Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sink water or bottled water

Gourgeist

What taste better  

172 users have voted

1. 1. Sink or water bottle?

• Sink
    • Water bottle

I hate bottled water so much. It makes me want to puke and just taste nyehyeyheyhehyehyeh bleh. 

On the other and I think water from a sink taste amazing. It has much more flavor and has much more of a pure feeling to it. 

• Brohoof 2

I hate bottled water so much. It makes me want to puke and just taste nyehyeyheyhehyehyeh bleh.    On the other and I think water from a sink taste amazing. It has much more flavor and has much more of a pure feeling to it. 

Ummm... Ok? This is a random topic but hey whatever.

I personally am the exact opposite of you. Sink water is horrid, while bottled water is so pure and fresh.

I will say that not all bottled water is created equal *cough cough Deer Park** but my absolute favorite water would have to be SmartWater. So good!

• Brohoof 5

Sink,

"whatever that doesn't kill you makes you stronger" also i think is kind of funny to taste how different water can be from one place to another also bottle drinkers will not survive the Zombie apocalypse, cholera will take them first. derpy_emoticon2.png

• Brohoof 1

I will drink anything that will get me the most water the fastest, so that makes my choice the sink.

Fun fact!: Humans cannot actually taste water, we only taste whatever particles, minerals, and chemicles that the water contains.

• Brohoof 1

I feel like water from a sink/fountain is more cold and refreshing, but some bottled water tastes pretty good. But I have to go with sink water on this one.

(edited)

It just kind of depends for me. Usually I drink sink water. I like to buy bottled water, drink it, and then fill it up with sink water. Easy way to re-use those old bottles, even though they start to get a little gross if you fill them up too often. As for taste, like I said I don't really care much.

Edited by PowerStar89

I personally think that sink water is the best. It tastes better than bottled water. Plus, if you drink out of a plastic bottle too much, the plastic can get into your body system which is not good.

I do like some types of bottled water. The only ones I really like are smart water, ice mountain, and fiji.

I drink bottled water but, I don't think I should drink sink water. Sink water usually still has particles of iron from the pipes leading to the sink, while bottled water is fresh and usually easy to get.

• Brohoof 1

It really depends on where you live and how good the tap water is in your area.  I live in the Pacific Northwest (near Seattle), and the tap water up here is actually better than most bottled waters.  So for me, I prefer tap.  But I used to live in various places in California, and the water there was consistently pretty gross.  So really, all this poll is is "Do you live in an area with good tap water?" :)

• Brohoof 1

Bottled water, definitely

Tap water in here can kill you with at least fifteen different ways, and only three of them are related to the germs factor.

(edited)

brita-water-filter.jpg

Behold, that which makes tap water drinkable without adding excessive costs for a natural resource! We have fine tap water where I live, but I like to purify it a bit further. We actually have multiple of these things and have them stored in the back fridge. I think it was a worthwhile investment over buying 30 packs of water every week.

Edited by Celtore
  • Brohoof 2

Some of the bottled water companies actually get there water from the tap, meaning the exact same place we get our sink water.

And some of those companies are actually processing the water before sealing it in bottles and pack it to the stores, so bottled water and tap water are (in certain cases) different.

(edited)
Water is purified by using the highly poisonous substance of ozone. Perfectly safe, of course.

aSQpPli.jpg

The salt in your food is made of a highly corrosive gas and an absurdly reactive metal, but it won't make you sick if consumed in moderate amount. if you want to provide a fun fact, at least make sure it's actually good.

Ozone water purification has been proven as totally harmless, as there is no residual effect from the gas. The entire process works by forcefully oxidizing harmful particles and killing bacteria with the free oxygen atom. Oh, and some bottling companies are using ultraviolet water purification. Both of these are much better than the usual chlorine treatment that will leave a bad taste in the water.

Edited by Starshine
  • Brohoof 4

In some places, tap water actually can be better. If it has a lot of minerals in it, it will taste good. Otherwise, you may just be accustomed to the chlorine. On the other hand, bottled water sometimes has been totally filtered down to nothing. Ever tasted distilled water? It's pure water with nothing else, period... and I find it disgusting. 

So yeah, tap water's quality depends on location. Personally, I don't like the tap water where I'm at. But with most bottled water, I find it to taste even worse. I like the kind you get from the machines at the store, where you buy the gallon jug and refill it. It's got minerals in it, and when you chill it to less than 38F, it tastes great. Plus it's 37 cents for a gallon, not much more than what you pay for the tap. :catface:

Of course, you can always buy the carbonated stuff from Germany for $5 a liter, which has no sweetener, so it's bitter... :P

(edited)

img-1431106-1-aSQpPli.jpg

The salt in your food is made of a highly corrosive gas and an absurdly reactive metal, but it won't make you sick if consumed in moderate amount. if you want to provide a fun fact, at least make sure it's actually good.

Ozone water purification has been proven as totally harmless, as there is no residual effect from the gas. The entire process works by forcefully oxidizing harmful particles and killing bacteria with the free oxygen atom. Oh, and some bottling companies are using ultraviolet water purification. Both of these are much better than the usual chlorine treatment that will leave a bad taste in the water.

Ok, first of all, I did say it was perfectly safe. So the salt thing, though actually still interesting by itself, was unneeded. Also, water is made up of two highly flammable gasses, but I can't just light a match and set it on fire. But hey, at least we get a large version of what I say. img-1431106-2-smile.png

And, another way that they purify water is by using a multi-layed mesh that acts as a permeable membrane using, I believe, a form of osmosis. As they pump water into the pipe where this mesh is located, it is filtered of any small particles that cannot fit through the extremely tiny pores in the mesh, only allowing water and very fine particles through. Thus making it safe to drink.

(Oops. Forgot to say "Fun Fact!".)

Edited by Just a 1 Trick Pon-3

Water is water xP There's no difference to me, I buy bottled water sometimes when I'm thirsty without a sink nearby. At home I just get my water bottle, fill it with sink water and leave in the fridge for a couple hours and it's basically the exact same as bottled water.

Although I did hear that sink water is healthy for your teeth or something.

I don't care much about sink water or bottle water,i just use the closest source to me, and in this case it's the sink water, but i drink bottled water sometimes.

For me i prefer bottled water.Im not actually sure if sink water was made for exactly drinking,but i do still drink out of the sink.Just mostly water bottles.

If there's bottled water available, I drink it. If there's no bottled water available, I drink milk. If there's no milk available, I drink coffee. If there's no coffee available, I don't drink anything. Until one of the 3 are available.

This isn't taking soda or tea in to account, we rarely have it available.

Eh,

To me it really doesn't matter. I don't drink bottled water because it cost money and why pay for something when you can get the same exact thing for free? I guess it just because of my location where water is readily available compared to other areas where water is scarce.