Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ask a Staffer!

NewCalamity
Message added by Simon,

Heads up: this thread is to ask whatever sorts of questions you may have to staff, but this is not the right place to give actual feedback or more serious questions for the staff. Anything posted here is subject to receive a silly response!

To send the site positive or negative feedback, try making a thread in the Feedback forum.

For questions or technical issues about MLPForums, check out the Site Questions forum.

Or if you have an issue best discussed in private, consider submitting a support ticket here.

You can pick 3 other staffers for your zombie apocalypse survival group, who do you pick?

NewCalamity - Bait

Artemis - Bait

Chaotic Discord - Bait

So I can run away and be safe :3

• Brohoof 2

You can pick 3 other staffers for your zombie apocalypse survival group, who do you pick?

Akita-ken: Can make a lovely chart explaining to zombies why brains are bad for their cholesterol.

Chaotic Discord: Can snap his fingers and teleport us away when the zombies come for us, not being convinced by Akita's chart (although they do admire it and agree on its high aesthetic value)

Key Gear: Can help build a zombie-crushing machine of some variety or another.

• Brohoof 5

Tom The Diamond- he's a rock, I could throw him at them.

Full Spectrum- with a name like that he must be shiny, he could distract the zombies!

Artemis- I'm pretty sure he owns a gun. Yeah.

Why 42?

Also, how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck would chuck wood?

1. Because reasons.

2. 64 stacks. B)

Key Gear, DawnRider and Akita-Ken. Purely so that I at least have some entertainment while fighting off the zombie horde. They really do make me laugh.

Also, how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck would chuck wood?

I suppose because of the variety of explanations that manage to fathom such an example of said woodchuck chucking said wood.

• Brohoof 1

Which actor of The Doctor was the best and which was the worst in your opinion?

I'm a pretty crappy Whovian, having only seen a few episodes before the modern reboot and maybe only a dozen or so episodes of that. My least favorite is whoever played the First Doctor and my favorite is probably Tennant, with Smith slightly behind him. Sorry for not being able to give a more informed opinion :(

Which actor of The Doctor was the best and which was the worst in your opinion?

I really like Christopher Eccleston in the role, and just behind him, David Tennant. I haven't seen enough of Matt Smith to say where I would rate him. I didn't really watch the original series, but that doctor who was all about cricket (don't know his name) would be worst, simply because one scene had him throw a cricket ball at a spaceship, catch it on the rebound, and use the momentum to move him toward the airlock... which is stupid. Yeah, it's a bad reason to dislike that particular Doctor, but it's all I have to go on.

To the staff, have you ever experienced a bitter sweet feeling when you banhammered someone?

I would be lieing if I said I've never had a 'finally' sort of feeling when a particularly problematic member who walks the line gets banned, at last, but for the most part, it's not usually a 'sweet' sort of job.

To my dearest staff,

If the forums suddenly turned into a restaurant, what type would it be and what kinds of food(s) would you provide?

Since it's a pony site, it would be some kind of vegetarian menu... possibly including hay and oats.

To my dearest staff,

If the forums suddenly turned into a restaurant, what type would it be and what kinds of food(s) would you provide?

We would eat Zoop cause he's nutritious

Probably as FS said, Vegetarian menu only :3

Do you prefer the voice that Luke Triton has in the UK versions of the Professor Layton games or the American version of the Professor Layton games?

Also, Captain America or USAgent?

• Brohoof 1

Since the dawn of the Site Questions & Tech Support forum, I assume that the amount of support tickets the administrators receive has decreased. On average, how many support tickets do you receive on a regular basis, and how would that average compare to the amount you received before the implementation of that forum section? 

Since the dawn of the Site Questions & Tech Support forum, I assume that the amount of support tickets the administrators receive has decreased. On average, how many support tickets do you receive on a regular basis, and how would that average compare to the amount you received before the implementation of that forum section? 

It did indeed make a huge difference, and both Feld0 and Scoots were hugely relieved at the drop of technical tickets especially. Before, tickets' averaged anywhere from 20 to 35, even 40 when things were getting pathetically busy (though sometimes those numbers were caused by bounced email notifications that simply needed to be marked as spam and hadn't yet, so, 20-30 was the usual range for legit tickets) and the bulk of those were always technical issues. Now, tickets rarely get over fifteen, with the average being around 8-12. Obviously, technical issues still make up the majority of those most of the time, but now, they're usually things the admins -need- to deal with, and not slightly simpler things that our new Tech Staff can't deal with.

• Brohoof 1

Once upon a time you're walking home after a hard days work, when suddenly two ponies of the Royal Guard appear from the shadows. Shocked, you stumble back and fall to the ground.

"STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM" they shout at you. "You have violated the law, pay the court a fine or serve your sentence" the two Pegasi spit at you with unrelenting force. 

What Law(s) did you break, if any, and will you pay the fine, serve your sentence or resist?

Do you prefer the voice that Luke Triton has in the UK versions of the Professor Layton games or the American version of the Professor Layton games?

Also, Captain America or USAgent?

Had to look this up, but UK, I guess.

Cap by several miles.

What Law(s) did you break, if any, and will you pay the fine, serve your sentence or resist?

Identity theft, because I'd be a secret changeling. I'd resist, seems like royal guards couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag. 

• Brohoof 1