Banner by ~ The Wife of Douma

first digital art... opinions, please?

Yep, this is supposed to be Trixie, not very obvious, I know...

The first time I drew something on my tablet, so show some mercy sad.png ,

just kidding...

criticism is very welcome

(it´s just a sketch of about 20 minutes, and it´s all a bit rough, yep)

post-5761-0-80497300-1367419407_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 15

Ur art is bad n u shuld fel--

Wait. I sense best pony! It's great. :D

On a more serious note: it's very good. I would suggest making her neck a bit wider, unless of choose you were trying to do anthro. Otherwise: it's very good. ^^

• Brohoof 2

Um, besides the extremely scrawny neck its really good for a first time..kinda looks scanned, but that may be my screen.

What brush setting did you use?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Ur art is bad n u shuld fel--

Wait. I sense best pony! It's great. biggrin.png

On a more serious note: it's very good. I would suggest making her neck a bit wider, unless of choose you were trying to do anthro. Otherwise: it's very good. ^^

thx, and yes, the neck was planned to be wider, I completely derped up on the size of the head... there was meant to be her shoulders and hat as well, but didn´t fit xD

Dashie, thx you, and I don´t really know... I just used paint tool SAI for the first time, just went with pencil and airbrush, and a few different shades of grey to black...

Edited by Friendship_Cannon

(edited)

That Drawing looks really great.You should continue making them.Hopefully you'll start adding color to them.Otherwise,Excellent job.

Edited by Steel Crescent
  • Brohoof 1

That Drawing looks really great.You should continue making them.Hopefully you'll start adding color to them.Otherwise,Excellent job.

yep, coloring will be the next bigger step, for I didn´t even do this when I was mainly drawing by hand I´ll have to see... meh, but thanks a lot!

yep, coloring will be the next bigger step, for I didn´t even do this when I was mainly drawing by hand I´ll have to see... meh, but thanks a lot!

Thanks.I can't wait until you make some more pony pictures.I'll be sure to keep my eye's peeled on the forums for those pictures. 

Besides the neck, this is really good, especially for your first try.  What program and brush were you using?  My first digital drawing sucked. :P

• Brohoof 1

Besides the neck, this is really good, especially for your first try.  What program and brush were you using?  

Oh, thanks, the problem is, the neck ain´t that thin, it´s just the mane that covers a big part of it... (I should really work on this).

I used paint tool SAI (and a wacom tablet) for this, the pencil, airbrush for the main part and the color bucket for the eyes xD.

My first digital drawing sucked. tongue.png

hard to believe that while looking at your avatar (OC?), I mean, I didn´t even color it...

Oh, thanks, the problem is, the neck ain´t that thin, it´s just the mane that covers a big part of it... (I should really work on this).

I used paint tool SAI (and a wacom tablet) for this, the pencil, airbrush for the main part and the color bucket for the eyes xD.

hard to believe that while looking at your avatar (OC?), I mean, I didn´t even color it...

Ohh, so did you use a light grey to get that pencil color?  I can never seem to get that color when I try doing sketches.

Heh, yeah. :P  I'm a lot better now than how I used to be.

Ohh, so did you use a light grey to get that pencil color?  I can never seem to get that color when I try doing sketches.

Heh, yeah. tongue.png  I'm a lot better now than how I used to be.

Oh, I had no idea what i was doing...

I actually just selected either just black or white (or something close to that) and used the pencil I got with the tablet to get a lighter or darker tone (pressing more or less) xD.

I´ll have to practice a lot to get on a level like you and others here, I already have an idea for a bigger (drawing-)project, but that´s very rough until now, and I will probably need help with it ;D.

Oh, I had no idea what i was doing...

I actually just selected either just black or white (or something close to that) and used the pencil I got with the tablet to get a lighter or darker tone (pressing more or less) xD.

I´ll have to practice a lot to get on a level like you and others here, I already have an idea for a bigger (drawing-)project, but that´s very rough until now, and I will probably need help with it ;D.

Practice makes perfect.  I've had to practice a lot, and I'm still not as good as some of the artists I see, but I'm getting there.  But I can tell you're already really good, so just keep practicing!

• Brohoof 1

It looks pretty good to me I think, although the way its drawn makes the neck look a bit skinny. Still that could be partly due to drawing black and white.

Otherwise I'd say it's pretty good, of course learning to color good is also a nice thing to have, so hopefully your looking to that next :)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

This picture of best pony/my tubby wubby pony waifu/the Great and Powerful/Trixie Lulamoon/That one pony who wore that one amulet is great! But, the neck IS a little skinny.

Besides that, 4.9/5.

Edited by Windwaker and Babs
  • Brohoof 1