Sink water or bottled water

Gourgeist

What taste better  

172 users have voted

1. 1. Sink or water bottle?

• Sink
    • Water bottle

(edited)

Hard to say. Tap water tastes rather slimy and has the kind of flavor that makes me rather ill, but bottled water tastes like chemicals and has no real flavor whatsoever. Out of the two I'd go with bottled water, but my personal favorite would be refrigerated water.

Edited by Solar-Karma
  • Brohoof 1

We have a sink water filter installed, so it really doesn't make that much of a difference to us, anyways.

Though i prefer water with carbon dioxide more than just plain water. Like that prickly feeling.

Maybe it's because I'm cheap but I refuse to pay for something I can get for free. Also it irks me that they put a sell by date on water that apparently spent years working its way down a mountain.

Plus bottled water always tastes of plastic... Yeck.

• Brohoof 1

Lol I love the fun facts that everyone is coming up with! I loved reading this lol well anyways I went with bottled water only because sink water always taste nasty to me :3

Eh, I don't drink water much, just because idk I don't like it most of the time, i just drink it when I'm going to be practicing trumpet or maybe singing or something :P.

I guess I normally drink bottled water, although drinking to much of it kinda makes me sick. Then again sink water does the same really.

Most of the time I just fill up my water bottle with water from our fridge, or maybe the jug we have in the fridge.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Tap water for home consumption, though I keep bottled water on hand for when I have places to go. If I don't take a bottle with me I'm sure to get unbearably thirsty while on the road.

My preferred beverage at home is actually canned water. Seltzer water, aka club soda, to be exact. It's just plain, carbonated water. Comes in 1-liter bottles, 2-liter bottles, and cans.

Edited by Artemis

Ummm... Ok? This is a random topic but hey whatever.

I personally am the exact opposite of you. Sink water is horrid, while bottled water is so pure and fresh.

I will say that not all bottled water is created equal *cough cough Deer Park** but my absolute favorite water would have to be SmartWater. So good!

I agree with Ms. Love over here.

I find that sink water tastes like what i expect rust to taste like. 

Drink some fiji if you want some pure water =) Infact, fiji is so pure that if you leave it in the freezer without moving or disturbing it, it won't freeze... because the ice has no particles to grow on. THATS how pure it is. 

I will only drink tap water if it has been filtered or purified. Otherwise, I stick with Fiji bottled water. My house is full of empty Fiji bottles...I am sure I will find a use for all of them eventually...

Tap water.I live in Hawaii,so some of the best tap water around is available to me,thanks to the lava rock.I still filter though so I can have the purest water possible.Drink at least a few cups of water everyday,it's that good. yay.png

(edited)

The school has pretty good tap water, plus the fountains have bottle-filler nozzles. So I have no reason to drink bottled water anymore. I used to, because our house had really strong well water, but now that I'm on the city's water, I think it's just fine.

I drink as much water a day as possible. I have a 32oz bottle I bring to the gym, and I don't leave until I've had at least one full one. Some days I put away 2+ of those in only 2-3 hours.

Edited by AtomicBassCannon

Either is fine, though I usually drink tap since it's just convenient and less costly. The only times I drink bottled water is when someone is handing them out for free. I can't really taste a difference between tap water and bottled water, so I can't justify paying for what is largely the same.

Tap and bottled are both fine, the real enemy here is distilled water. Maybe it's because I grew up drinking hard water but I had cup of distilled water once and I was surprised that water could ever taste that terrible. 

I usually just drink filtered tap water when I'm at home. If I'm traveling I'm more inclined to drinking bottled water, but not Dasani, which tastes vaguely like a swimming pool and gave me a headache once...but (at the risk of being cliched) that's another story.

rainbow_dash_vector_not_amused_by_ownage

Sink water, YUCK! I'll take bottled water any day over the dreck that comes out of the sink. At least with bottled water, there are varieties of brands with different consistencies of mineral additives. Sink water is just sink water.

• Brohoof 1

Can't stand the tap water in my area. A lot of bottled water neighsayers like to point out "You know bottled water is the same stuff you get out of the tap, right?" but I beg to differ; the chlorine content is almost overpowering in my local tap water (even when filtered), but with most bottled brands, I barely taste any at all. Plus, most bottled water I've seen isn't...uh, cloudy.

The poor water quality here has actually become somewhat legendary, with "Ugh, Hollister water!" becoming something of a catchphrase among those unfortunate enough to have to resort to drinking it. As an elementary schooler, my friends and I would always joke that drinking from the school fountains would result in mutant sexual appendages growing out of our foreheads...good times. tongue.png

I like sink water more definitely. Especially when I'ts be filtered through a water filter it makes it taste even better but I think bottled water is still ok :).

Tap water just has a much more fresh feeling to me than bottled water. I just hate bottled water, but I'm not entirely sure why. Is it the brand of bottled water we usually buy?

(edited)

Here in Guam, most people buy water from stores by filling up five gallon jugs on reverse osmosis faucets, bottled water is very popular with people that work or go to school or college. 

As for the topic, I prefer the water you get from the reverse osmosis machines (or rather bottled water) because there is a bad belief that the water from the sink is not potable (and tastes horrible too).

Fun facts:

Some people prefer to bring a gallon of water as their 'drinking bottle' around the high schools or colleges in Guam.

The best bottled water brands to me on taste is Hawaii water from Hawaii (obviously) and Whistler water from British Columbia.

Edited by Flow (Naru)

Can't stand the tap water in my area. A lot of bottled water neighsayers like to point out "You know bottled water is the same stuff you get out of the tap, right?" but I beg to differ; the chlorine content is almost overpowering in my local tap water (even when filtered), but with most bottled brands, I barely taste any at all. Plus, most bottled water I've seen isn't...uh, cloudy.

I've heard comparisons of tap water to bottled water as well, but that's in regards to the tap water found in most cities. For most of my life I've lived in the boonies, where everyone draws their water from their own well. Because of that I can be called a water connoisseur. Since I'm accustomed to water straight out of the ground with no refinement or additives, the difference between well water, bottled water, and city tap water is easily discernible to me. Compare bottled water to tap water and you may find that neither one is better for you than the other, but there's a definite difference in taste.

Also a member of the boonies club, the tap water in my house is pretty shit quality.  All you taste is rust.

Thankfully, there's a Culligan nearby, so I've become well acquainted with these.

bottledwater.jpg

(edited)

I've heard comparisons of tap water to bottled water as well, but that's in regards to the tap water found in most cities. For most of my life I've lived in the boonies, where everyone draws their water from their own well. Because of that I can be called a water connoisseur. Since I'm accustomed to water straight out of the ground with no refinement or additives, the difference between well water, bottled water, and city tap water is easily discernible to me. Compare bottled water to tap water and you may find that neither one is better for you than the other, but there's a definite difference in taste.

I don't think I've ever actually drunk well water, but it must be pretty nice to have constant access to more-or-less pure water source. For me, the best and purest water I've ever tasted came from a spring I found on a hiking trail; I'd realized halfway through the hike that I hadn't brought nearly enough bottled water with me, so to keep from dehydrating I drank from the spring which I figured would be safe enough, since it was flowing over rocks. As lame as this sounds, drinking it seriously made me feel as though I'd been French-kissed by an angel or something, it was that amazing...

...Plus I didn't get dysentery or anything like that, so I assume I did the right thing.

Edited by Lowline
  • Brohoof 1

It doesn't really matter, bottled water isn't completely stripped of pollution.

There was even a report on the news of a very popular water brand who was exposed dor just selling water straight from their sink... really makes you think. Even filters don''t guarantee absolutely clean water.

Your best bet is to buy "Distilled Water" if you wish to have pure liquid hydrogen.