Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's your favorite line from a song

TheMarkz0ne

(edited)

May the best pet win is my third favorite song.. But god I love these lines 

"Can't settle for less cause I'm the best. So a contest we will see. Who's the number one greatest perfectest pet in the world for me"

Edited by TheMarkz0ne

System of a Down - Toxicity: "More wood for the fires, loud neighbours, flashlight riveries caught in the headlights of a truck."

I love how it's sung by Serji Tankian.

Mine would have to be from This Day Aria. 

"No, I do not love the groom. In my heart there is no room, but I still want him to be all mine!"

It's mostly favorite because of how the line is delivered in the song (you can feel the emotion in the voice). And it characterizes Chrysalis wonderfully.

(edited)

I love Pinkie Pie's smile song and my favorite line would be: 

"It's true, some days are dark and lonely and maybe you feel sad but Pinkie will be there to show you that it isn't so bad"

Edited by NightOwl
  • Brohoof 1

"My destiny is not pretty... but it's what my cutie mark is tellin' me!" I loved it!

Aaaaand "Croup, dock, haunch, shoulders hip." was the first time I was pleasantly surprised they knew a bit about equines

(edited)

Mine's has to be the final song in the season 3's episode of the crystal kingdom.

"All those doubts that you can dismiss Trust yourself and you cannot miss"   

That part gets me every time!

Edited by DXSilverX

MLP wise: "my destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is tellin' me" love AJ's line :3

Any song: well it's really hard to choose... I have sooo many... S I'm gonna say the one I'm into right now, which is "around the corner there's a big train comin' by Michelle Branch/Rhiwa's song Good Love. You've probably never heard of it but.. Yeah, it'll probably change next week!

Probably this one from Smile.

"It's true, some days are dark and lonely and maybe you feel sad but Pinkie will be there to show you that it isn't so bad"

System of a Down - Toxicity: "More wood for the fires, loud neighbours, flashlight riveries caught in the headlights of a truck."

I love how it's sung by Serji Tankian.

>Did not read that it's in show discussion section.

Outside of My Little Pony, "Who Do You Voodoo, BITCH?!?!"

MLP related: the whole Bad Seed song.

Filler sentences: Watermelon. Apples. Oranges

There's a line in SoGreatandPowerful's "On My Own" where Applejack sings "Nothing's easy, nothing's too hard..." I love that line, it always brings a certain joy and comfort to my heart. *cough* sappy *cough*

(edited)

For an MLP related line, I have to go with this one from Art of the Dress. I love how all of the mane 6 have a part in it. I'm not sure why, but I always remember it so well:

All we ever want is indecision

All we really like is what we know

Gotta balance style and adherence

Making sure we make a good appearance

Even if you simply have to fudge it

Make sure that it stays within our budget

Got to overcome intimidation; remember it's all in the presentation!

Edited by PowerStar89

"You blocked me on Facebook, and now you're going to die!" - Internet Friends, Knife Party

"No matter what I try I cannot fix this busted water shoot." - What My Cutie Mark is Telling Me, Pinkie Pie

Outside of MLP: 

Well, I really like these two lines in the song Strawberry Swing by Coldplay

People moving all the time inside a perfect straight lineDon't you wanna curve away?
The sky could be blue, I don't mindWithout you it's a waste of time

This line from The Scientist, also by Coldplay

Questions of science, science and progressDo not speak as loud as my heart

Also, these two lines from the song Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol:

Would you lie with meAnd just forget the world?

Let's waste timeChasing carsAround our heads

From MLP: 

This line from Winter Wrap UP. The harmony between Fluttershy and Rarity's voices is perfect.

We welcome back the Southern birds

Rarity and Fluttershy: So their families can grow!

• Brohoof 2

does it have to be ponies?? 

"Oh, the wedding we won't make He'll end up marrying a fake Shining Armor will be…"

mostly because the singing is AMAZING 

Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd

The entire song has awesome lyrics. "So you think tell, Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain, can you green green field....."

I'm Still Here by John Rzeznik

"As long as I know who I am!" This lyric hits me really deep

Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol

"Show me a garden that's bursting into life." This is usually the line that really gets a emotional response out of me from this song. 

Disarm by Smashing Pumpkins

"Leave you like they left me here to wither in denial. Bitterness of one who's left alone." Yeah, pretty deep stuff.

• Brohoof 1

There are a lot of lines in songs that I cannot name one favorite. Some of my favorite are:

"Well Jesus Christ I'm not afraid to die, a little scared of what comes after" - Brand New : Jesus Christ

"Birds go flying at the speed of sound to show you how it all began" - Coldplay : Speed of Sound

"There's nothing to lose, my notebook will explain, There's nothing to gain, and I can't fight the pain" - Billy Talent : Nothing to Lose

"Sometimes love isn't about how much someone suits you, but how much you're willing to change to suit them" - Alexisonfire : Rough Hands

"Sever the nerve this is the world of silence, Battle the void all alone" - Finch : World of Violence

Of course there are a lot not mentionned here. As for the show's music, I will only mention this:
"I won't partake in any cake" - Chrysalis : This Day Aria

That's when she went from bad to super-vilain. Who dareth not eat any cake at a wedding?

• Brohoof 1

"You may have my number, and you can take my name, but you'll never have my heart." -Adele, 'Skyfall'

I absolutely love that song, I listen to it once everyday. Adele's voice is absolutely beautiful! 

~Lui

• Brohoof 1

"It's true some days are dark and lonely, and maybe you feel sad, but pinkie will be there to show you that it isn't that bad."

So much meaning from just one little line.

And, contributes greatly to the reason why i love Pinkie, she's not just a happy-go-lucky character, she understands that sometimes not everyone can be happy, and she does her best to make them feel better.

Behold, the most selfless and cutest pony ^-^