Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

resolved Life Advice permission - given then taken in one click

NeuroTypical
Go to solution Solved by NavelColt,

(edited)
On the home page, it tells me:

Congratulations on becoming a full member of the community! You now have the ability to create a signature, upload unlimited attachments, participate in roleplays, access the Life Advice section and use the blogging system.

When I click on the Life Advice forum, it tells me:

Sorry, you don't have permission for that![#103149]
You need to make 5 posts before you can access the Life Advice forum.

Due to the nature of this section, members may post sensitive information about themselves here and we have this restriction in place to protect them from abuse.

Am I doing something wrong?
Edited by The Wife of Law

Hm that sounds odd. You could try to sign out and then sign in again. It should give you access to that section when you get that message. It's maybe a bug, I don't know.

Hi Neuro,

You need to be a cupcake in order to post in the Life Advice section. This means you need to make 40 posts.

It's possible you posted in a thread that got moved into a place where posts don't count-This might explain the missing posts.

In truth, I am not quite sure why this happened. If you go to the welcoming plaza and make a couple of posts, you should be fine.

Its probably a glitch. Happened to me and all I did was make 5 more posts. That's just a suggestion. But really, ask a moderator or something. I can't do anything.

Everything is fine. There's a minimum of 40 posts before one can post in the Life Advice section, which you probably reached at some point. The issue is a few of your posts no longer exist or are no longer valid.

After crawling through your post history, I see I removed two of your posts. Collateral damage as I was attempting to clean up an "unproductive" line of conversation started by somebody else, you could say. That happens sometimes. You also posted in a thread that was originally in an area where posts are counted that was eventually moved to Cloudsdale Colosseum, where posts do not count, which explains another one that was missing. As for the remaining three missing posts that are keeping you under the count of 40, I'm not entirely sure. It's possible that you posted in a thread somewhere in Cloudsdale that eventually got moved to an area or merged with another thread in an area where your post count would be incremented, and where there is a character minimum requirement. If a post of yours in a thread that got moved/merged was under the minimum of the new board housing it, your post would no longer be counted. Figuring out exactly which posts and threads those would be would require digging through quite a few logs.

It wouldn't appear that there's a technical problem and you certainly aren't doing anything wrong. Post counts generally fluctuate for those reasons. You'll just have to climb back to 40 on your own, which shouldn't take too long given where you're at.

• Brohoof 2

There's a minimum of 40 posts before one can post in the Life Advice section, which you probably reached at some point.

This is being changed, though. It's dropping to five. Due to some loose ends we haven't gotten the chance to announce it yet. The site cache was screwed up after the change, but it should all work just fine now.

• Brohoof 4

Well as ~CD~ stated things are changing. So you should have access to the Life Advice section now.

If you have any further problems send me a PM, but im positive it should be working for you now.

Im gonna go ahead and lock this up now

Have a good day :)

I currently have a ticket open with IPS concerning this issue. Further testing has revealed that, for some users, the limit has not yet been lowered to 5. I will update this thread in time, when the issue is resolved. :)