Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Making Christmas Merrier: The Wrap-Up

Twilight Sparkle ✨

It's Winter Making Christmas Merrier Wrap-Up Day!

Toward the end of 2012, we held a Christmas fundraiser for the BC Children's Hospital. Together, the MLP Forums community raised a total of $1810 CAD, which the hospital used to purchase Christmas gifts for all the unfortunate kids who had to spend the holiday there instead of their homes. Below is the receipt for the donation and a note from Cherie Spence, the organization's philanthropy coordinator:

Donation Receipt.png Cherie's Note.png

To make things more fun for everyone and encourage more contributions, we offered a variety of rewards and activities to up the ante as donations came in. You can see the full list of these in the fundraiser's original announcement post.

Before going any further, I'd like to issue a public apology on behalf of the MLP Forums team for the tardiness in delivering the promised prizes. A combination of factors, ranging from the real-life bus running over our precious cargo to some recipients showing no interest in their prize (People made an honest-to-goodness donation for charity and nothing else? Secure an underground shelter, guys; the apocalypse is nigh!) have complicated and slowed down the logistics involved.

With that said, today, I'm happy to present the following completed prizes:

• Key Gear sings a randomly selected show song (1/9)
  • Tom The Diamond gets the member title "Trixe is NOT best pony" for 1 week.
  • I, Feld0, get the member title "New Lunar Republic Rising" for 1 week.
  • Zoop gets the member title "Leibniz is better than Spinoza".
  • Feather Spiral creates a 1000-word literary work for Tich.
  • Everyone gets subscriber perks for 9 days.
  • Tich orders a commission of his, Zoop's, and Key Gear's OC's.

In addition, Zoop has partially completed his dramatic reading of "My Little Dashie". The progress on his aural masterpiece can be found here as well.

The member titles and subscriber perks are effective immediately. The rest of the awards are content-based, and follow:

Key Gear sings "So Many Wonders"

So_Many_Wonders.mp3

Feather Spiral writes a 1000-word literary work for Tich

The Neigh After Tomorrow

Tich orders a commission from ErBoi

zoopkeygeartich.png

Zoop treats us to a dramatic reading of "My Little Dashie"

MLD-01.ogg

MLD-02.ogg

Again, I'm sorry that we've been so slow on getting to all of these. The remaining rewards will be published and added to this post as they come in. Unfortunately, with everything that's going on with Poniverse and BronyCon preparations these days, as well as personal matters in staff members' real lives (yeah, hate to break it to you that we have those, too), I can't provide an ETA on any of those, but we fully intend on eventually getting every last one of them completed.

I know a lot of you have been looking forward to many of these, so we appreciate your patience and support as we work through it all. smile.png

• Brohoof 37

Key Gear singing....

Zoop talking in that John Wayne voice....

*Throws money at screen*

This is pure gold right here :3

I want more Key Gear singles released though :P

:D

• Brohoof 5

(edited)
post-10241-0-59968900-1355149338.jpg

People in this forum are indeed insane.

Aww yeah. Key Gear sings a song! And it's "So Many Wonders." img-1425914-1-laugh.png

I really want to hear how funny his voice could be. img-1425914-2-tongue.png

So I listened to @Key Gear singing, and I was like:

post-10241-0-66386600-1367551872.gif

WAIT! What can I do with this subscriber status thingy?

Oh, are we going to have another Christmas Merrier this year? I love children and toys. I couldn't join last year because I didn't have the money, but I think I can join this year, for some reasons. :3

Edited by Sky Warden
  • Brohoof 3

Sweet! Congratulations on the great success ^.^  $1810 was actually a bit bigger than my expectations but that's definitely a good thing! It's just so nice to see such a great community pitch in for the less fortunate.

That is quite cool indeed, and it's really great to see how the community helped raise so much money for kids who really need it. :)

• Brohoof 1

WOW that is amazing! Kudos to all the people who donated!  I think it is a very sweet thing for the children to get presents, man their happiness would just melt my heart. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Tich doing great over there... make him clean some more :3 So adorable too.

I feel a bit disappointed in myself since i didn't contribute one bit to this fundraiser, hopefully i'll be able to make up for it one day. Either way, it's awesome and generous of our members to have donated for such cause and to reach a really high number this time around compared to the previous fundraiser is quite an achievement as well. It really shows how big our community has grown since last time.

Edited by Leafeon
  • Brohoof 6

Zoop talking in that John Wayne voice....

Did he read "Here's John Wayne at the first Thanksgiving. Happy Thanksgiving, pilgrims."? 

But good work by everyone involved and next year is only gonna get bigger and better.

wow that's a lot of money! I loved to read their letter :)

Anyways, now is the time to have a look at all the things the staff made..

@@Doctor XFizzle,

Gk6y6Ng.png

It's beautiful :')

• Brohoof 4

This took literally forever. I'm so glad this happened though. I've always wanted to hear those dramatic readings from Zoop, but I was really looking forward to a dubbed episode that the staff members were going to team up for.  I really thought these promises were going to be swept under the rug.

Look at all the pretty new portrait avatars so far :3 Great that this has finally been brought to a close, or, the beginning of its' close.

I'm also incredibly disappointed. I'm the most active admin. I'm the fun admin. I was expecting to be one of the people chosen for some new member title :c You sadden me, underlings.

• Brohoof 2

Making Christmas merrier for everybody has generosity written all over it. It's a good thing we were able to raise that much money. I salute a congratulations to everyone who took part in it. :)

So when my donor status runs out, can I not have this avatar anymore? sad.png

Like what happens when the donor status runs out, does the avatar get taken off?

No you can keep that avatar and any signature you get within your Donor period, bot when you try changing it, you will be limited once again by the size limits, meaning youd either have to keep your avatar and sig (if you get a larger one) or change into the smaller ones again.

• Brohoof 1

I'm secretly pleased I wasn't a mod yet, and didn't have to do anything more unusual than I already do.

Key Gear, you have a gift my friend. I'm putting that on my iPod. And once again, a big thanks to everyone who donated. I'm sure that the children are very grateful :).

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Look at all the pretty new portrait avatars so far :3 Great that this has finally been brought to a close, or, the beginning of its' close.

I'm also incredibly disappointed. I'm the most active admin. I'm the fun admin. I was expecting to be one of the people chosen for some new member title :c You sadden me, underlings.

I agree, It almost seemed like you would get chosen. Then again, you're unpredictable even without intervention.

Plus, you have the best member title in existence, if not simply by merit of it being a quote from one of my posts.

Edited by Harmonic Revelations
  • Brohoof 1

Didn't take part in the fundraiser. Feels bad, man. sad.png  

That's it. Next time we have one of these things, I swear I'm going to participate. I'm usually pretty skeptical about the effectiveness of charities and such, but it wouldn't hurt to try. I shall--I must--redeem myself! 

That aside, I'm amazed, yet unsurprised. I really mean it when I say you guys did an awesome job. Nearly $2000 from one fansite is very impressive! Yet, that's only to be expected from one of the friendliest communities on the Internet. The compassion of our members is truly something to behold. I'm proud of you, MLP Forums. smile.png

So when my donor status runs out, can I not have this avatar anymore? sad.png

Like what happens when the donor status runs out, does the avatar get taken off?

When it runs out, two men in suits will show up to your house to erase your memory of your 150 X 200 pixel avatar, and you will be reverted to your normal one.

Actually, if you don't change it, you can keep it forever, same goes for your sig.

• Brohoof 1

Bwahahahahaha Key Gear's face up there is so priceless ZlCHy.png

I can't wait to hear more of the Key Gear's handsome voice singing songs that are usually reserved for feminine singers.

• Brohoof 1

wow that's a lot of money! I loved to read their letter smile.png

Anyways, now is the time to have a look at all the things the staff made..

@@Doctor XFizzle,

img-1426342-1-Gk6y6Ng.png

It's beautiful :')

Saved for posterity. This is truly a momentous occasion. Ding dong the notion that Trixie is best pony by Tom the Diamond is dead.

• Brohoof 1

Wow! That's amazing you guys were able to round up that much money and donate it! There are a lot of kids out there whose lives were made a lot brighter in their time of need. I'm really proud!  wub.png

• 2 weeks later...

Me bugging @@Zoop finally got to that guy's head. Making May merrier!

I love how this went. Thanks for finally putting everything out and wrapping it up :D

• Brohoof 1