Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

[Fundraiser] Help Poniverse Get To BronyCon!

Twilight Sparkle ✨

hobocorn reword.png

Special thanks to Mareinthemoon for this picture! Go commission her.

As all of you should know by now, Poniverse / MLP Forums has been invited to BronyCon and we’re going to have our very own table and panel in Baltimore this August! You see, in order for me, Feld0, to get to BronyCon safe and sound, we’re going to need to raise somewhere in the ballpark of $2,000 CAD. This includes plane tickets, hotel, food expenses, etc.

Of course, like we did for the now-officially-concluded Making Christmas Merrier fundraiser, we’re giving out very wonderful prizes to those generous enough to help us make it to BronyCon this year. More prizes may be added as time goes by, and unlike Making Christmas Merrier, none of them will be the kind that can be ridiculously delayed in their fulfillment.

Without further ado, the prizes!

Tier Level 1 ($5) – You will receive:
For every $5 you donate, you will receive one ticket in a raffle to win a 1-year-long subscription to Poniverse (valued at $120)! No one wants to let this chance slip from their grasp.

Tier Level 2 ($10) - You will receive:
A $10 donation will get you a spiffy badge and user colour different from the usual subscriber gold. The badges and colours will last from the time they are granted through August 12 - one week after BronyCon ends.

Tier Level 3 ($20) - You will receive:
A donation of $20 will get you all of the above + a letter written and signed by all the staff going to BronyCon. A great addition to anyone’s collection!

Tier Level 4 ($40) - You will receive:
Anyone who donates $40 will receive all of the above + the opportunity to go out for dinner with me and the rest of the Poniverse staff attending BronyCon. You need to find your own way to Baltimore, though!

Everything looks great! How do I contribute?

There are two ways! PayPal and direct credit/debit card payment options are available regardless of which way you donate.

1. Click here and enter your donation amount, or...
  2. Find the donation block on the forum homepage, just beneath the BronyCon ad, and click the "Donate" button to drop some bits in the jar! Screenshot below:

ss (2013-05-04 at 12.33.59).png

How many subscriptions are being raffled off?

The number of subscriptions we give away depends on how much money we raise. For every $500 raised, an additional subscription will be added to the raffle.

• $0-$500 = 1 subscription
  • $500-$1000 = 2 subscriptions
  • $1000-$1500 = 3 subscriptions
  • $2000 = 4 subscriptions

If we break the $2000 goal, we'll double the number of available subscriptions, and continue adding 2 more subscriptions for every additional $500 past the goal.

If all goes to plan, I’ll see you at Baltimore this August, and will personally thank all those who donated and made this possible for myself and the Poniverse community.  If not for your faithful and loyal support you’ve shown us over the past year, we would not be where we are today, and Poniverse would probably never have been conceived. Thank you for supporting us all the way through!

rainbow_dash_by_whiro153-d59xgt6.jpg

• Brohoof 37

(edited)
colour different from the usual subscriber gold

Now... pink and we've a deal. x)

I'm just kidding... it's nice to see that the fundraiser is finally up and running. A bit later than expected but i guess we've enough time to reach the goals by the time anyway. smile.png

And... first donation sent. (A tiny amount, maybe i'll be able to donate more as we get closer. :V)

Edited by Leafeon
  • Brohoof 6

Darnit, I donated a few days ago already. Now I don't have any money to spare but if I keep looking at that hugely adorable picture in the top I might get diabetes and end up donating anyway.

You know what? I'll see what I can do.

• Brohoof 3

Now... pink and we've a deal. x)

GENIUS

LETS SCAM ZOOP INTO MAKING THIS

FOR JUST US

I WANT IT

Group: Pink

Colour: Pink

YES

At any rate, I have sadly no budget available to donate, I wish you guys good luck on your efforts.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I took the liberty of making a donation to help get you to Bronycon, I feel that it is an honor to get invited and have your own booth in there, sadly I'm stuck here in Guam and I can't be there to attend. The donation is the least I could do for you.

Hope you'll enjoy everything the con has to offer!

~ Flow (Naru)

Edited by Flow (Naru)
  • Brohoof 2

*looks at money on desk*

I have about $20 I can pitch in. My only question is: How can I give it to you?

•I don't have a credit card

•I don't have a Paypal

• Brohoof 1

I can't donate, but I wish I could. Poniverse sounds super duper cool and I can't wait for you guys to open it. I'll be giving you moral support behind the internet!

51719-animated-applejack-fluttershy-grou

• Brohoof 2

If I get this car sold (Old Crappy Car) I think I can donate about $100 maybe $150. Im not getting much for the car and I need to use some of the money for job related stuff, but Id be happy to put some towards this trip ^_^

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

post-10241-0-38165800-1367672240.jpg

CELESTIA DAMN IT FELD0!

If you wait for at least five months I can support that poor filly in a cardbox. This new policy forbids me to work until few months. I need to wait.

Edited by Sky Warden

A $10 donation will get you a spiffy badge and user colour different from the usual subscriber gold. The badges and colours will last from the time they are granted through August 12 - one week after BronyCon ends

And when are those super unique badges granted?

Anyways, I'll see if I can donate. I need all money I can get this summer since I'll be doing a couple of things.

But I hope I can help. I'll donate if you promise to get the whole panel of yours recorded so I can watch it!

btw

For some reason I can't see the amount of money I have donated..

fWjJWEW.png

And when are those super unique badges granted?

Anyways, I'll see if I can donate. I need all money I can get this summer since I'll be doing a couple of things.

But I hope I can help. I'll donate if you promise to get the whole panel of yours recorded so I can watch it!

btw

For some reason I can't see the amount of money I have donated..

fWjJWEW.png

Everfree Radio is live streaming it and Recording it I believe.

So thats all down and done :3

Im gonna be watching the whole thing myself :3

I can't go, so y'all better have a blast.  Sadly, my vacation time this year was allocated long before I knew MLP Forums would have a presence at the con.

Cash should be in the account now.  Hope you guys reach the goal!

• Brohoof 2

No offence here, but why can't you just pay your own trip? 

Asking other to pay for you can be rather.....Annoying to some people. 

No offence. 

No offence. 

Im not in a position to answer this fully...but... Its my belief that alot of money already went towards getting our booth and assisting other staff to getting to Bronycon and we didn't have quite enough to get Feld0 there.

So thats what this fundraiser is for.

No offence. 

I'm sure no one will take offense, but well, Feld0 is the reason why we have this wonderful forum in the first place. It's not like he's asking anyone to foot the entire bill... just donate a bit, if you can. No one is being forced into anything, but it would be a good gesture of gratitude for the person who made it possible for us to be talking here.

(edited)

Everfree Radio is live streaming it and Recording it I believe.

So thats all down and done :3

Im gonna be watching the whole thing myself :3

Yeah I know EFN (They extended the site and changed name to Everfree Network, now it's only the radio section that's called EFR) they are livestreaming it all, I watched it the last time.

But I don't think they are recording every single panel though..

Oh well I hope I can watch it anyways somehow

btw I think we should start a "Get Jokuc to bronycon" too laugh.png

Edited by Jokuc

Yeah I know EFN (They extended the site and changed name to Everfree Network, now it's only the radio section that's called EFR) they are livestreaming it all, I watched it the last time.

But I don't think they are recording every single panel though..

Oh well I hope I can watch it anyways somehow

btw I think we should start a "Get Jokuc to bronycon" too laugh.png

I believe I was told they are recording this panel. Im not positive, but Im fairly sure they are. If not , I'll tell Key Gear to take photos :P xD

@,

Photos are meh, you know I want to hear what they are saying! And see how everyone watching is reacting. But well I'm sure at least someone will record it

No offence. 

And still many use this method through sites like Kickstarter, which turns out to be quite successful. A way for people to get through with their ideas and plans with the assistance of others.

Something Poniverse could need if you ask me.

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

And still many use this method through sites like Kickstarter, which turns out to be quite successful. A way for people to get through with their ideas and plans with the assistance of others.

Something Poniverse could need if you ask me.

I thought this was supposed to get Feld0 to bronycon.

As in, he would not pay a single dice and just let other pay up. 

And seeing how others are willing to pay over $100 it makes me sick.

Edited by Vicke

Close thread, walk away.  Don't do it if you don't agree.  It's not a difficult concept.

As I've already stated in your status update:

tumblr_mf7mo2wSqP1rmnu20o1_400.gif

• Brohoof 8

I can't confirm what exactly all the money will go towards, all i know is that the fundraiser was planned and started in order to help Poniverse in general, and by helping Feld0, you're also helping Poniverse. Win win? No?

Ultimately, it's your decision if you want donate for such cause. No one is forced to do so. :)

• Brohoof 3

Considering Feld0 only just yesterday turned 18, and is throwing out a couple hundred dollars a month just to keep the MLP Forums and all other sites connected to the poniverse network running, it shouldn't be much of a surprise he doesn't have $2,000 to dedicate to getting to BronyCon.

Feld0's main source of "income" is the hosting he provides for websites and Minecraft servers. Even then I think that's mostly dedicated to keeping his own servers and systems up and running.

As much as I can understand why you would find this odd Vicke, it's good to remember that Feld0 is a highschool student trying to get to college shortly after. Frankly the amount of time he's spent on Poniverse as a whole while still holding priority of things in real life is surprising, and for that I think it's plenty justified that he start this fund raiser. ;)

• Brohoof 13