Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ask a Staffer!

NewCalamity
Message added by Simon,

Heads up: this thread is to ask whatever sorts of questions you may have to staff, but this is not the right place to give actual feedback or more serious questions for the staff. Anything posted here is subject to receive a silly response!

To send the site positive or negative feedback, try making a thread in the Feedback forum.

For questions or technical issues about MLPForums, check out the Site Questions forum.

Or if you have an issue best discussed in private, consider submitting a support ticket here.

Are you a dog person, cat person, or something else?

I have no strong personal perference, but I do love birds. :)

• Brohoof 1

A cat person. Period.

It doesn't help that I have Cynophobia (fear of dogs) to this, but it was worth mentioning.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely a dog person. Not only do dogs look cuter, but they have also proven to leave such an impact to human society. They can be used in the police force, they can be used in wars, they can be used for herding sheep, they even get their own unique competitions like agility trails... I could just go on and on. I also love how most dogs actually care for you, which makes sense considering they're pack animals.

I can't say I'm too crazy about cats. They do look cute I suppose, but they're not as fascinating or helpful as dogs.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I bring another pressing question before you all...

Can any of you do this with your fingers and hands?

I can do it with my right hand. D:

Why is pie good?

Because it is the superior tower-shaped-desert.

• Brohoof 1

I bring another pressing question before you all...

Can any of you do this with your fingers and hands?

I can do it with both, but I can't sync them up like that. :(

Why is pie good?

Because of the old joke that I can make.

If the forum to be under a hacker attack, just like 'Welcome to Ponyville' how will you try to take care of the situation. And if the forum fell what would all staff members do then.

Well, as soon as the forums goes down, we yell things like FORUMS IS DEAD and make such a wailing that Feld0 and Lavo and the other tech-bunnies feel something wrong with the universe and come check out Skype before getting to work on the forums. Then they do their magical mystery hand-waving and fix all of our problems while we wail and moan and generally annoy the heck out of them and using this as an excuse that we helped. :P

If the forums 'fell'? First, you underestimate the technical prowess of Feld0 and Lavo and our other tech-bunnies. When that fails, we call in a few priests of the Mechanicus. If that fails... well, first off, that's WAYYY too much effort to take down a mere pony forums, and secondly, we use this opportunity to restart the forums. We all think that I.P.Board is kinda irritating, after all, so we'll probably remake the forums with a new system. But that's not gonna happen anytime soon.

• Brohoof 2

If the forum to be under a hacker attack, just like 'Welcome to Ponyville' how will you try to take care of the situation. And if the forum fell what would all staff members do then.

Well, I usually panic, and start up tanks that kill the other staff members, because reasons.

And then I go to the Skype group with all the tech staff we hide from the users, deep in the bowels of our codemonkey internment camps, and give them delicious banana bread as a bribe to get them to fix everything.

• Brohoof 1

If the forums 'fell'? First, you underestimate the technical prowess of Feld0 and Lavo and our other tech-bunnies. When that fails, we call in a few priests of the Mechanicus. If that fails... well, first off, that's WAYYY too much effort to take down a mere pony forums, and secondly, we use this opportunity to restart the forums. We all think that I.P.Board is kinda irritating, after all, so we'll probably remake the forums with a new system. But that's not gonna happen anytime soon.

Let's just say perhaps... the government took it down cause something else was going on here. 

Let's just say perhaps... the government took it down cause something else was going on here. 

Well, they'd contact Feld0 as the owner of the site first. We'd fix the problem if able, and if not, well, reconstruct the site following the government's guidelines with a new, flexible system.

The government isn't evil; they won't just shut down the site without warning. And besides, Feld0 lives in Canada, so it's not the American government, it's the Canadian government. And (insert Canadian stereotype here) (insert stereotypical Canadian 'eh' here).

• Brohoof 1

Well, they'd contact Feld0 as the owner of the site first. We'd fix the problem if able, and if not, well, reconstruct the site following the government's guidelines with a new, flexible system.

The government isn't evil; they won't just shut down the site without warning. And besides, Feld0 lives in Canada, so it's not the American government, it's the Canadian government. And (insert Canadian stereotype here) (insert stereotypical Canadian 'eh' here).

I could have gotten into more detail like saying I'm not talking about the American Government alone, but I think we get the idea.

Everyone understands why we can't have a chat room here right?

Edited by A6_V8Pym

At first, I thought that was me because I am blue and I like to sleep. But then, I was privvy to a conversation with some of the senior staff early in my... staffness? So, to answer your question, yes, I know why we no longer have, and will likely not regain, an active chat on the forums. And that reason is--

redacted.jpg

I collect spores, molds, and fungus

We use our invisibility cloak. And should that not work I would do the same thing I always do ... I haz a family and some such to keep me occupied. :P

The rest of the staff would turn to various marsupials though. It's the curse of Simon.

We took care of the last Canadian Prime Minister when he threatened my spores molds and fungus collection. We have our ways. >_>

In case they don't - it's because I would rather flay myself alive in a vat of salt and vinegar chips.

Hey @Simon would you ever bungee jump?

Idea for Poniverse PR Promotion! Simon guess what you are doing at BABSCon in 2016?

• Brohoof 3

Idea for Poniverse PR Promotion! Simon guess what you are doing at BABSCon in 2016?

Didn't he almost do something... "similar" to that at BABS2015, unintentionally? xD

I swear there was a balcony involved at some point. ;)

I collect spores, molds, and fungus

We use our invisibility cloak. And should that not work I would do the same thing I always do ... I haz a family and some such to keep me occupied. :P

The rest of the staff would turn to various marsupials though. It's the curse of Simon.

We took care of the last Canadian Prime Minister when he threatened my spores molds and fungus collection. We have our ways. >_>

In case they don't - it's because I would rather flay myself alive in a vat of salt and vinegar chips.

Ok, you just made me laugh very hard.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Simon would you ever bungee jump?
Probably not, I'm a wimp.

You suck.

If you could only drink ONE type of soda for the rest of your life, which would it be?

thumb.png

• Brohoof 1

If you could only drink ONE type of soda for the rest of your life, which would it be?

Obviously...

derpy_kitty_cola_by_pikurosonai00-d5pdhq

Nuka-Cola.

thumb.jpeg

Or Coke. Whatever. As long as it's brown and caffeinated, (AND NOT DIET ANYTHING) I really don't care. I mostly drink water, anywho. :v

• 2 weeks later...

There is only one true soda in my eyes:

41SH8i1ZunL.jpg

Do you like the movie 'Aladdin'? :squee:

A true classic. <3

• Brohoof 2