Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Change Song File in Edit Menu?

ASocialyAwkwardPony

Basically I wondered if it would have been a good idea to be able to change the sound file (like upload a new one and replace the old one in case of WIP's, remasters, etc.) without having to delete the actual song page from the database and such? Would of course need some sort of failsafe system to not be abused by trolls and such, but think that could have been a handy feature at least.

Oh and sorry for the mass uploads. All of my 3 full albums are now up so no more of those from me, don't worry lol

• Brohoof 1

Basically I wondered if it would have been a good idea to be able to change the sound file (like upload a new one and replace the old one in case of WIP's, remasters, etc.) without having to delete the actual song page from the database and such? Would of course need some sort of failsafe system to not be abused by trolls and such, but think that could have been a handy feature at least.

Oh and sorry for the mass uploads. All of my 3 full albums are now up so no more of those from me, don't worry lol

I actually like this idea myself, but as you said a fail safe system would need to be added, perhaps a limit to how many times you can re-upload a file change.

This is a planned feature. Feld0 just hasn't worked it in yet.

For now, if you need to replace any audio file, you can contact him personally and he'll take care of it.

This is a planned feature. Feld0 just hasn't worked it in yet.

For now, if you need to replace any audio file, you can contact him personally and he'll take care of it.

Ah cool, well I have been remastering one of my songs so wanted to replace the old file with the one with better audio, but I can wait until the feature is actually implemented then

Ah cool, well I have been remastering one of my songs so wanted to replace the old file with the one with better audio, but I can wait until the feature is actually implemented then

It's no trouble for me to replace the file for you manually. There's no ETA on when the feature will be ready, so I strongly recommend you get in touch if you want a new version to be put up. It'll take just a couple of minutes.

I'm not sure why this is something to apologize over? :( People can and should feel comfortable uploading all their pony tunes. :D

• Brohoof 1

It's no trouble for me to replace the file for you manually. There's no ETA on when the feature will be ready, so I strongly recommend you get in touch if you want a new version to be put up. It'll take just a couple of minutes.

I'm not sure why this is something to apologize over? sad.png People can and should feel comfortable uploading all their pony tunes. biggrin.png

Ah I see. Well thanks for the offer, will consider that then (just need to think a bit about it so I find a good way to still let people download the original mix if they prefer and such. Bandcamp is stupid and doesn't allow Mediafire links). Good to know about the music uploading too

Oh and happy birthday!

Ah I see. Well thanks for the offer, will consider that then (just need to think a bit about it so I find a good way to still let people download the original mix if they prefer and such. Bandcamp is stupid and doesn't allow Mediafire links). Good to know about the music uploading too

Oh and happy birthday!

Just upload the original mix as a separate track? That would work for now, but there has also been discussion about building a feature into Pony.fm to allow alternate versions of the same track. See here and post your thoughts: http://mlpforums.com/topic/58912-acapella-and-instrumental-downloads/

One of my hopes is that, with some cooperation from artists and listeners to find out exactly what they need, I can build Pony.fm into a one-stop solution for all of this.

• Brohoof 1