Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Adventure to Atlantis

Miss Light Diamond

@@Windy Scamper,

Ocean was about to reply to Nightfall, but Cascade beat her too it.
She sighed and turned to Machayver. "We may speak now...what is on your mind, Machayver ?" She asked, picking up her bag with her magic and walking away from the group so her and Machayver could speak.

Meanwhile...outside the sub. There was a loud sound...almost like a wale. A crew member listening to the ocean around them frowned and started messing around with buttons and nobs...but it didn't happen again. He just shrugged it off, muttering something about a pod of wales.

• Brohoof 2

Cascade chuckled. She supposed that was true enough. What was she thinking, that her name was finally starting to get spread... It was a filly's dream, not hers. "Well..." She said again, allowing herself to drift away, much as she had when she had first engaged the Captain in conversation. She still didn't buy the whole 'Atlantis' thing, but she'd always wanted to go to the Seafloor regardless... So that was fine.

She noticed Nightfall standing in the crowd as well, as he had shoved his way forward. She should have figured out that he would be there as well. After all, he had said on departing that he was going to look for the captain. She supposed that her confusion at his presence came from Ocean's totally non-captain-like aura.

Cascade piped up. "Even if it isn't there," her tone pretty much confirmed that it wouldn't be, "We'll still be traveling somewhere nopony has ever gone in person. I don't think there's ever been an expedition to the bottom of the ocean. Much like the Amblezon Jungle and the Arctic Tundra in that respect."

"So we'd be simple explorers."

He chuckled lightly.

"I'm afraid that would be a major disappointment for others who think it exists, and lemme tell ya, I ain't one of them. If it exists, well then buck me, but if it doesn't, and it pretty much won't, then I guess mission bust. But I'm afraid my question still hasn't been answered: what are we to do if Atlantis somehow does exist?"

@@Glaceon,

@@Ano170,

Ocean nodded. "Yes. And I know your name because I was the one who hired you." She said, turning to the other mare. "I would prefer to keep this in my own hooves. Its quite delicate and if I were to lose any pages it would make this whole expedition much more difficult. I'm sorry." She said, placing the book back into her bag along with a few other items.

(OOC: I'll also be out for the night, so...)@@Ano170,  When Giant could keep his ears pricked open, he had to agree with the second security officer. Chasing several millions bits after a children's story confirmed by a dusty old book was not something the old CO would have signed off for any ops whatever.But because the windows were still un-tinted, his ears were instead plastered closely to his head most of the time. Better that they didn't find anything exciting, he figured. With the way they were prepared. As the meeting looked ready to dispersed, Giant realized he'd been left by the white pegasus and that he'd have to force himself up on his own hooves if he wanted to get out of here before they turned out the lights. How to go about this, then? Giant didn't let his eyes open as he got slowly to his feet. Now, if you have to open them, just don't look left, and don't look right. You can handle all your fears with a little planning. Now scoot to the left...The catwalk was over forty trots long, however, and Giant was sure he wouldn't make it all the way to the bridge doors on his own. Behind those doors was dry safety, but--as he peeked just a little--it seemed excessively far away. Keeping his eyes from opening too far, he shuffled to the side, seeking some help to get off the bridge. The nearest voice sounded like it belonged to a mare."...really, so um...yeah." Giant gritted his teeth. "Excuse me,"  he mumbled quietly. "Could somepony be an honorary earth pony and help me get off this Luna-forsaken jungle gym?"

(OOC: Just a quick post during a free period. )

Feather sighed, her ears flattening a little at Ocean's reply. Still, what else had she expected? Of course such a book would be considered too valuable to be passed around crew members all willy nilly.

Instead, Feather turned to the stallion who had asked for help.

"Uh, sure. I'll help you. "

@@Ano170

"Lovely. Just....walk straight forward." 

Giant surrendered a forehoof to the other pony to he could be guided off the bridge. Just like a doddering old gentleman, ugh. But he sure as hoof wasn't going to open his eyes again; he knew perfectly well how that went.

Once the bay doors had passed by, he opened his eyes again. Saw nothing but dry submarine. Heaved an immense sigh of releif.

Never again. Not for any reason was he going onto that bloody bridge ever, ever again.

Reclaiming his faculties, he turned to have a look at the pony who had helped him. It was a bright purple pegasus, wearing a somewhat outlandish red hat. Giant blinked a couple times at the strikingly rare color, and noticed Defender Crewmember pins on the pony. Good to know.

"Sr. Mstr. Sgt. William Giant," he said for the second or third time that day. "I'm much obliged. Glad to have sailors around for problems I can't solve with a Glock," he joked.

Then, as they were a few feet down the hall, turned to her again. "By the way, you don't happen to know our fearless leader personally, by any chance, do you? I did manage to hear a little bit of that breifing. What do you think of this whole 'lost city' thing? Is she a genius or just..." Giant twirled a hoof around one twitching ear by way of finishing his sentence.

(edited)

A while later of hearing the small group chat, she decided to walk away for a bit and stare at the ocean a little more. But that didn't last too long.

Her stomach growled a bit as she put her arm toward it. Mabye a nice meal would help her get rid of that sound that was stuck in her head.

So with that thought made in her mind, she flew away from the group and went downstairs to the Mess Hall.

Edited by 1_0_4_3268764 0 OK 0

@@Marathon,

Frostbite was still busy fiddling around with her mane, tossing it back and forth, straightening it with her hooves and tugging it apart, eventually she flung it all back and sighed - defeated by her own hair. She gave a disapproving, almost skeptical look at the captain before looking back over at Lila. "Well I dont know about you, but i've heard just about enough of this fairy tale for a while. Time to grab some grub, I think - you coming?" she asked in a flat tone while turning and taking a step to the door, obviously not quite taken with the whole plan.

(Sorry, was really busy yesterday.)

Lila nodded and began to follow Frostbite. Everything that she was told was a lot to take in. She didn't think they'd have so much information. Lila found herself getting progressively bored and decided to strike up conversation. "So what other types of magic can you do?"

• Brohoof 1

Dox pulled the garlic toast out of the oven and set to work cutting it into even chunks. When he got that finished, he took the noodles that were drained and put them in a big bowl. He gathered all of the things; The bread, the sauce, and the noodles. He walked out of the kitchen and placed them neatly on the table. He went back, got some plates and cutlery, and set those out too. He then went to the little intercom and pressed a button. "Everypony, lunch is served in the mess hall."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@@Count Paradox

Moon had just crossed the door to the line o food, so it was fairly quick of her to turn around and walk through the doors first.

When she got up in line, she noticed that her roommate was cooking the food, and man did she think that the food smelled delicious.

"This lunch looks marvelous~" She replied back to Paradox. "I honestly cant wait to taste it!"

Edited by 1_0_4_3268764 0 OK 0

@,

Paradox smiled and rubbed the back of his head. "Heh, thanks, I've never thought my cooking was great. Really, all I've ever made was cereal. I'm kinda suprised I didn't destroy something in the process of me making this." He hoofed her a plate. "So, how much do you want?"

"Come to think, id want a good bit of all~" She replied. "I remembered I skipped breakfast today, and normally im not this hungry unless I do so. Honestly for me skipping breakfast isn't much of a worry though, since I eat dinner at around 4 in the morning."

Once she had gotten everything she wanted on her plate, she walked off but turned around to give a wink at Paradox.

"Come to think, id want a good bit of all~" She replied. "I remembered I skipped breakfast today, and normally im not this hungry unless I do so. Honestly for me skipping breakfast isn't much of a worry though, since I eat dinner at around 4 in the morning."

Once she had gotten everything she wanted on her plate, she walked off but turned around to give a wink at Paradox.

Dox blushed and quickly looked away to the next person in line, filling up plates for random ponies. After a while, his stomach started to growl, and he decided it was his turn to get something. He grabbed a plate and put a little bit of everything on it, then headed to the tables to find a spot to sit in. He scanned them, looking for any place to sit.

(gonna be gone for a bit, gotta drive home.)

@@Ano170

"Lovely. Just....walk straight forward." 

Giant surrendered a forehoof to the other pony to he could be guided off the bridge. Just like a doddering old gentleman, ugh. But he sure as hoof wasn't going to open his eyes again; he knew perfectly well how that went.

Once the bay doors had passed by, he opened his eyes again. Saw nothing but dry submarine. Heaved an immense sigh of releif.

Never again. Not for any reason was he going onto that bloody bridge ever, ever again.

Reclaiming his faculties, he turned to have a look at the pony who had helped him. It was a bright purple pegasus, wearing a somewhat outlandish red hat. Giant blinked a couple times at the strikingly rare color, and noticed Defender Crewmember pins on the pony. Good to know.

"Sr. Mstr. Sgt. William Giant," he said for the second or third time that day. "I'm much obliged. Glad to have sailors around for problems I can't solve with a Glock," he joked.

Then, as they were a few feet down the hall, turned to her again. "By the way, you don't happen to know our fearless leader personally, by any chance, do you? I did manage to hear a little bit of that breifing. What do you think of this whole 'lost city' thing? Is she a genius or just..." Giant twirled a hoof around one twitching ear by way of finishing his sentence.

(OOC: So apparently Feather would be an Able Seapony, as opposed to a private - mind you, it would be like her to get the terms mixed up, and I've already taken some artistic license given how long her training lasted (a month roughly in my head canon, since she made a split decision to join the sub looking for adventure rather than a real navy career) so I hope it won't matter much to the roleplay).

"What, crazy?" Feather chuckled. "Aren't all geniuses a little crazy?" Feather smiled at the tall, greying turquoise stallion and shook her head. "I've only been a member of this crew for a week or so, and in that time I'll admit I've barely spoken to Captain Ocean, but she seems sane enough to me. Just a dreamer is all."

"Besides," Feather continued. "Is the possibility of Atlantis' existence really so outlandish?" She hesitated, hoping she wasn't sounding crazy herself. "I mean, sure, the story has no doubt become embellished to the point of being more myth than fact - I'm not so sure about the "advanced technology" theory for instance, and I'd like a better look at Captain Ocean's book to find out the story behind it, not that I expect I'll get a chance - but the ruins of a drowned city? That doesn't seem so impossible to me..."

It occurred to Feather that she was rambling, and without having even introduced herself to the older pony. Smiling rather sheepishly, she held out a hoof to him. "I'm Seapony Feather Quill, by the way. It's eh, nice to meet you, Sargent Giant."

"Everypony, lunch is served in the mess hall."

Much to her chagrin, Feather's stomach rumbled loudly as she remembered that she still hadn't had breakfast - well, lunch to everypony else.

@@Ano170

So it turns out he was on a submarine-full of eggheads. Oh well. Not the end of the world, unless they started talking to each other too much.

When Giant heard her stomach rumble in response to the intercom, he chuckled, then had an idea. Taking out a quick notepad and holding it against the wall with his hoof, he scribbled out a message and hoofed it to the sea-pony.

"If you're going to the mess hall," he asked, "could you drop this off by the port control booth? Right off the main hallway to the right when you're coming in by the vending machines, just on your way to lunch. I want the PA to call my other two security ponies together for a status check."

• Brohoof 1

@@Marathon

Looking a little sheepish at the question in her usual skeptical way, Frostbite gave it a bit of thought as they walked for some time. "Not...much" she hesitated "I mean...i've practiced elemental control over ice for so long now..." she looked around the corridor and saw a toolbox on the floor not too far away.

Tilting her head forward and pointing her horn at the box, she focused her energy on a levitate spell as a demonstration. Even her magic emitted a frosty white glow that intensified the more she focused on it. Eventually she gave up and let out her breath in a few short pants, then flung her mane back again with a frustrated grunt and a scowl. "Didn't think so. I've been practicing that particular field of magic for so long, I dont even remember how to cast any other kind of spell" she looked a little sad for a moment, before shaking it off and continuing to walk forwards. 

"How about you? You know a little about me, and I still know nothing about you." 

You're losing your mind Frostbite...you where supposed to be attempting to get along with these ponies, not start taking an interest in their lives - not to mention spilling personal information to the first nopony who asks! She silently cursed herself after answering and asking her question. 

@@Dawn Stripes@@Count Paradox,

Carefully, Feather took the note in her muzzle, nodding to Giant. "Shurr fing!" She mumbled around the paper.  

Turning her back on the Sergeant, Feather trotted away down the corridor. When she reached the vending machines she paused for a moment, then took a left. It wasn't until she reached a door that opened onto the flight of stairs that lead to the engine room that Feather realised she had gone the wrong way.

How long have you been on this tin can again? she mentally chided herself. Now reaching her definition of "starving", Feather took to the air despite the tight confines of the corridor, deciding lunch was more important than trying not to clip her wings and waking up with them cramped in the morning.

Feather found the vending machines again, and this time took the right turn, coming out at the port control booth. She dropped off   Sergeant Giant's note and left in a hurry, finally reaching the mess hall. Finding nopony serving behind the counter, Feather helped herself to a large bowl of noodles with a slice of garlic bread on the side, loaded the food on a tray and picked it up in her mouth.

For a moment, Feather simply stood there, staring around at the mess hall with uncertainty as she realised she didn't really know anypony there. She shuffled her hooves in discomfort, not wanting to have to sit alone but unsure how to go about joining another table.

This feels like highschool. Feather growled a little. She'd been trying to get away from highschool when she signed up to join the sub crew.

Then, to her immense relief, Feather noticed another pony who seemed to be in a similar predicament. At first Feather had thought he was white with a black mane and tail, but as she approached and was able to see him at a better angle Feather realised his coat was half black and half white, as were his mane and tail.

Now that is cool, she thought to herself, dipping her head as far as she could without spilling her food in a friendly nod.

(edited)

@

@@Windy Scamper,

Sgt. Lemming sat back on his haunches in the 'Navigation Room', listening for words over the crackle of a fake fireplace. In reality, the chamber was more of a throwback to tradition and comfort, an old-fashioned refuge for the captain and guests--the proprly upholstered seats, wood paneling, and maps with more historical than nautical value wouldn't have been out of place on Equestria's first real ocean liners, classic passenger dreadnaughts like the Titanic or the Steamboat Willie.

A high-pitched peal of scratches interrupted his thoughts. "Ponies MacHayver and Artic Combustion please report to the Navigation room immediately for a security debriffing."

There we go. Had to remember to thank that Feather Quill filly. Giant felt himself with an unusual sense of jitters; he wasn't used to being the one waiting for other soldiers to answer his summons. It was felt...not as empowering as he imagined. Was this what his old CO always felt like just before he chewed out a platoon? Worried and hopeful over finding out just what kind of ponies he was entrusting his life to?

(OOC: Wow, what timing...he's interrupting lunch. What a troll)

Edited by Dawn Stripes

Fuse had saw everyone went off to the mess hall, him following, but not receiving anything. He wasn't exactly hungry, so he had just grabbed a water bottle and sat down at the end of one table. To him, this trip to the bottom seemed very enlightening to him... A giant squid...

@Ano170

Dox was looking around when he was suprised to see another mare walking up to him. He politely nodded back and said, "Here, let me take that for you..." Taking it in his magic and levitating it out of her mouth. "There, that better?" He gave her a small smile and said, "I take it you're looking for a table too, huh?"

@@Umbreon

Star Keeper was last to the Mess Hall, again. Despite all his attempts to keep track of his surrounding he always found himself in the situation of being completely and utterly lost. This time it seems though he got lucky. After taking a couple of items he reached yet another dilemma  where the hell should he sit. Oh this is College all over again. Alight, just sit with somepony who's separated from the others. if that fails sit by yourself.

About now he noticed an odd looking stallion with a rather explosive cutie mark (pun intended). His coat was a faded grey and his amne a rusty orange. What the hay, let's see how it goes. Star Keeper took his food and sat down next to the stallion much to both their surprise it seemed, neither sharing words until Star decided to speak up. "H-  um,  sor-    " He took the chance to clear his throat. "H-hi." Nailed it.

@@Count Paradox

Feather smiled gratefully at the other pony when he took her tray. "Thanks - you know sometimes I think I should've been born a unicorn, especially now there's rumours going around you can just magic yourselves wings whenever you like..."

Feather's own wings twitched slightly at the thought; while it was true that having magic would make her life much more convenient, she would never be able to give up flying.

"Actually," she told the stallion. "I am looking for a table." Feather surveyed the rows of occupied seats, before glancing back nervously at the pony. "Ah, I don't suppose I could maybe sit with you, if you find a table...." Feather looked away, clearing her throat awkwardly.

Why did she find this so difficult?  

(edited)

"Sure, you can if you want." He looked around again. "I was probably just going to sit with my roommate over there anyways." He begins to walk over to her. "So, can I ask what your name is?" He looks at her while they walk to Moon's table. "Or would it be 'classified info' to the rest of us?" He chuckled at his little joke.

Edited by Count Paradox

(edited)

@@@Count Paradox,

Feather smiled at the black and white stallion, glad the awkward moment was over. "I'm Feather Quill," she told him.

Following the other pony, Feather saw that his roommate was a light blue pegasus mare, her mane covering her eyes in a rather cute way. Feather sat down on the bench opposite the other mare, and smiled brightly at her. "Ah, hello."

Edited by An0

@@Umbreon,

Star Keeper was last to the Mess Hall, again. Despite all his attempts to keep track of his surrounding he always found himself in the situation of being completely and utterly lost. This time it seems though he got lucky. After taking a couple of items he reached yet another dilemma where the hell should he sit. Oh this is College all over again. Alight, just sit with somepony who's separated from the others. if that fails sit by yourself.

About now he noticed an odd looking stallion with a rather explosive cutie mark (pun intended). His coat was a faded grey and his amne a rusty orange. What the hay, let's see how it goes. Star Keeper took his food and sat down next to the stallion much to both their surprise it seemed, neither sharing words until Star decided to speak up. "H- um, sor- " He took the chance to clear his throat. "H-hi." Nailed it.

((Sorry about the wait, I had tryouts today.))

Fuse's ear had picked up to some pony stuttering before him. He turned, seeing... A rather familiar pony. Where had he seen him before?

"Hello... You look familiar by a tremendous amount... Have we met somewhere by any chance?"

"So we'd be simple explorers."

He chuckled lightly.

"I'm afraid that would be a major disappointment for others who think it exists, and lemme tell ya, I ain't one of them. If it exists, well then buck me, but if it doesn't, and it pretty much won't, then I guess mission bust. But I'm afraid my question still hasn't been answered: what are we to do if Atlantis somehow does exist?"

Cascade shrugged. "I guess we'll find out when and if we find the place what we do there." She flicked her tail lazily towards the colt, and turned to walk to lunch. Why was Nightfall even humoring the possibility? Nothing was going to be there. It simply wasn't possible for there to be something at the bottom of the ocean.

• Brohoof 1

@ @@Count Paradox

(( OOC- as I said before this will be my last post this week ))

She laughed a bit at that joke and replied back. "Pssh, don't worry about anything of me being classified. Though I do know one pony that would rarely tell me anything.."

But aside from that, she saw another mare sit down on the opposite side of her.

"Hello~ And my name's Moon Wave. You could probably guess what my name would mean fairly easily just from looking at my cutie mark."