Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ask a Staffer!

NewCalamity
Message added by Simon,

Heads up: this thread is to ask whatever sorts of questions you may have to staff, but this is not the right place to give actual feedback or more serious questions for the staff. Anything posted here is subject to receive a silly response!

To send the site positive or negative feedback, try making a thread in the Feedback forum.

For questions or technical issues about MLPForums, check out the Site Questions forum.

Or if you have an issue best discussed in private, consider submitting a support ticket here.

I'll answer this if you can first answer the question: Is the statement "This sentence is false." true or false?

You got me there. :P

What kinds of things do you all look for when recruiting new people for the staff? What's the screening process?

What kinda music do ya like?

I'm pretty crappy at finding music that I like, but what I do like falls into the genres of folk and rock, primarily. I'm not ultra picky though. I listen to some metal, more electronic stuff and pop as well.

What's everyone's favorite MLP episode?

Hurricane Fluttershy

What kinds of things do you all look for when recruiting new people for the staff? What's the screening process?

Activity, maturity, knowledge of site rules, good behavior in the past, willingness to help out other members, there are a lot of things that go into recruiting somebody. As for the screening process, I'm not really important enough to be part of that, but I imagine that the admins review the member's behavior on the site, talk over whether they think the person would be a good addition, get Feld0's blessing and then ask the member if they're up for it. Just my idea of what it's probably like. Somebody more knowledgeable might be able to fill you in with the particulars :P

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

With a sorting hat, bro. Hat knows what it's looking for.

post-1372-0-53763400-1375085195_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chigens and Kay
  • Brohoof 1

If all you guys were in a Battle Royale senario, Who do you think will win?

I vote @~Chaotic Discord~. He would just use his reality altering powers to make himself the automatic winner.

• 2 weeks later...

To moderators and admins.

Where are links of your very first post around MLP forums?

I never made a welcoming thread, but this is the oldest post of mine I could find. It's from the day I joined, so there's a good chance it's the first. Yeesh, spelling, capitalization, what a mess :blush:

When you first became staff how did you feel and what did you think at 1st

A mixture of surprise, fear and pride. I remember coming home after a pretty long day to a PM, and I didn't know what to make of the title of it. After I read it, I took a little while to think it over before accepting. I remember thinking that I had no idea what I was getting into, and that was pretty accurate :blink: . Thankfully, everyone was very kind and helpful.

• Brohoof 1

This is hardly my first forum job, but I felt the same initial excitement and slight worry of being able to uphold the job or not, because all the past forums I've staffed were small communities that never, ever grew to anything the size of what this place is. So, somewhat intimidating. But, I also knew that I had the activity to thrive in a fast, large-paced forum, and I loved all the fellow staff so, I was mostly just happy to be able to help out.

What kinda music do ya like?

I like metal. Specifically, I like technical death metal, symphonic metal, melodic/folk death metal, power metal, extreme power metal, gothic/symphonic metal, and epic doom metal. I do not like metal that has violent, depressing, misanthropic, satanic, or otherwise offensive lyrics. Unfortunately, many bands seem to jump on that bandwagon. Thankfully, not all of them do. 

I'll give you some examples of bands I like for each genre that I listed.

• Technical Death Metal: Obscura

• Symphonic Metal: Nightwish, Amberian Dawn

• Melodic/Folk Death Metal: Ensiferum, Finntroll, Eluveitie, Wintersun

• Power Metal: Blind Guardian, Stratovarius

• Extreme Power Metal: DragonForce

• Gothic/Symphonic Metal: Delain

• Epic Doom Metal: While Heaven Wept

Aside from metal, I love classical music, and Christmas music. I also love My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic songs and background music. 

My favorite music out of all the kinds of music that I like is Christmas music and MLP music. The love and joy in both is deeply inspirational and moving.

I became a staff member here 19 days ago. However, it's not my first time being a staff member on a website. I was a moderator, and later an administrator for about a year on a different website, before I decided to leave it. It was the first time I had gotten any experience moderating a site with a somewhat large amount of users. I'm glad that I did leave it - I have subsequently spent more time here, and I enjoy it much more here than I did there for several reasons. Prior to that, I was a moderator on at least one small site, an administrator on a different small site, and I owned a few forums that never got very far.

I was honored to be trusted with a staff position here. I love MLP, and I love MLP Forums. This site is my favorite MLP site. Being trusted with a staff position here, and subsequently having the opportunity to help manage the Site Questions & Tech Support forum section, to participate in staff discussions, and to help out in other ways means more to me than I can effectively describe. 

Hey staffers, did you know that you're all awesome?!

While I can attest to the awesomeness of my fellow staff members, I must say that we are not more awesome than any other members of the community. But, thank you.

• Brohoof 1

@DF and TS

How do you like the report wars? :3

This is not war. This is pest control!

On a more serious note, the reports went to show how deeply flawed the current character minimum was. It also became pretty amusing after a while. I feel kinda sorry for the staff caught in the crossfire, though :P

• Brohoof 2

@DF and TS

How do you like the report wars? :3

Actually, Feld0 made a robot that did essentially the same thing about the same time as my batch became mods. Artemis and I think it was a hazing ritual to break us all in >_>. It kinda reminded me of that.

It was fun, in a slightly masochistic way. If it weren't, I wouldn't have kept egging you on. I will admit I looked a bit like this every time I thought you'd run out, only for ten more to pop up.

Typewriter-throwing.gif

• Brohoof 4

• 2 weeks later...

My intro topic, in which I newbly talked as and like Discord :3

> http://mlpforums.com/topic/14993-let-the-chaos-flow-through-you-bones/

o my gosh your intro post was sooooo cute

Seriously, though, that made me smile. Considering how mine was pretty lengthy and dry, I'll take your introduction any day of the week (except on Wednesdays).

• Brohoof 1