Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Funko Pop Topic

Jemboi

They also have a limited edition sparkly Pinkie Pie which I just got at Hot Topic. There were only like two left and one had a damaged box and the guy got the other from the back room. Apparently they can't even use their store credit on it so I figure it's something good right?

Ok this is crazy. I actually found the receipt for Bon Bon and Spitfire during one of my 3am "clean the house" spasms. this is probably to late to be of any good to anyone but here it is.

Bon Bon's SKU is 830395034645

sadly I done have one for Spitfire because she wouldn't ring so the rung her up as "random merchandise".

• Brohoof 1

I don't know how I feel about there not being a Mane 6 and a fan pony this go around, or what looks like to be the next go around too. That is what I loved about this for the first few waves. I figure in six released I'd have my Fluttershy and Applejack and some cool other ponies.

• Brohoof 1

I don't know how I feel about there not being a Mane 6 and a fan pony this go around, or what looks like to be the next go around too. That is what I loved about this for the first few waves. I figure in six released I'd have my Fluttershy and Applejack and some cool other ponies.

I know how you feel we have more background ponies than mane character ponies now. but I think they might have broken from that because these are a store specific exclusives. What i'm curious to know is when they finally get around to making Twilight will she be a unicorn or alicorn? or might we get 2 variants.

Half a bet its for a price increase when they get back to them.

Wait for it... I've seen it happen on other things (such as Halo figures) where the first releases would me a lower price, then when the rest (and more anticipated) ones come out they increase the pricing while decreasing the quality in some ways.

Or they give exclusivity to one store over another, and that store *cough*toyrus*cough* will increase it by a "couple" dollars.

I think the only non-mane 6 ponies I'm going for though tbh is Lyra (cause of a "Guinneighs" shirt i got with her name/cutie mark on it. And i'm a nut for Guinness beer :P  gonna wear that to the local Irish pub and see if anyone notices :)   I frequent it enough.. so who knows.), Derpy because.. well.. she's derpy.. 'nuff said, and Vinyl Scratch cause dammit you can't beat her when it comes to cool factor. Even Rainbow pales in comparison!

Edited by GrimCW

Oh I'll probably break down and get all them, simply cause I'm a completest when it comes to collecting. I just feel bad that Applejack and Rarity don't get as much love when it comes to merchandise that I was really looking forward to those two. 

You know what would be super awesome though? If Funko set up a build a figure kind of thing. Like sense they seem to reuse a lot of parts why not allow fan's to have a chance to make their own characters?

Hey another quick question for those of you guys who can find these in stores around you. I'm trying to get them without paying double the price. Any of you willing to help a fellow bronie out? I'll pay you a little commission for picking them up also, I don't expect you to use your time for free.

• 4 weeks later...
(edited)

wow! ok today i want from feeling like the luckiest brony ever to being the saddest brony ever in a matter of moments. i went to Toys R Us today and what do i see on the shelf, Funko Spitfire and Bon Bon!!! i snatched them up and went to the checkout. when i get there they wont scan so she calls her manager... the manager sais they cant sell them because they shoulden't be on the shelves until 9/9/13. i must have looked like this no__don__t_cry__lyra___it__s_too_sad____by_cthulhuandyou-d4gpa5r.png on the plus side she is holding them for me until they can be sold.

so i can give everyone this info. the street date is 9/9/13. n it dose say Sweet Drops on her box not Bonbon. also Spitfire looks really cool she has this very cocky expression on her face that's just perfect. n we can assume the next release will be Octavia and DJ-Pon3 together.

(i had to edit this because ether i was blinded by excitement n missed the name on the box or there are variant boxes but i was probably blinded by excitement).

I had the exact same thing happen to me. I even tried other TRU stores and got the same treatment. I was persistent and eventually did get my BonBon and Spitfire. These Funko ponies are way cool. Definitely my favorite pony merchandise to collect. :-) Edited by Spylight Twarkle
  • Brohoof 1

Guess what!  Octavia and Vinyl Scratch will have cutie marks on BOTH SIDES!!!!

So at the moment I have regular Derpy, Fluttershy, and Doctor Hooves.  I have sparkly Fluttershy and Doctor Whooves. 

• Brohoof 1

Guess what!  Octavia and Vinyl Scratch will have cutie marks on BOTH SIDES!!!!

So at the moment I have regular Derpy, Fluttershy, and Doctor Hooves.  I have sparkly Fluttershy and Doctor Whooves. 

WOOO HOOO!

love them even more now :)

Never understood why they couldn't do it before with previous releases. Its kinda odd fluttershy has hers on the opposite side of all other ponies so far!

Kinda hurts the display options at that point :P

I've never understood why ponies rarely have cutie marks on both sides. It doesn't make any sense. I'm glad Funko is correcting that. Cutie marks or not, Funko makes the best ponies by far. I love their cartoon accurate style. It's also nice that their not too expensive and the ponies are nice sized.

I've never understood why ponies rarely have cutie marks on both sides. It doesn't make any sense. I'm glad Funko is correcting that. Cutie marks or not, Funko makes the best ponies by far. I love their cartoon accurate style. It's also nice that their not too expensive and the ponies are nice sized.

Well.. moreso accurate than most anything else anyways tongue.png

Hopefully they don't "both sides" the mane on other ponies like they had done to Rainbow dash, and as many many other solid made versions have done sad.png

AJ just looks silly with twin pony tails on her head... she really does...

So far TMK Rainbow is the only one with that flaw.. but I skipped Dr. Whooves, spitfire, and Bon Bon as it is.. so dunno..

Edited by GrimCW

YAY!!! Vinyl Scratch (aka Dj Pon3) and Octavia are up for pre order on Hottopics web site. my Wallet is cursing me right now! about time I was having withdraws lol.

http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/PopCulture/TV/MyLittlePony.jsp?cm_sp=Homepage-_-IconStrip-_-MyLittlePony

lol just checked their street date is today so they should be showing up in stores now.

Edited by H.P.Lovecolt24
  • Brohoof 1

YAY!!! Vinyl Scratch (aka Dj Pon3) and Octavia are up for pre order on Hottopics web site. my Wallet is cursing me right now! about time I was having withdraws lol.

http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/PopCulture/TV/MyLittlePony.jsp?cm_sp=Homepage-_-IconStrip-_-MyLittlePony

lol just checked their street date is today so they should be showing up in stores now.

Must not... squee......

SQUEEEEEEE WOOOO HOOOOOOOO

oh celestia, did I just do that out loud.. excuse me while I go huddle in a corner and try to pretend that didn't just happen....

The more Vinyl, the better :) And i still don't have the mane six in anything yet except monopoly... In fact, completely lacking rarity and Applejack now that i think about it...

The normal vinyl ones are really adorable, but they are too costy, and looks too much like the bling-bag ones (I mean, they are REALLY show accurate, but so are blind-bag ones, aswell as other cheaper alternatives) so I'll pass on the normal vinyl ones.

I'll get a POP! one though, just one, I want to do my collection like that, I want ONE of "each" type that I want, so only one POP figure, but I'm not sure which pony I want... Dashie, Twillight, or Pinkie... Hmm.... Hard desision!

The normal vinyl ones are really adorable, but they are too costy, and looks too much like the bling-bag ones (I mean, they are REALLY show accurate, but so are blind-bag ones, aswell as other cheaper alternatives) so I'll pass on the normal vinyl ones.

I'll get a POP! one though, just one, I want to do my collection like that, I want ONE of "each" type that I want, so only one POP figure, but I'm not sure which pony I want... Dashie, Twillight, or Pinkie... Hmm.... Hard desision!

Don't take too long to decide, they're basically limited edition to some degree. Usually by the the time a new one is being released the old ones are long gone, and that only drives the price up on them.

The FP ones are solid enough to beat someone down with, and make spectacular display items on the shelf. Only down side is the occasional hiccup in quality as others have mentioned.

Normal vinyl though.. you mean the brushable things? the hollowed out rubber ones Hasbro mocks people by selling at such high prices?

Edited by GrimCW

Don't take too long to decide, they're basically limited edition to some degree. Usually by the the time a new one is being released the old ones are long gone, and that only drives the price up on them.

The FP ones are solid enough to beat someone down with, and make spectacular display items on the shelf. Only down side is the occasional hiccup in quality as others have mentioned.

Normal vinyl though.. you mean the brushable things? the hollowed out rubber ones Hasbro mocks people by selling at such high prices?

Nah, I mean the Funko ponies that aren't "POP!" - the more expensive ones that look so good. I'm going down to the capital next week, going to pick one up then, probably going to be a Pinkie Pie I think. It's my "only chance" to get some merch in a physical store, since they don't ahve any of those in my town, but I don't want to spend too much at once, and they have kind of few things to sell, but they do have the funko stuff... Atleast they got that! I can always order it online later on anyway, but I'm gonna get a POP! one when I'm there atleast.

EDIT: I read your orignal message, and you're probably right that the blind bag ones are pretty low quality, but I don't really mind that much of that. I'm probably going to get a "normal"/big Vinyl Fluttershy though when I'm in the capital aswell as the POP! pinkie, I think I'll do that...

EDIT2: Considering getting the big Dashie and Fluttershy... I kind of favorize these two ponies, but I'm not sure, maybe I would be better off with 3 POP! figures rather than 2 large vinyl figures... Hmmm...

EDIT3: Okay, I decided to get Fluttershy big vinyl, Dashie POP! and Pinkie POP! I barely had enough cash for that, but it works out! I mean, I have lots of cash on my bank, but I don't want to override this budget I have for the capital-trip. Rather small budget to be honest, but it's fine!

Edited by Flottershy

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...