Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Adventure to Atlantis

Miss Light Diamond

Paradox had ended up falling asleep, but woke up to the sound of gunfire. He quickly opened his tent and saw the creepy metal critters. "What the hell?!" He looked around as two of them turned to him and started to advance. He shot out a blast of energy from his horn, but it just dented it. "Dammit..." He looked for an escape route and ran to the left, towards the trucks. He jumped inside and slammed the doot shut. He caught his breath and looked around, becoming a bit startled to see Feather in the seat.

(OOC: sadly this'll be my last post tonight, possibly until tomorrow afternoon - I have an exam. *sigh*)

"Unf?" Feather had almost made it back to sleep, and now she blinked groggily at Paradox. Confusion flashed across her muzzle, but before she could ask any questions something pounded against the passenger window of the truck. Feather yelped at the sight of the giant centipede, instinctively grabbing hold of Paradox. She immediately let go, embarrassed.

Feather was about to fire at the metal monster, when she remembered with a groan that she had taken her battle saddle off. She would have to rely on Dox's magic, it seemed.

(edited)

@ @@Steel Accord

In the midst of the turn, she noticed Steel starting to fend off the centipedes which also changed the attention onto him instead of Ocean. It was a quick sigh of relief for Moon, but she didn't notice one of them had launched at her in mid air.

Barely being able to dodge it, it messed up her flight pattern from the wind being pushed around. Quickly landing on the walls then bouncing off again to go for another run.

At that time, she noticed the bigger centipede being fought by Steel. A courageous pony he was, risking the life of himself to protect others. It was one of the things that reminded about her brother. Always caring and willing to go to the limit of him..

But Moon eventually shook her head around and focused on the present, or what was happening to all of them if they didn't escape in time.

She quickly realized after turning around that the centipede that made a lunge at Moon had turned around and went for Steel. But she was too far away to help at that time, so instead she called out while turning around to make another attempt for Ocean.

"HEY! You got one of those things behind you!!"

Edited by Funny Snout
  • Brohoof 1

((Hokai...a few things. I would like to be the one to control the things you guys fight...it makes it a little easier for me to know who is where and fighting what. And...sorry if I missed something, today has been kinda crazy.))

@,

Ocean looked back to see one of the monsters about to chomp down on her. Her horn glowed and water from the lake came flying over and, pierced right through the centipede.

Iron Hoof awoke to Ocean's call of help, and without a second though, he grabbed his gun and jumped from his tent. He fired his gun three times, and all three bullets seemed to hit their targets.

After shooting another centipede in the head the rest ran off into the darkness. Iron Hoof wiped the sweat from his brow before he turned to look at the rest of the crew. Luckily, no pony was hurt. "Alright...we're lea-" He was cut off by...a strange rumbling...and more slithering.
He turned around to see...hundreds, if not thousands of the monsters coming towards them. Some on the roof of the cave, others on the walls. His eyes widened and he growled before looking at the crew. "RUN." He yelled, shoving as many things into the back of a nearby truck as he could before running to another truck to help load.

The rest of the crew scrambled and shoved things into the trucks before climbing in and driving towards an opening in the cave.

Ocean felt so panicked as ponies charged passed her to get to the trucks, a few ponies near the edge of the camp were already overtaken by the hoard of Centipedes. She grabbed onto Steel's hoof and pulled him towards the nearest truck.

As Ocean took off, he soared directly over her.

((I don't really know what you mean by this...but it looks like you meant Ocean took off...literally she ran...which would be considered godmodding. Try not to do that.))

• Brohoof 1

Dox was about to shoot off a blast from his horn when the centipied at the door slithered away. He went to the door and peered out. Indeed, the thing seemed to be leaving. He opened the door and slowly stepped out of the vehicle. He almost cheered until he saw hundreds more running to the camp, with everypony running to the trucks. He hopped back in with the driver and sat next to Feather as they drove to the opening.

(edited)

@@Count Paradox @@Ano170

Just before swooping down to pick up Ocean she saw the centipedes starting to fall back. Reluctantly Moon gave sigh of relief and started to land next to the other blue pony.

But the moment her hoof touched was when the whole ground rumbled. Then more centipedes came, which left her nearly speechless.

Of course, being nearly speechless caused her to be frozen for a second, not realizing that everypony had already piled into the trucks and started off into an opening of the cave.

Back into reality though she quickly took flight again and landed on the roof of the truck Paradox and Feather were in, with a slight thud following from above.

Edited by Funny Snout

@@Count Paradox,@,

Feather was waking up quickly, but she was still somewhat disorientated. While Paradox fired magic at the centipede construct, Feather reached down and grabbed the battlesaddle from the floor, then began pulling it on while Paradox left the truck and another crew member - a green buck with a brown mane - entered and turned on the ignition. 

"What's going on?" Feather asked as the truck rumbled into life, jumping up to peer out the window. "Holy..." she breathed at the sight of hundreds more of the giant centipedes, erupting from the floor and scuttling towards the camp, swarming the ponies. Frantically now, Feather turned, standing on the seat, and began adjusting the battlesaddle's harness straps as best she could, though it was still slightly too big. There was a thump, which made Feather jump slightly - Paradox was back. Feather strapped herself into one of the seats, Paradox sitting next to her and the driver on the other side, as the truck began to move.

There was another thump, this time from the roof - it didn't sound like a giant metal centipede; it sounded more like a pony...

Feather undid her belt, leaned over Paradox and opened the door, flying out. "I'll see what's up." she told the black and white stallion - and the driver she supposed - feeling driven to take action for herself after the events of her strange nightmare earlier. "Don't worry," she grinned, lying through her teeth. "I know what I'm doing."

Feather slammed the door closed and swooped up to hover over the roof of the truck, battlesaddle ready to fire. Her eyes widened at the sight of a blue pegasus standing on top of the truck, looking rather magnificently fierce against the grand background of the giant cave and swarming metal monsters.

Stop that, Feather chided herself. Now's not the time to be gawking at anypony - besides, what about Dox?

Ugh, right. Feather shook her head, frustrated. "Hey, Moon!" she called, landing on the roof next to the other pegasus. She fired at one of the nearest centipedes, missing by a few centimeters. "Having fun truck surfing?" 

"Well, time to leave!" Frostbite remarked as she jumped onto the back of the truck she was hiding behind, firing off what looked to be a small barrage of icicles down the tunnel, they wouldn't do anything against the sheer numbers they centipedes had, but she was already charging and figured she may as well shoot. 

(OOC: I have no idea whose truck i'm in...so...if somepony wants to just claim me in the back of their truck then that's fine by me. If not, i'll just be sat with some randomer :P )

He was a bit shocked by the thud on the roof, and even more stunned when Feather flew up to investigate it. "No, wai-" But she had already disappeared to the roof. He sighed and slumped back in his seat until another thud from the back of the truck made him jump. "Oh, what now?!" He shouted. He flunf the flap to the back of the truck open, expecting a metal monster, but instead was greeted by Frostbite's face.

• Brohoof 1

(I'm going to post again...because why not? - Also, I never saw Flame say anything about robots...)

@@Count Paradox,

Pulling herself up, she found herself face to face with Paradox, albeit through the glass of the truck, but still. Immediately remembering the situation she was in earlier with him, she immediately blushed a little and pulled of a coy smile with a little wave. "Hi" she mouthed through the window. 

Dox's cheeks immediately flushed. He waved back and mouthed 'hello.' He opened the window and crawled through it, getting to the back of the truck where Frost was. "Uh... Hey there..." He grinned sheepishly and sat across from her. "You feeling better?" He looked up at her.

@@Count Paradox

Looking at the centipedes behind them, she sighed and rubbed her head, wiping off the now drying blood with her hoof. "Pretty much, can't really complain after everything I guess." She leaned to the side, resting her head on the window as she spoke. "How about you? How's the whole 'accidentally freezing you in the lake' going for you?" she laughed and gestured dismissively with her other hoof. 

"Well, I can't complain. Still have my legs, so I'm good." He said with a chuckle. He looked out of the window, too, watching as the centepiedes scaled the walls behind them. He looked back at Frostbite and said, "Hey, uh, was there any specific reason that you... kissed me back there?"

(edited)

@@Ano170 @@Count Paradox @

(( OOC- This will be my last post for me. Its 11:59 and the hiatus starts soon. ))

She instantly recognized that voice, and gave a grin. It already indicated an answer right there, but Moon still replied while facing Feather. "As much fun as you think I could have.. Heh."

Lots and lots of centipedes were everywhere. Some behind, some near and some chasing others. It seemed almost like a dance, but with death included.

"There's not much time for chatting. Turn round and shoot your bullets. Aim slightly below the head, since the recoil may bring you up."

Then quickly calling out to Paradox and Frostbite from behind.

"Both of you, duck~"

Edited by Funny Snout

(edited)

@@Count Paradox

"Namely?" She grinned, still leaning against the window "I thought it'd be fun to wind up that mare you where with."

Hearing Moon tell them to duck, she looked back at her a little confused..."but we're lower than you are..." she replied as she looked at the flatbed part of the truck, then back up at Moon. "Anyway Paradox, you did help me out back there, I think you earned it. Maybe a little more." She ended her statement with a wink and a giggle, obviously having too much fun teasing the poor stallion. 

Edited by Creeping Dusk

Paradox's face lit up like a beacon and he scooted a little bit away from Frostbite. "Uh, n-no, I don't deserve any more..." He looked back out of the window, hiding his blushing face from the mare beside him. Why did she have to be such a tease? He glanced back at her, then out of the window again.

@@Count Paradox,

"Why not now? Something wrong?" She giggled. pulling herself off the window as Paradox backed away, she leaned forward slightly, putting one hoof out to keep her balance, and the other just shy of Paradox's own hoof. "You know I could ask you why you did help me, if you didn't want anything for it, right?" she smiled, then giggled again as she tilted her head to get a look at Paradox from a different angle.

(So we're still posting till tomorrow, yeah?...That's...if anyone else actually still wants to post...)

(sure, we can keep posting, i guess.)

Dox scooted even farther away, nervous to be anywhere near this mare. "I helped because it was the right thing to do! I mean, anypony else could have done it, but I was already right there, so... I never did it for anything in return..." He shied away from her hoof.

Letting out a snort, followed by what was probably the girliest laugh she had ever done, she pulled herself back and sat back against the side of the truck again, still looking at Paradox "Relax, you're fine" she giggled again, having had her fun and seeing his reaction, she figured it was time to end the ruse. "I'm foaling around, don't think too much into it, are you always this nervous?" She gestured with her hoof in a "come back" motion "Come on, sit down, I wont bite, promise." 

"But no, to answer your question properly...consider it a token of appreciation. I don't just go around kissing random stallions you know. Besides...they're not my type." 

He sighed and relaxed. "Yes, I'm usually nervous around mares... Who are, uh... Cute. And doubly so if they act like they wanna kiss me...." He slowly walked back and sat next to her this time, smiling nervously. "Heh heh, really? Then, uh, w-what is your type, if I might ask?"