Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

resolved Some things I posted (incl. a topic) got moved to Life Advice but I'm <40 posts?

Domnopalus
Go to solution Solved by Jokuc,

(edited)

Hi; I'm just wondering what to do about this; it seems a tiny bit unfair - I haven't gotten up to 40 posts yet as I'm very new.  I'm working on getting up there but I don't want to be a spam-maker.  I posted in some threads that got moved to the Life Advice forum so now I can't see them anymore.  More importantly I made a topic, "Share your paranormal experiences," in the General/Everfree Forest section, which I have no clue what happened to it.  Maybe it got deleted, but I was unaware of violating any rules.  I think it may have been moved to Life Advice but again, I can't even see it now and it's my own topic.  What should I do about this?  And if I did something wrong, could someone please tell me what it was so I can avoid doing it again?

Thanks <3

Edited by The Wife of Law

If you can't find your thread it's because moderators sometimes moves/merge or delete threads. You can look up what's happened to the thread if you use some of the forums' functions.

First you can always check if any of your threads has been moved. If your thread is moved it will still count as your thread and therefore be shown in "my threads". If your thread has been deleted or merged it disappears from that list. To see if your thread is moved and/or where it has been moved, you can go to your profile and press "Topics"

4P7wNCf.png

If you can't see your thread there it means it has been merged with another thread or deleted.

More importantly I made a topic, "Share your paranormal experiences," which I have no clue what happened to it. Maybe it got deleted, but I was unaware of violating any rules.

Now I know for a fact that we already have a lot of threads with the exact same topic. I therefore knew that this thread is probably merged.

To look up threads of yours that has been merged, you can use the advanced search function on the top of the page.

V0wjPtj.png

There you can find the posts you are looking for if you type your username at "Find author" and then chose a section from "Find in forum"

512t3Pn.png

Now I made this search for you so I know that your topic has been merged with this thread:

http://mlpforums.com/topic/45085-ghost-stories-folklore-legends-and-the-generally-supernatural/?p=1425960

I also did a search in Life Advice, but I cannot find any of your posts there, and if one of your threads has been deleted you usually get the message "A Moderator has deleted a post of yours in [section]"

TL;DR You haven't done anything wrong, your thread was simply a clone of this one

• Brohoof 2

Thank you so so so so so much!!!! <3  That of course explains everything and helps so much.  Sorry I didn't notice the clone thread--I did a bit of a look around but I may have been looking in the wrong place, or not far enough back (and didn't use the search function--eek!).

Thanks again <3

• Brohoof 1

Thank you Jokuc for such an in depth answer xD

Considering that this appears to be all wrapped up, Im gonna go ahead and lock this up.

Have a nice day ^_^