Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ask a Staffer!

NewCalamity
Message added by Simon,

Heads up: this thread is to ask whatever sorts of questions you may have to staff, but this is not the right place to give actual feedback or more serious questions for the staff. Anything posted here is subject to receive a silly response!

To send the site positive or negative feedback, try making a thread in the Feedback forum.

For questions or technical issues about MLPForums, check out the Site Questions forum.

Or if you have an issue best discussed in private, consider submitting a support ticket here.

Forgive me if this has already been asked before.. What's your least favorite part about being a staffer?

what has been the most unpleseant moment of your work as a staffer?

I think these both kind of fall into the same category. I hate banning people I genuinely like. While I never relish in banning anyone, banning people I like sucks.

I'm also not particularly a fan of being lumped in together as "the mods". The moderation staff were chosen based on our abilities to get a long with others, as well as how we put ourselves forward in the face of adversity. Finally, we have to be able to fight each other without getting angry.  We're each very different people, and between us, we don't always agree. When I get accused of having done something that I had nothing to do with because it was "the mods" it makes me sad that people are unable to differentiate between what we do on the forums and who we are personally and individually. 

Finally, It's not just the mods and admins that run the site. There's a lot of support staff that keep us running. @@Fhaolan and @@Khajiit are the two I rely on the most. There's also a PR team ( @ ) an art team ( @@Jamie ) and so many more people that keep everything running. I can't list them all because I know I would forget someone and feel like a jerk, plus then this reply would be even longer than it already is. They're all awesome, and I'm so grateful to every one of them. <3

• Brohoof 3

What do you look forward to most about your job as a staff member?

so crystal empire?

Making Christmas Merrier has been by far the best part about being a staffer. Getting to contribute has been really exciting, especially because I get to sew as a result. As for the day to day stuff, EQE, the section I was originally brought on to do is a section I still get to work intimately with. Due to the post minimums in the section, I read almost every post in the section on a weekly basis. Watching everyone's writing improve, and the storylines they craft is pretty great.

Cadance is best pony, so yes. I actually had to look up what you were talking about in the last post. I knew what the New Lunar Republic and Solar Empire were, but I had never seen them shortened that way.  :wau:

I only abuse other staff, personally.

This is truth! Also why I relished making him sing :)

Mike-Myers-Austin-Powers-1-.jpg

should this mod be a part of your team?

I think all of us already have a little Austin Powers in us. Specially @Lavo

:P

Favorite anime? img-3304885-1-RQseTcP.png

Digimon Adventure 01.

I've also started getting into Fairy Tail recently, that show is awesome.

who is your favorite pony?

Rarity - <3 :rarity: <3

Favorite anime? img-3304885-1-RQseTcP.png

SDF / Macross (Robotech: Macross Saga)

who is your least favorite pony?

Tom, definitely Tom. Tom lies ... he is evil ... he will devour your soul while bathing in spoiled milk. Tom is worst Pony.  

if you died, what other member of the staff would you want to keep your body in their closet?

Tom, definitely Tom. Tom lies ... he is evil ... he will devour your soul while bathing in spoiled milk. Tom is worst Pony.  

tom is my uncle's sister thrice removed