Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

so... I just found out what a wendigo really is..

Tia Is Best Pony

So, i was watching a show about zombies in ancient cultures and they started talking about wendigos and well.. yea its messed up. here is the wiki definition of wendigos

Wendigo
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The wendigo (also known as windigoweendigowindagowaindigowindigawitikowihtikow, and numerous other variants)[1] is a creature appearing in the legends of the Algonquian peoples.

It is thought of variously as a malevolent cannibalistic spirit that could possess humans or a monster that humans could physically transform into. Those who indulged in cannibalism were at particular risk,[2] and the legend appears to have reinforced this practice as a taboo.

Wendigo psychosis is the name conventionally given to a disputed culture-bound disorder featuring an intense craving for human flesh and the fear that the sufferer would turn into a cannibal. This was alleged to have occurred among Algonquian nativecultures.[3]

creepy right? basicly its a demon that takes over a person and makes them eat people. am i the only one who finds it odd that mlp wendigos share the same name??

~Luna Forever 

• Brohoof 1

Goddamn >.< Sounds like some mythical creepypasta creature. 

But I'm certain that it was just a coincidence for MLP to name one of their creatures named after some creepy cannibal monster:
Wind + Dingo = Windingo 

(edited)

Goddamn >.< Sounds like some mythical creepypasta creature. 

But I'm certain that it was just a coincidence for MLP to name one of their creatures named after some creepy cannibal monster:

Wind + Dingo = Windingo 

Wendigoes are actually fairly well known legendary creatures. They are known more for their connection to ice, winter, famine, etc. than they are to cannibalism.

MLP is known for puns, so Windigo seems pretty natural to me.

I love me some cryptozoology and mythical creatures smile.png

Also, while Lost Tapes is pretty cool, it'd be better if they didn't add the ambient music, so it'd seem more like actual footage :/

Edited by Evilshy
  • Brohoof 2

Well like Evilshy said, the Wendigos were also connected to famine and winter. Now if you remember what Hearth Warming Eve (was that the episode's name?) was about, it was pretty much about Old Equestria being overcome by cold and famine, all a product of the windigos influence on the land. Makes sense after that.

• Brohoof 1

Very few things thoroughly creep me out. Congratulations, sir, you found one of them. I guess that means no sleep for me tonight!

• Brohoof 1