Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sink water or bottled water

Gourgeist

What taste better  

172 users have voted

1. 1. Sink or water bottle?

• Sink
    • Water bottle

It doesn't really matter, bottled water isn't completely stripped of pollution.

There was even a report on the news of a very popular water brand who was exposed dor just selling water straight from their sink... really makes you think. Even filters don''t guarantee absolutely clean water.

Your best bet is to buy "Distilled Water" if you wish to have pure liquid hydrogen.

Dihydrogen monoxide*

Liquid hydrogen is very cold and under high pressure no human should drink it if they wish to live

But yeah both tap and bottled have either lots of germs or chemicals such as chlorine and fluoride (good for your dental health and ridding of the plague but terrible for digestive health)

You can drink Distilled Water, but it lacks minerals needed to live.

Distilled Water: Water that has been purrified. It's just H2O, it has nothing your body can use for a source of energy; however, distilled water allows the body to rid of its toxins and acids. It does this by absorbing dangerous amounts of carbon dioxide. Carbon dioxide is what makes it harmful.

Frequent intake of carbon dioxide through the digestive system is harmful, sometimes fatal. One could drink distilled water once a week and see the benefits of ridding the body of its toxins; but do not drink too much of this stuff...

Source: http://www.mercola.com/article/water/distilled_water.htm

You can drink Distilled Water, but it lacks minerals needed to live.

Distilled Water: Water that has been purrified. It's just H2O, it has nothing your body can use for a source of energy; however, distilled water allows the body to rid of its toxins and acids. It does this by absorbing dangerous amounts of carbon dioxide. Carbon dioxide is what makes it harmful.

Frequent intake of carbon dioxide through the digestive system is harmful, sometimes fatal. One could drink distilled water once a week and see the benefits of ridding the body of its toxins; but do not drink too much of this stuff...

Source: http://www.mercola.com/article/water/distilled_water.htm

XD that's funny

First big problem here

I have relatives that drink nothing but distilled water

Second problem here carbon dioxide exits the body constantly as you breath at an extreme rate that easily could account for potential excessive amounts in a water source

Third problem all water contains carbon dioxide unless its kept away from the atmosphere and distilled water has just as much (it's very little though)

And vitamins are easily obtained elsewhere

• Brohoof 1

Sink water is usually disgusting, and I avoid it like the plague. However, I've got access to wonderful reverse osmosis water that's crystal clear and refreshing. I'll drink bottled water too, but often times it tastes too.... plasticy.

How about purified tap water?  No option for that? 

Also, gotta give tap water its props for one thing.  The NY/NJ tri state area's tap water is the key ingredient in new York's distinctive, floppy thin crust pizza. 

I much prefer tap water...bottled water tastes like plastic and its icky and eeeeeeewwwblegh.

The sink water we get comes right from the bay (After going through water treatment) So we filter it out an stuff...try to get out all dem bad chemicals. Then we put it through this thing called Sentevia which puts all the good minerals back into the water.

I am also from a really tiny town so our water is nothing like city water...there is a difference...trust me ph34r.png

XD that's funny

First big problem here

I have relatives that drink nothing but distilled water

Second problem here carbon dioxide exits the body constantly as you breath at an extreme rate that easily could account for potential excessive amounts in a water source

Third problem all water contains carbon dioxide unless its kept away from the atmosphere and distilled water has just as much (it's very little though)

And vitamins are easily obtained elsewhere

Yeah that's true, but every internet source is biased or exagerated to some extent.

Everything is negative towards your health these days, as long as your immune system is fine you could drink tap water often.

The tap water here in East Indianapolis tastes terrible. Actually, I've never lived anywhere where the tap water tasted any better than terrible. Bottled water all the way.

• Brohoof 1

I hate bottled water so much. It makes me want to puke and just taste nyehyeyheyhehyehyeh bleh. 

On the other and I think water from a sink taste amazing. It has much more flavor and has much more of a pure feeling to it. 

Wow someone can actually hate pure bottled spring water and prefer the icky water from a sink?ohmy.png  Well now I've seen everything.wacko.png

Oh wow do I have a lot to say on this topic in support of the tap, but I will keep it short and just add some links for those interested. I am feeling lazy today (as well as avoiding homework ahh) so yea, no long paragraphs for me today!

Plastic bottles are the number 1 littered item in the world and a huge contributor to the Great Pacific Garbage Patch aka the Pacific Plastic Island.

But should we drink tap instead and band all plastic bottles? This is an interesting debate on the subject. And what's really in the water anyway?

But isn't drinking out of a plastic container over and over bad for you (because of bacteria and chemicals like PET & BPA)? National Geographic says that it is.

So I'll just use a reusable stainless steel or glass bottle and it's fine right?

Maybe, but isn't there stuff like Fluoride and Chlorine in our tap water? Yes fluoride is added to most drinking water systems, here is what the EPA says about it. Yes chlorine is added to your tap water as well, wikipedia.

So which one is better for you? Here are two more articles on the subject here & here.

And then there is the issue of well water.

My advice? Don't buy bottled water on the issue of throwing away and/or re-using plastic alone. Re-use your own stainless steel or glass bottle. But to drink tap or not to drink tap? I do, but if you feel funny about it, you have options.

Test your tap & buy a water filtration system. Or fill your re-usable bottle with Culigan or other treated/filtered water. If it's under 1 gallon most places will let you have it for free.

When doing your research though, be careful. Some information posing as valid scientifically proven data may be nothing more than an advertisement or paid article.

Happy drinking!

(edited)

I like jug water the most. Nothing beats Music Mountain and Walmart spring water.

But I think the TC and other people who voted sink water must have never tried pure spring water and only water with minerals in it like Dasani or something. I admit Dasani and other bottled waters that are "enhanced with minerals for taste" as the companies put it are nothing to brag about but I know that there is absolutely no contest between pure bottled spring water and sink water. Sink water tastes icky and yucky compared to pure bottled spring water. I know that for a fact.

Edited by Asbel Lhant

I like jug water the most. Nothing beats Music Mountain and Walmart spring water.

But I think the TC and other people who voted sink water must have never tried pure spring water and only water with minerals in it like Dasani or something. I admit Dasani and other bottled waters that are "enhanced with minerals for taste" as the companies put it are nothing to brag about but I know that there is absolutely no contest between pure bottled spring water and sink water. Sink water tastes icky and yucky compared to pure bottled spring water. I know that for a fact.

I had plenty of pure bottled spring water, or I think I did at least -- Zephyrhills always advertised themselves as "natural spring water".  It's a pretty popular brand (or at least standard) in Florida, so I've had my fair share of spring water and, I must say, I'm not all that impressed.

For those of you who think tap or bottled or some specific brand has a better taste

Your taste adapts to your water source so if you continually drink a certain brand of bottled water or rap water from a certain city you will generally get to like it better than other water

A few exceptions being water that has a high concentration of strong tasting chemicals and drinking water that's similar to what you usually have that you happen to like better and for some people pure or purer water tastes better

Otherwise you will like what you continue to drink and can adapt to new water sources in about a week or two if you want to

Tap water all the way. I dislike the taste of plastic in my water and I refuse to buy "artisan" water that some brands label themselves as. The tap water where I live isn't the best either. Last summer it was brown and smelled a bit rancid for about a month. If I was really concerned, there would be a reverse osmosis filter on the tap. Incidentally there is a spring not far from my house. I don't really notice that much of a difference.

• 4 weeks later...

I am for Sink water. Bottled water of course has the plastic left over, but I had a rather eye-opening experience with my biology teacher about bottled water. Apparently what they make the plastic out of can really toxicate the water and will damage reproduction cells. That, and apparently there was an uproar when Nestle went and took some water out of a public spring, and they ended up destroying some of the local ecosystem. I will just get a metal container and fill it up with my home water if I need to go somewhere :/

In some area's around me the tap tastes great! Far cleaner than Bottled or so it would "seem" But in other areas yeeeeeeeuck!!! It tastes of stale fish water gag ! lol

(edited)

I love drinking it straight from the sink, since my country has one of the cleanest water in the world that is no problem. So water in a bottle is nothing like the cold water straight from the sink. I just like drinking from it, don't normally use a glass for it. It happened a few years ago, that a massive earthquake damaged the water supply so I had to drink bottled water for a week. It was ok, but the water straight from the sink is still a lot better.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94

This is funny. Just as I clicked on this thread, the news on my TV started talking about how bottled water is not good for you. But I'll still stay bottled water. Even though sink water is safe, I still don't feel comfortable drinking it.

This is the most random topic I've seen so far! XD

Anyways, I have to say sink water, it's resourceful, does not require plastic, and it's free!

I do like bottled too, but at times, it can be very weird or not to refreshing.  

Hmm, I find this a hard dilemma. Tap water where I live is not the best, lots of iron from the pipes and chlorinated a bit, but not unbearably bad. I really hate producing waste in the form of plastic bottles, but when I am on the go, I always forget to refill a bottle at home and end up buying bottled water. I tend to buy local brands that are obtained from artesian bores, taste is ok...

What I really love though is drinking water stright from natural springs. The wilder the better. I actually like a little taste of leaf litter or soil in my water, a certain earthiness, just makes it taste so real. I'm not afraid of bugs :D

Not tap water, but double filtered water from my fridge is the best. Water bottles are good too, there's not much of a difference in my opinion.

Tap water from other places from where I live tastes terrible for some reason, though.

(edited)

Tap water seems to taste much better than most bottled water, in my opinion. I don't know why, but I think it's gotta be how they purify it or something...

...has anyone else ever drank from the shower-head?

Edited by Sovereign

I hate bottled water. It has a certain taste to it that I just can't stand.

However, the sink tastes fine to me. My friends think it's gross though. <_<