Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sink water or bottled water

Gourgeist

What taste better  

172 users have voted

1. 1. Sink or water bottle?

• Sink
    • Water bottle

Sink water, definitely. Sink water is cheaper, its's better for the environment, it's cheaper, it's less effort to fill a cup of tapwater than it is to walk to the nest town to find a store that sells bottled water, it's cheaper, and most importantly, it's cheaper. Tell me, what kind of person would burn their own money, and the planet, just for a bottle of water that has a few less minerals mixed in?

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

Er, neither. Bottled water makes a huge amount of waste and sink water is never cold enough and tends to have a very metallic taste. So I use one of those filter jug thingies that you fill up at the sink. The water tastes nicer and it's always cold. XD

Edited by Suigintou

I hate bottled water so much. It makes me want to puke and just taste nyehyeyheyhehyehyeh bleh. 

On the other and I think water from a sink taste amazing. It has much more flavor and has much more of a pure feeling to it. 

Around here sink water is nastyyyy, just tastes all chemically and gross and just... bleck.  Bottled water CAN be gross, some of it is too sweet for my tastes.  But like, aquafina?  I love that stuff.  Purified water from a purifier is really good too.  And Gatorade.  But that's not water.  It's Gatorade.  

Anyone that answered bottled that doesnt live in a third world country has gone full pleb mode. In a lot of cases, bottled water is literally taken straight from the tap and then purified, which doesnt mean shit if you live in an industrialized country since the water there is already purified. Its the exact same water, you're just choosing to pay for something you can get for a negligible cost from your own home

Sink,

"whatever that doesn't kill you makes you stronger" also i think is kind of funny to taste how different water can be from one place to another also bottle drinkers will not survive the Zombie apocalypse, cholera will take them first. img-1430698-1-derpy_emoticon2.png

How do you get to that conclusion? 

As for my choices, I avoid sink water. I don't know that people actually drink it. I think it's only fit for washing dishes and heat boiling. Bottled water is likely not even better but if you get the right kinds then you will drink better water. Filtered water is the finest water though. Especially one that rids fluoride from water.

It doesn't really matter to me, as long as I get some water. I usually prefer bottled water since it is pretty easy to transport, but I always come back to my lady tap water.

Bottled water all the time! You just don't drink tap water in my house... unless you want an ever present taste of chlorine and stinkbugs on your tastebuds. How do I know it tastes like stinkbugs? I got really thirsty one night \(._.)/

Though, if it's available, I'll definitely drink well water, hell, I've drank water seeping out of a rock face before XD That was such good water *-*

I have to say bottled water, because right now my sink water is horrible. It stinks and it just geh! If you put it in a container you'll see that it's kinda whitish, so yeah, bottled water all the way. Even though I'm not very fond of water to begin with.

(edited)

Neither.

We get our drinking water from a free open source/public spring...It's the best water I've had..and our tap water is not that great, it's cloudy and full of particles....and bottled water is just too damned expensive.  We fill our 5 gallon water cooler jugs at the open spring and set them on our water cooler...no filtering needed, and it's crystal clear and very low particulates in the water. Best of all it's totally free. We got 7 water jugs we fill up whenever we head to the city, and we grab our water along the way.

Edited by Flutter Dash

I always prefer to drink water out of a bottle.  A lot of public water sources are heavily fluoridated, and Sodium Fluoride is very harmful to the developing brain.

Sink water is actually the only choice because tap water IS what bottled water is, except bottled water has the added bonus of absorbing chemicals that cause cancer from it's plastic container.

Tap water tastes just as good as bottled water because they're the same thing. Trust me, growing up poor, I've been drinking tap water all my life. It actually tastes BETTER than bottled water in my opinion because it doesn't absorb the plastic taste.

Not to mention that tap water is regulated while bottled water (In the US) isn't regulated at all unless it crosses a state line (Most does not).

Ever since a notice in my town years ago, that being that there was reportedly led in the water, I have become very cautious about tap water. I think that was resolved a long time ago, but I am still paranoid. I acknowledge that bad things could be in bottled water as well, I just feel that the chances are quite less. Now, if the tap water has gone through a purification filter of some kind, then I am perfectly fine with it and will drink it A LOT, nice and cold. 

Mmm...sink water is so good.

But my parents won't let me drink it unless they boil it or something.  Then it tastes like nothingness.  I suppose its for the best though...

Bottled water is also horrible.  Mineral water can be...uh...okay.

Anyone that answered bottled that doesnt live in a third world country has gone full pleb mode. In a lot of cases, bottled water is literally taken straight from the tap and then purified, which doesnt mean shit if you live in an industrialized country since the water there is already purified. Its the exact same water, you're just choosing to pay for something you can get for a negligible cost from your own home

RIGHT ON MAN! YOU BOTTLED WATER DRINKIN FOOLS ARE STEWWWPIIIDDDDD  *throws up deuces*  

lol... my tap water is most definitely not already purified, it tastes like chlorine.  I could buy a filter I suppose, but I've just never thought to.  

Gotta have that bottled water, all day erry day.

But seriously, the tap water where I live isn't that good, so when I drink water I drink bottled Ozarka water. Sometimes I drink cheap brand, but I don't care for Aquafina or Nestle.  They just tasted weird.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Gotta have that bottled water, all day erry day.

But seriously, the tap water where I live isn't that good, so when I drink water I drink bottled Ozarka water. Sometimes I drink cheap brand, but I don't care for Aquafina or Nestle.  They just tasted weird.

yeah I've noticed this even at water fountains around where I live.  There's a chemically after taste, it's like I'm drinking water from a swimming pool or something.  This isn't the case EVERYWHERE in this town, but most places.  Though the dude I quoted earlier is probably right about it being cheaper to just buy a filter rather than buying it bottled, but don't go acting like all tap water is already purified hahahaha it's so not.  

Edited by Symph
  • Brohoof 1

I haven't drank tap water (sink water) in 3 years. It's legitimately bad for you; I hate the taste too. unless you got a water filter don't drink that crap. Bottled water, or get a gallon jug from the store. Anything but taps.

• Brohoof 1

I haven't drank tap water (sink water) in 3 years. It's legitimately bad for you; I hate the taste too. unless you got a water filter don't drink that crap. Bottled water, or get a gallon jug from the store. Anything but taps.

This was what I always thought too, I didn't know there was another way to see it... this thread has illuminated my mind to possibilities I didn't know existed like POW

Sink water it better than bottled. First of all bottled water harms the environment because of the empty plastic bottles while sink water is put into cups and reusable bottles. Also sink water has a bit more flavor while bottled water is completely plain.

Definitely bottled water. The sink water in my house tastes like absolute shit. I don't mind sink water as long as it tastes decent, but mine just tastes really really bad :/

• Brohoof 1