Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sink water or bottled water

Gourgeist

What taste better  

172 users have voted

1. 1. Sink or water bottle?

• Sink
    • Water bottle

I honestly don't mind if I drink tap or bottled water. Though, the problem with bottled water is that I'd have to purchase it at the supermarket, which my parents don't want.

• Brohoof 2

I like sink water, where I am living. For the bottled water I prefer it to be carbonated so it feels more distinct from tap water.
The taste can be remarkably different, but currently it would be very uneconomical for me to buy only bottled water. I drink a lot.
Also it just feels wrong to horde plastic bottles when it's not necessary.

I only get water bottels if I'm desperate. 

I do have a metal water bottle that I bring to school, so I don't have to buy plastic bottles. Sometimes I just forget to bring it hehe.

So I'd say sink water.

(edited)

Most of the time I drink tea, made from tap water, but I can also drink tap water. Bottled water is really expensive (something like 400EUR/m^3) compared to tap water and I would have to go buy it anyway, so if I am going to buy it, I might as well buy some Baikal, ice tea or Coca-Cola.

Edited by Pentium100

I kinda hate the taste of bottled water, even when it is refrigerated. The cheaper water, like the ones that are basically just tap water in disguise is actually more tasty. Water is very tasty when it is cold, and clean, and no weird minerals or sh*t in it.

Tap water. It's actually much cheaper than bottled water and despite what most people think, drinking tap water will not kill you. People should really check their local water district, since they are required to disclose the particulates in tap water and whether it is safe to drink – at worst, if you live in a fairly polluted area, you should buy a good water filter. Tap water costs roughly half a cent per gallon, while bottled water goes for around $1.50/gallon. The plastic literally costs more than the water inside.

Bottled water is also no less susceptible to bacterial and viral contamination as 14 brands had to recall in back in 2015 due to E. coli contamination.

• 4 months later...

Tap water but have it filtered first. As long as it is clean enough. I mean I do like mountain water or fiji water or whatever occasionally. Some bottled water is bad anyways lol

I do prefer bottled water, but we recently got a new fridge with a water and ice dispenser thing, so I've been getting water out of there too lately.

Sink water only for boiling it in the kettle. Otherwise I don't want to drink chlorinated water, which goes to my house across the half of my city through the old pipes

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

For the poll I had to pick bottled water because there was no option for FILTERED tap (sink) water.

Here in Michigan we have some of the best tap water in the world due to the Great Lakes. It does have chlorine, minerals, and whatever else in it that you can taste though.:mlp_gag: I drink it, but you can taste a difference vs bottled/filtered water.

In the winter I usually simmer a pot of water for humidity when I'm home and there is always a bunch of white flaky crap left in the pot after the water evaporates. Also If I use the tap water in a cool mist ultrasonic humidifier, it makes very fine white dust on stuff in the immediate area.:yeahno:

My parents have a refrigerator with a filter and the taste difference in the water is VERY noticeable.

I bought stuff a while ago for installing a filter and secondary tap at my own house, but I have so many other little projects to do with the house first that it's gonna be a while before I get around to installing it.:mlp_please:

2015687879_filtersetup.jpg.47d5331fd2513c3f0262e841c00305fc.jpg

(Very similar to this)

Edited by Cirrus.
  • Brohoof 1

You never drink water from the sink in Mexico. I don't care if it's supposedly clean (according to some people), I don't trust it. Though I would drink it if it had a filter but they don't let me do that here at home so I'm doomed to pay for my daily intake of water.

Edited by Ittoni
  • Brohoof 2

• 9 months later...

Depends on the country I'm in. Where I live I usually drink only water from the sink because it's safe and really clean and I don't like to carry bottles of water.

I prefer spring water out of the ground. There's a couple springs on my property, but I've yet to try them.

I ordered a countertop water distiller since the tap water here has fluoride in it and tastes funny at my house. I think its cuz of the plastic pipes. Has a chemical/plastic taste. Water tastes fine out of the spigot near my shop but those pipes are older.

Also, I don't like to drink bottled water much. It's nearly impossible to remove all of the monomers from the plastics used in bottles. Don't be fooled by the BPA Free label. Often times, manufacturers will use a substitute from the same family, such as BPS (Bisphenol-S), which is also an endocrine disruptor.