Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Funko Pop Topic

Jemboi

Does anyone know a store in Canada (or even the US) where the Pinkie and Lyra vinyl figures will be coming out? I want to get one but I have no idea from where. Any places other than Hot Topic?

Are they still making the Funko POP! ones?  I can't seem to find them anywhere.  There is a store near me that literally only sells hard to find products such as POP! figures, and yet I can't seem to find them there, or anywhere else.

I don't think they're officially out yet.

Does anyone know a store in Canada (or even the US) where the Pinkie and Lyra vinyl figures will be coming out? I want to get one but I have no idea from where. Any places other than Hot Topic?

Right now it's only Hot Topic, but I know Toys R Us is slowly getting them in, F.Y.E. and Suncoast usually get them in as well.

I'm curious....why's there a $6 price difference between these two? they look Identical.

http://www.toywiz.com/funkopopderpy.html

http://www.toywiz.com/ponyderpyhottopic.html

The $10 one is a preorder.  My guess is that's actually the Funko Pop! figure as $10 is the usual price for those.

When I have the money, I'll definitely be getting Spitfire, Vinyl Scratch and/or Octavia.

these look pretty good. Though I have no Hot Topics anywhere near me. Guess I"ll have to wait for a trip to the city.

I don't think any of them except Pinkie and Lyra have release dates yet.

I already pre ordered mine! Lyra and Pinkie should be hitting shelves in mid August I think. I'm interested in how the next pairing is going to go. so far is been a main 6 pony paired with a background pony but the next 4 after Lyra n Pinkie are Dj Pon3, spitfire, Octavia, and Bonbon. I'm guessing Bonbon and spitfire will be released together and Dj Pon3 n Octavia will be released together.

I'm curious....why's there a $6 price difference between these two? they look Identical.

http://www.toywiz.com/funkopopderpy.html

http://www.toywiz.com/ponyderpyhottopic.html

ah the difference is the second wave of Derpy figures has a different paint app and design for her cutie mark so I guess the first wave derpys go for more now.

(edited)

img-1627649-1-1010310_554065334635400_18

*&^% YEAH! scratch makes the cut again! :)

can NOT wait!

love the attention shes getting lately.. special comic con editions, an official hair doll one.. she's getting to be more famous than derpy, and she's gotten so little air time its outrageous.. ANY pony else has had more air time than she has! Maybe with an exception to Octavia.. but unsure of that.

Edited by GrimCW
  • Brohoof 1

*&^% YEAH! scratch makes the cut again! :)

can NOT wait!

love the attention shes getting lately.. special comic con editions, an official hair doll one.. she's getting to be more famous than derpy, and she's gotten so little air time its outrageous.. ANY pony else has had more air time than she has! Maybe with an exception to Octavia.. but unsure of that.

Indeed.

At Comic Con it was kind of alluded to that DJ Pon3 will be involved in a song, perhaps even sing!

"Daniel: 15-20 new songs in S4. Bringing in new singers (new characters). Somebody joked “Derpy” and Daniel asked who else. People call out tons of names and he repeats a few out loud: Luna, DJ-PON3, Sapphire Shores."

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Great news! i just got the email; that my Lyra and Pinkie pie were shipped today! i should be getting them any day now and when i do i'll be sure to posts pictures.  :wub: ... i probably shouldn't be this excited but i'm finally fixing up my game room and i want more ponies to display... not that i'm building a miniature model of ponyville or anything  :ph34r:

Uber Excitement! Lyra and Pinkie just Arrived today!!!!! the in store date in Monday so i got them a couple of days early so not too bad and i got the variants i wanted ^_^. has anyone else s preorders arrive?

oh and as promised pics!post-17970-0-02385600-1376163988_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 1

wow! ok today i want from feeling like the luckiest brony ever to being the saddest brony ever in a matter of moments. i went to Toys R Us today and what do i see on the shelf, Funko Spitfire and Bon Bon!!! i snatched them up and went to the checkout. when i get there they wont scan so she calls her manager... the manager sais they cant sell them because they shoulden't be on the shelves until 9/9/13. i must have looked like this post-17970-0-07790200-1376595082_thumb.png on the plus side she is holding them for me until they can be sold.

so i can give everyone this info. the street date is 9/9/13. n it dose say Sweet Drops on her box not Bonbon. also Spitfire looks really cool she has this very cocky expression on her face that's just perfect. n we can assume the next release will be Octavia and DJ-Pon3 together.

(i had to edit this because ether i was blinded by excitement n missed the name on the box or there are variant boxes but i was probably blinded by excitement).

Edited by H.P.Lovecolt24
  • Brohoof 3

so i can give everyone this info. the street date is 9/9/13. n it dose say BonBon on her box not sweet drops. also Spitfire looks really cool she has this very cocky expression on her face that's just perfect. n we can assume the next release will be Octavia and DJ-Pon3 together.

I still HATE that name.. but I can't wait to get her! WOOOO more Vinyl for the pile! :)

Eventually i may be able to swim in a pile of Vinyl Scratch stuff :)

Oh my, im just now learning about Pinkie and Lyra. I want both! :D

I also plan to pre-order them, but I really don't want a sparkly one nor do I wanna take the chance of getting one and being stuck with it. :/

Ive no idea what to do.

Oh my, im just now learning about Pinkie and Lyra. I want both! :D

I also plan to pre-order them, but I really don't want a sparkly one nor do I wanna take the chance of getting one and being stuck with it. :/

Ive no idea what to do.

well they should be out in stores now so you can pick. i preordered and got lucky ^_^. but they should have hit stores (at least hottopic) on the 12th.

• Brohoof 1

well they should be out in stores now so you can pick. i preordered and got lucky ^_^. but they should have hit stores (at least hottopic) on the 12th.

I can confirm this, got mine at hot topic in store. They even tried to get me to get the sparkly pinkie one.. not interested.. unless its Vinyl Scratch, I'll just get the regs :P

TBH it was the excuse i used to end up at the one mall out here with build a bear so i could get the twilight and spike :)

trying to find an excuse for next week so i can go back and get Rainbow Dash.....

Edited by GrimCW

Orly? The link must have not updated or something as the page still showed it up for pre-order.

Regardless, imma blow some of my check on them now and regret it later come this weekend.

wow! ok today i want from feeling like the luckiest brony ever to being the saddest brony ever in a matter of moments. i went to Toys R Us today and what do i see on the shelf, Funko Spitfire and Bon Bon!!! i snatched them up and went to the checkout. when i get there they wont scan so she calls her manager... the manager sais they cant sell them because they shoulden't be on the shelves until 9/9/13. i must have looked like this attachicon.gifno__don__t_cry__lyra___it__s_too_sad____by_cthulhuandyou-d4gpa5r.png on the plus side she is holding them for me until they can be sold.

so i can give everyone this info. the street date is 9/9/13. n it dose say BonBon on her box not sweet drops. also Spitfire looks really cool she has this very cocky expression on her face that's just perfect. n we can assume the next release will be Octavia and DJ-Pon3 together.

Wow very cool about the super early release. Very moronic that they abide by some release date that frankly has no real standing.

I have not checked out my local stores yet but apparently you weren't the only one to run into these.

funko_spitfire_and_sweetie_drops__bon_bo

As for Pinkie and Lyra, GREAT molds having them in hand. The QC as with past releases is something that is to be desired though. I went through more than 10 of each one to pick the most decent one. I may pick up a second pinkie though, because while her window display side is quite perfect, her in-box-non-visible eye has small scratching on her pupil. Minor but her being my favorite pony I strive for excellence. As for Lyra the one I picked is great all the way around. B)

Happy hunting to all! As for advice for your selection, watch the eyes, Lyra's painted mane and tail, and Pinkie's cutie mark's balloon strings: more than half of the ones I went through had misaligned balloon strings.

That is all! ;)

Wow very cool about the super early release. Very moronic that they abide by some release date that frankly has no real standing.

I have not checked out my local stores yet but apparently you weren't the only one to run into these.

img-1753141-2-funko_spitfire_and_sweetie

See!!! but i get mine yanked from me by the Cranky  Doodle of store managers.  :angry:  Seriously he was a jerk about it... maybe because i'm was trying to buy ponies while wearing my Rainbow Dash shirt. i dunno people are funny about that, the woman at the counter was nice at least.

• Brohoof 1

Since Comic-Con 2013, I started to collect the Funko My Little Pony figures.  But alas, my collection is small compared to the rest of you.  I only have 2 Derpy toys

1) The inital one

2) The SDCC 2013 Clear Derpy

Sometime in the future, I will do a Youtube vid called "Derpypalooza" where I talk about the Derpy toys(Including one with the Queen Chrysalis toy).

Though the next Funko toy I may buy is Rainbow Dash(And it may be the SDCC RD toy)

Got a call from Toys R Us today n look what i got  :lol:

post-17970-0-13642700-1376942843_thumb.jpg

The weird part is Only Bonbon would ring up and it took some doing to get her to. Spitfire wouldn't ring so she rung her up as random merchandise. She even told me the computer still said they were to be released on the 9th of next month so i'm not sure what happened and honestly i'm gonna look a gift pony in the mouth :P.

• Brohoof 1

I wasn't planning on buying any figures until I saw this line. I guess I'll be checking out the local Hot Topic for the latest figures or ordering online. These are well sculpted models, if only they were pose-able.

1.png 2.png

This was posted on Eqd a few hours ago, along with other rumors that include the CMC, Trixie, Luna, and Big Mac. If they actually make Discord, I will die a happy man.

Also, the figures that H.P.Lovecolt24 posted are Toys'r'Us exclusives, and won't be sold at Hot Topic.

• Brohoof 3

Also, the figures that H.P.Lovecolt24 posted are Toys'r'Us exclusives, and won't be sold at Hot Topic.

Say what?! when did TRS ever decide to get on board with MODERN items in their stores that weren't straight from their babies r us shops?!

• Brohoof 1

Got a call from Toys R Us today n look what i got  :lol:

attachicon.gif100_0674.JPG

The weird part is Only Bonbon would ring up and it took some doing to get her to. Spitfire wouldn't ring so she rung her up as random merchandise. She even told me the computer still said they were to be released on the 9th of next month so i'm not sure what happened and honestly i'm gonna look a gift pony in the mouth :P.

Congratulations! Had a happy ending after all. Now your Lyra won't be without her bff. So how is the QC on those two? By the way could you post the Toys R Us SKU from your receipt on here for us? Makes things easier to call ahead than waste gas trying to find a store that has them.

Had to return both the Pinkies I bought, plus went through like 35 more, and STILL haven't found an acceptable one. Might have to wait a little for production to get better before I buy my favorite pony. She seems to be the most maltreated pony of Funko's line, which is a real shame.

Edited by Party Cannon

Congratulations! Had a happy ending after all. Now your Lyra won't be without her bff. So how is the QC on those two? By the way could you post the Toys R Us SKU from your receipt on here for us? Makes things easier to call ahead than waste gas trying to find a store that has them.

Had to return both the Pinkies I bought, plus went through like 35 more, and STILL haven't found an acceptable one. Might have to wait a little for production to get better before I buy my favorite pony. She seems to be the most maltreated pony of Funko's line, which is a real shame.

The only QC issues i've seen on mine are, sadly, Bonbon's Cutie mark rubed off a little bit at the very bottom. I think this may have happened during shipping. (sorry the pics not very clear.)

post-17970-0-84350400-1377049827_thumb.jpg

And this weird spot on Spitfires mane that doesn't really bother me.

post-17970-0-24156500-1377049887_thumb.jpg

Honestly I haven't found a perfect Funko figure without some sort of QC issue. usually its spots where you can tell the glue has run or little black specks.

And i'm really sorry i can't seem to find the receipt. If it turns up i'll post the SKU#

Edited by H.P.Lovecolt24
  • Brohoof 2

The only QC issues i've seen on mine are, sadly, Bonbon's Cutie mark rubed off a little bit at the very bottom. I think this may have happened during shipping. (sorry the pics not very clear.)

attachicon.gif100_0680.JPG

And this weird spot on Spitfires mane that doesn't really bother me.

attachicon.gif100_0682.JPG

Honestly I haven't found a perfect Funko figure without some sort of QC issue. usually its spots where you can tell the glue has run or little black specks.

And i'm really sorry i can't seem to find the receipt. If it turns up i'll post the SKU#

Thanks for posting pics. They did a very nice job on Spitfire's goggles.

As for QC issues, I totally understand about the lack of perfection with these. All things considered I think you picked a good pair.

It just seems that with the Pinkie's I came across they were very blatant issues, such as the cutie mark's strings overlapping the balloons (could be the delicate nature of the decal itself) and especially her eyes having too noticeable of scratches on her eyes. I don't know what your deciding factor is, but imo the eyes on these are the most important, as they are the first thing you see.

Thanks for posting pics. They did a very nice job on Spitfire's goggles.

As for QC issues, I totally understand about the lack of perfection with these. All things considered I think you picked a good pair.

It just seems that with the Pinkie's I came across they were very blatant issues, such as the cutie mark's strings overlapping the balloons (could be the delicate nature of the decal itself) and especially her eyes having too noticeable of scratches on her eyes. I don't know what your deciding factor is, but imo the eyes on these are the most important, as they are the first thing you see.

I totally agree. If the cutie marks or eyes on mine were that messed up i wouldn't buy them ether. I have been pretty lucky though, mostly just some Paint App errors on the manes but nothing major. i was exceptionally lucky with Pinkie n Lyra ordering them off Hottopic's web site. i not only got the variants i wanted but they were in great condition.

post-17970-0-54051900-1377151931_thumb.jpg

Thought i'd post a pic of the pony army as it were. I think I have all the ones that have been released so far.

• Brohoof 1