Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Rainbow Dash a "Cider-Holic"

TheMarkz0ne

I think these images pretty much explain everything 

Rainbow_Dash_and_her_cider_addiction_S2Erainbow_dash_and_all_the_cider_she_can_dit be great if we had an episode about RD being addicted to cider. I know it's amid show, but they kind of already established that cider is alcohol since fillies can' drink itmlfw4650_large.jpg

• Brohoof 6

This is the non alcoholic type of cider. They wouldn't use alcohol in a kids show. Besides, all the ponies would be drunk if it was! Look at pinkie pie! And yes, Dashie is a cider addict - but seeming as its not alcohol, cider-holic or addicted aren't quite the right words.

Can't be much more of a booze head then Berry Punch is. Although it would fit in with RD's personality if she was a bit of binge drinker. I tend not to think too much about it as she didnt even get a chance to drink in that EP (the main reason she wanted it so much).

• Brohoof 1

Rainbow Dash has a problem, and it's up to her friends to help her! But what happens when Rainbow Dash does the unthinkable and blames Applejack for her addiction, claiming it's her fault for making cider that's just too good?

Tune in next time on My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic to find out!

• Brohoof 8

If Apple Family cider is really that good than I would probably be a cider-holic too, with the way that episode went down at least half the town are cider-holics.

Only one episode was shown, and she only likes the Apple families type cider. Basically it looks like she prefers to indulge in the best kind annually, while otherwise she doesn't drink it.

I would have to say no, she just indulges every so often, like most of us do.

I don't think that cider was alcoholic, but it could be. This show has been known to make alcoholic references before, so it wouldn't really surprise me if it was.

And Rainbow Dash just likes Apple Cider. A lot. Possibly to the point of being a Cider-holic.

Well, it could turn out either way. Cider could be alcoholic, and Rainbow Dash is a hyper type of drunk, or, it's not alcoholic, and Rainbow Dash just thinks it's extremely delicious, and just so happens to show that she likes it by.. Going crazy over it, simply put.

Now what I don't understand is why Rainbow Dash likes Cider so much, but Apple Jack doesn't show so much of an interest, despite being the pony that MAKES it.

Yes, Rainbow Dash is a Cider-holic, but I'm rather sure it's the non-alcoholic variety. As long as it's not alcoholic cider, it should be fine

We all love cider but, the cider that was in the show isn't alcoholic it is mainly ''Apple Cider.'' Rainbow Dash was just basically nuts for some cider and would do anything to have a taste of cider happiness.

Dashie went simply crazy for the cider.

To quote Family Guy on this one: ''Mr.Booze.'' ''Don't mess with Mr.Booze.'' :P

I Do not think that Any of Applejacks Cider sits around long enough to be Alcoholic.   PinkyPie seems to be just as addicted.   Rainbowdash looks to be going thru withdrawl.

you don't need alcohol  to be addicted to something, haven't you people seen my strange addiction? one lady was addicted to eating couch cushion . what..... the buck. and if the cider is really really good, then... well you can do the supersymmetric quantum mechanics

she should seek help. i would suggest passages malibu

That cider episode was totally sadistic toward RD. But yeah, it seems like RD is just a huge fan of cider. Who can blame her? The Apple family cider is supposed to be really good, after all.

• 1 year later...

This is the non alcoholic type of cider. They wouldn't use alcohol in a kids show. Besides, all the ponies would be drunk if it was! Look at pinkie pie! And yes, Dashie is a cider addict - but seeming as its not alcohol, cider-holic or addicted aren't quite the right words.

actually the cider bubbles at the top and cider only bubbles if their is alcohol present

• Brohoof 1

In a word: Yes!

She's definitely an addict. Definitely. It would be so freakin funny to have an episode in which she gorges on cider so much, then Twilight comes around and is like "Rainbow, you have a problem" Then she's like "No."

Then the ponies do an intervention.

In a more serious tone:

I'm pretty sure that while you can be physically addicted to stuff like Drugs, Cigs or booze - there are people with mental, psychologically derived addictions. A friend i know in real life for instance has an addiction to certain flavors of candy. He has to eat it at least once a day - he feels horribly spent if he doesn't.

(edited)

Yeah,she's addict to cider,and it has been showed on multiple ocassions:

• The episode "The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000" showed all the time how Rainbow Dash was suffering for not being able to drink cider,even reaching a point where she would drink cider from the floor :huh:

img-1423153-3-mlfw4650_large.jpg

• On "Bats",Rainbow Dash was up to stop the bats,but not to help Applejack,if not to save the cider,as she said through the episode.The only reasion of why she helped Applejack was to get cider again.

If those aren't enought points to say that Rainbow Dash is a Ciderholic,i can't get more points,because it has been only showed on that scale on those 2 ocassions

Edited by Lightwing

Actually, I highly doubt that cider is alcoholic.

For starters it's a kid's show and if that were the case it wouldn't have the rating it does here in the U.S. or at the very least the episode would have been banned or something edited.

Secondly, Spike was shown to be enjoying a mug of cider in a picture and he's around the same age as the Cutie Mark Crusaders.

Third, it's more than likely that she greatly enjoys the cider and it was meant to drive home the products quality given that it was introduced in the first episode with Flim and Flam, plus the MAJORITY of other residents have also been shown to enjoy the cider to such an extent, so even IF what you are accusing her of is true, then most of Ponyville has the same problem.

Actually, I highly doubt that cider is alcoholic.

For starters it's a kid's show and if that were the case it wouldn't have the rating it does here in the U.S. or at the very least the episode would have been banned or something edited.

Secondly, Spike was shown to be enjoying a mug of cider in a picture and he's around the same age as the Cutie Mark Crusaders.

Third, it's more than likely that she greatly enjoys the cider and it was meant to drive home the products quality given that it was introduced in the first episode with Flim and Flam, plus the MAJORITY of other residents have also been shown to enjoy the cider to such an extent, so even IF what you are accusing her of is true, then most of Ponyville has the same problem.

That's untrue.

Ignoring whether the cider is alcoholic or not, because that really doesn't matter in this equation, Rainbow Dash clearly loves cider more than the average pony. She was willing to shovel dirt into her mouth over the cider for Pete's sake, and just look at her during Flim Flam's song:

maxresdefault.jpg

She was humping the air in anticipation for cider with her tongue hanging out like a wild animal waiting for that stuff.

As Lightwing pointed out, Rainbow Dash also helped Applejack mainly because she couldn't bear having to go without apple cider if the bats had their way.

It's clear that Rainbow Dash is addicted to the sweet, sweet taste of that Sweet Apple Acres Apple Cider, and it's clear that that only makes Rainbow Dash even awesomer.

Cheers to all her fellow cider addicts!

mlfw4802_medium.jpg

• 2 weeks later...