghead, and had informed one miss Ocean Wind of as much beforehand. But duty was duty, business was business, and if the Guard was standing behind this expedition, than Giant was hauling under it, misgivings or no.

At the gap between the floor of the ship and the submarine, Giant quite suddenly paused in his noble hauling and stood with buckled knees locked in place at the sight of six inches of water separating the Defender from its research vessel.

It was a giant Discord-hoofing tube that was going to take him underwater.

Giant closed his eyes and tried to think dry thoughts.

((So much for studying.))

Cascade leapt out of the water like a dolphin, from where she had been examining the seaweeds and fish therein growing beside the pier. The fish that lived therein were delightful, if not somewhat malnourished. She shook herself off, like a wet dog might, then picked up her bags which laid nearby and trotted her way onto the Defender.

Where usually, she would be hiding her misshapen wings out of embarrassment, she allowed them to show, and they almost literally shone in good cheer. There was no point hiding them if she was going to have to be so close to the water for this entire trip. However, they did seem to cling, sodden, to her sides, as if she was still somewhat conscious of ponies staring at them, or at least, had convinced herself that they would, and would sneer.

She found a room directory, and noticed that she was paired up with a pony named Lost Knowledge. She wondered what her roommate was like momentarily before casting her out of mind and going to find the room. She'd meet Lost soon anyways. 

The room wasn't large, and it looked more steampunk than anything else, and was made of some sort of coppery material with lots of piping running from under the ceiling, much like the rest of the ship. Cascade figured the usual methods of power wouldn't be quite as effective underwater. As such, she couldn't imagine that this was to be the coziest of trips. Not that comfort was something she had signed up for. She sat at the desk and began to scribble notes on the coastal fish she had just been examining. 

(If my description of the ship displeases you I can edit it.))

Edited by Glaceon

The crackling sound of the intercom had awoken this light colored stallion, as he groaned out in pure annoyance. Another day, another miserable day... Oh yeah. We're departing today. Thanks, intercom. All right, let's check it out.

Short Fuse had trudged out of his room, trotting onto the Defender, and looking about.

"The interior looks exceptional... I just wonder the hell is the dang torpedoes and such. Oh, well... Captain should get me informed about that. Now... Wait a sec. "Room assignments"? I gotta stay with someone?"

He checked out the room directory, seeing that he was placed with a pony named Nightfall...

"Nightfall? Hm. Might as well go see who he is...", he muttered, having the same irritated look on his face.

• Brohoof 1

Star Keeper awoke to the sound of blaring speakers, having fallen a sleep at his desk yet again during the day. He hadn't gotten a proper nights rest in ages, all his time spent preparing and rereading along with more rereading. There was no end to the amount of research this required and yet so little was known about the destination itself. He swept the scrolls and tomes into his satchel and made his way off the ship, be that at a slow pace. It wasn't exactly going to leave without him, would it?

The submarine wasn't too hard to find, be it a giant bloody great submarine, and boarding prove easier than expected. Wandering down the cabins it took him some time to find his own, and when he did a horrible realization struck him like a bolt. "I have a...   roommate?!" This couldn't go well, it never did. Star trotted into the room, completely missing the other occupant who was unpacking is belongings and set about simply dumping his stuff on the desk and sprawling himself out on the bed. He needed some fresh air, it might be a good idea to head up top for a while until departure. There was something about being trapped in a pressurized tube thousands of feet bellow sea level that made him slightly irksome.

(OOC: Sorry, I got busy with an essay. I'll go ahead and make my introductory post now, shall I?)

Paradox heard the announcement and put the pillow over his face, groaning into it. Why did he ever agree to go on something this silly? Atlantis was just a myth, an old pony's tale to teach fillies and colts to never stop believing in things. Well, it seemed like it was a simple enough thing. Go on the ship and submarine, cook for other ponies, have them realize Atlantis doesn't exist, everypony goes home. At least it got him away from all the teasing that he had back at home. It wasn't easy being half black and half white.

He decided that it was time to go ahead and get a move on, so he threw the pillow and blanket to the floor and got up. He gathered all of his things and carried them in his magic as he exited the room and headed down the hallway to the sub. A few flights of stairs down, and he finally had his first glimpse of the thing. It was... Impressive, to say in the least. He headed to the entrance of the sub, nodding to the guards stationed by it, and went through. He wandered the corridors a little bit until he found a door with his name next to it. Right underneath was another name, "Moon Wave," and he sighed. "Great, now I'll have to sleep in the same room as some other stallion who sounds like he stays up all night." He said, expecting to be bunking with another stallion. He pushed the door open and was extremely surprised to see a mare laying on one of the beds in the room. He poked his head out of the door to look at the nameplate and, seeing his name on it, shrugged and went to the mare. "Um, hello, are you... Moon Wave?" He asked.

(OOC: Biggest RP entry I have EVER done.)

MacHayver trudged up to the Defender. He didn't mind the submarine. He could usr an adventure. Everything should be fine fir him. Heck, any normal day, he'd be happy, no, excited, right now.

But he was not.

He remembered getting the response letter about joining the crew.

Protector? He thought. Protector? Why the hay am I protector? I mean, sure, my job is to protect ponies and keep them safe, but why not engineer? I want to see this 'Nightfall' guy's qualifications. I mean, I have a bucking swiss army knife on my flank! What more do they need?

So, therefore, MacHayver stomped angrily up to the sub.

He noticed a frightened-looking pony staring at the sub. "What are you looking at?" He asked curiously. "If you're part of the mission, I sugjest you come in; the captain told us too. And if you're not, then get lost."

He didn' t wait for response, and procedded to his room to unpack and change into uniform. He got on his jacket with pockets for various items, but he really only needed one. Hr pulled it out, his beauty, pride and joy, his precious.

His very own, extra large, engraved-with-his-name Swiss army knife.

Just staring at it brought him a moment of pure joy. He tucked it away into what felt like the most convinent pocket of his jacket, and then patted it with his hoof.

His moment of joy ended when he grabbed his badge.

MacHayver; Protector it read.

Should say engineer, he thought. He relunctantly pinned the badge on his jacket and slumped down on his bed.

(I believe that's my longest rp post ever. And the piny he talked to earlier was Sarge.)

@@Alex Kennedy,

Ocean kept twirling around in her chair, quite obviously bored...occasionally glancing up to see who had arrived at the bridge...so far it was just the captain and a few crew members...and one other pony who seemed a little out of place.

She stopped spinning the chair. "Good morning Lost. I trust you found your room okay ? I really wish everypony else would get here..." She said, thinking back to the bio about Lost and the rest of the list of ponies who would be on the expedition...

(edited)

@@Count Paradox

Moon had fallen asleep again a few minutes after she went back to bed, but was suddenly awake again by the sound of a door opening and another pony coming in.

Mnnn.. nnn...!!

Noticing her flank was in the air toward Paradox's face, she quickly corrected that by stretching forward and getting up out of bed to face eachother. She was quite embarrased by that odd pose, but if that's what gets her up, then that's what gets her up.

Her first reaction toward the other pony was curious, since she didnt know that he was her roommate. But with some tired eyes and a bedhead again, she answered.

"Moon.. Ahh yes yes, Im Moon Wave.. But I ask, who are you..?

Edited by 1_0_4_3268764 0 OK 0

@,

Lost nodded. "Yeah... yeah, I'm really excited and anxious to get going. An opportunity like this doesn't come along very often. This whole thing seems like a dream come true. We can learn so much on this journey, find things that ponies thought couldn't exist. It's the kind of thing I live for." 

Lila tugged at the cargo she carried with her to the ship. The protecter so it was called. It was going to leave in an hour. It took her a while but he eventually made it to her room. She was surprised to see another was already in the room. Lila didn't say anything but tugged at her luggage to her side of the room.

@@Windy Scamper

It took half an hour for Sarge to actually get onto the submarine, plus a little less-than-dignified-help from some passing ponies with rolling carpets and electrib tubing down the sub bay. Not exactly how the Sargeant had envisioned beginning his next great campaign.

Ever think you might be getting too old for this? asked a little pony in his head. The pony had the face and voice of his old commanding officer from way back in the golden years.

With all due respect, Sarge told his officer silently, go sit on your horn and spin. I'm not THAT old.

The desert had been much easier though.

Sarge found his barracks quickly, throwing his bags in the nearest shelf while giving whatever colt was in the opposite bed a cursory nod without really looking at them. All usual accomodations as far as he was concerned; just like being back in the Guard, scrubbing floors and waiting for griffon tourists to disturb the peace so they'd have something to do. It calmed him, actually. It felt like getting back to the days before promotions ruined his weapon-assembly time. And the fact that it wasn't a room with windows didn't hurt, either. The sub was so big Sarge couldn't even feel the rocking he'd expected he would. Interesting. He should have talked more with those Navy seaponies on drinking nights...luckily he still had a couple of the old naval combat manuals to peruse in case he needed to brush up.

@@Umbreon,

Nightfall looked out of his room and decided that he would go to the bridge of the Defender in a few moments. He went back in and lied down on the bunk he had picked out: the top bunk. He sighed, then heard the door open. He turned and saw a blue stallion with redish hair and... a broken horn?

"Hey."

He moved his head again so he was staring at the ceiling.

"You Short Fuse?" 

(edited)

@@Alex Kennedy,

Ocean nodded. "Yeah, It's pretty exciting." She said.

Just a few moments later the submarine and ship's intercom's turned on with a small click. "Launch in thirty minutes, we expect all the expedition members at the bridge before launch." *Click*

Ocean smiled. "This is going to be fun." She said, standing up and walking over to the balcony facing the large dome.

Atlantis10.jpg
OOC: This is kinda what the Bridge looks like...there's more too if of course, but this is what I mean by balcony 

Edited by ~Flame Dancer~

(Wow...I need to remember how often people post in these things before I get left behind.)

@@Marathon

Frostbite was still slumped over the bed when the sound of the door opening caught her attention - immediately she jumped up and spun around facing the door with her horn at the ready. Seeing the mare was obviously a part of the crew she sighed and flopped back down again. "So...I assume you're the one i've been accommodated with?" she asked with a hint of annoyance in her voice.

(edited)

Arcane heard the intercom and mumbled a few incoherent words. He pulled himself off his bed and started to head for the bridge.

"Better have a good reason for needing to be on the bridge. Not like it requires us all to turn a key at the same time to initiate launch... They better not" he said to himself

After a small walk he was at the bridge, a few ponies already there. The whole submarine was pretty amazing, but not as amazing as this. Arcane would probably spend quite a bit of time here, looking around the ocean. He couldn't wait for launch now.

"Wow. If this isn't the bridge, i don't know what is."

Edited by The Original PWD

(Wow...I need to remember how often people post in these things before I get left behind.)

@@Marathon,

Frostbite was still slumped over the bed when the sound of the door opening caught her attention - immediately she jumped up and spun around facing the door with her horn at the ready. Seeing the mare was obviously a part of the crew she sighed and flopped back down again. "So...I assume you're the one i've been accommodated with?" she asked with a hint of annoyance in her voice.

Lila faced the mare in the room with her. "You don't sound too happy about it." She replied in a monotone. Lila simply shooved her bags in a corner and that it good enough. "So, you going to get lunch or are you going to sulk in here all day?" Lila inquired as she began to trot out the door.

@@Umbreon,

Nightfall looked out of his room and decided that he would go to the bridge of the Defender in a few moments. He went back in and lied down on the bunk he had picked out: the top bunk. He sighed, then heard the door open. He turned and saw a blue stallion with redish hair and... a broken horn?

"Hey."

He moved his head again so he was staring at the ceiling.

"You Short Fuse?"

Once Short Fuse had gotten inside his room, he was already greeted by somepony else in the room.

"Yep, that's me. Simple guessing would say you're Nightfall. I guess it's all right to meet you.", he replied, showing no emotion inside his tone. He walked towards his bunk, seeing that Nightfall had taken the top bunk. Good. He hates the top bunk...

"So, Nightfall. I'll warn you. I don't get sentimental, I don't get happy or any kind of that crazy crap. I'm serious about everything I do. Got it? And as long as you don't get on my bad side, got it?"

• Brohoof 1

((I do believe everyone is on the sub...sooooooo))

*Click*"This is the countdown from twenty minutes, the mane doors will be closing."*Click*

Ocean couldn't help but smile as there were a few muffled noises coming from the hanger around them. The large submarine doors all closed and the ponies outside the sub began preparing for the launch...most of the ponies just left the hangar, their jobs were done.