Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

[Fundraiser] Help Poniverse Get To BronyCon!

Twilight Sparkle ✨

(edited)

Just to reinforce what Marcato said guys, Donations are all completely voluntary, we aren't forcing anyone to do anything. Poniverse is a very important piece of this site, or moreover the other way around, MLP Forums is an important part of Poniverse. Feld0's main funds go straight to supporting this site and his many other sites that he has up and running which doesn't come all too cheap considering the amount of sites he DOES have to upkeep.

This fundraiser is to assist Feld0 in traveling to BronyCon so he can represent the sites that he built and loves to work on and to show the Brony masses a place where they can hang out in a nice community such as ours. It's not often such a large effort goes into a fundraiser like this, but when it does go into effect, it's important and every little bit helps. We aren't asking everyone to give us the shirt on their back, just those who would happily support and give whatever little they are willing to give.

Thats why the incentives exist, to give something in return for all your support in this matter smile.png

Sorry to basically repeat what Silver said, but It's also my view on this matter and needs to be reinforced. happy.png

Edited by Dawn♥Rider
  • Brohoof 5

Sounds like a plan! It will be very good to raise that much money, so Poniverse and especially the rest of the forums to get to BronyCon. It will all be worth it, when the $2,000 is achieved and we will be rooting you guys on from the internet sidelines.

131627797208.gif

• Brohoof 1

If someone on the staff who is going to BronyCon can guarantee they will make and wear a shirt there that says "XFizzle is my Doctor", I will donate $50. 

For. Realsies.

• Brohoof 1

I think I've got a few bits to share :3 Just need to wait until it's transferred to my Paypal account and I'll be throwing my part in. That dinner with you guys sounds really good, but unfortunately I can't make it there myself :(

Hope this fundraiser works out :)

(edited)

If someone on the staff who is going to BronyCon can guarantee they will make and wear a shirt there that says "XFizzle is my Doctor", I will donate $50. 

For. Realsies.

I totally would if I could go to bronycon.. ;~;

Oh shit that gives me the best idea.. Put a couple of names of my favorite users on the forums along with a short sentence that "describes" them (like "Tom thinks Trixie is Worst Pony") on a t-shirt design and buy it biggrin.png

Edited by Jokuc

I'm going to donate regardless, but these prizes are terrible lol it's like someone sucked creative out of the room when coming up with ideas for incentives. 

I'm going to donate regardless, but these prizes are terrible lol it's like someone sucked creative out of the room when coming up with ideas for incentives.

Actually, there was a decent amount of time put into what the incentives would be. With the mixed opinions about the "Making Christmas Merrier" Fundraiser from before, and how many people actually didn't want the prizes to begin with, the raffle failed and proved not much of an incentive at all.

There are other things to motivate people to donate as well, such as marco's Live Stream Singing that took place tonight. This means that what is displayed in the thread is not the only motivation. :)

Yes, the prizes aren't much, but in reality they were chosen based on the fact that people weren't all that interested in the previous raffle. ;)

The prizes don't have to be creative or clever. They just have to provide a backing. :D

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

I'd actually very much appreciate it if someone held up a little sign that said "Flow (Naru) is Key Gear's favorite weeaboo" at the booth.

.....Most likely it won't happen.

Edited by Flow (Naru)
  • Brohoof 1

I just donated $40, though I don't have any way of getting to Baltimore... but that's alright. As long as I help you guys get there, it's fine. ;)

• Brohoof 4

I thought this was supposed to get Feld0 to bronycon.

As in, he would not pay a single dice and just let other pay up.

And seeing how others are willing to pay over $100 it makes me sick.

Let's frame this in a slightly different way. Feld0 at present has about 4,678 hours logged on this forum. Of his 2,800 posts, less than 817 are in non 'serious business' areas of the forum. Nearly every moment he spends here is spent on some sort of work related activity, which is supplemented by the many, many hours that he has spent on off-site development and promotion of MLP Forums and the Poniverse in general.

I'll be pretty conservative and say that he's spent 500 hours total on site related work while not logged in on the forum.

it's more than that.

With that number in mind, if we think about this fundraiser as Feld0's salary for the last year and change, it comes out to less than $0.40 an hour. But, then the question becomes --- what about subscriptions and ad revenue, right? Surely we profit on that?

No, we don't. All of that money goes toward server costs and other expenses.

Something else to consider: Feld0 is looking at this primarily as a business trip to further promote and spread the word about the forum and the Poniverse concept. Will there be time for happy fun times? You bet! Is that what most of his time is going to be put toward? Nope!

Look, I don't mean to offend you or to be a dick... but the truth of the matter is that Feld0 has kept this site up and running ridiculously well with pretty much no vacation time to speak of since October third, 2011. How often does he ever ask anything for himself? I've been here since the day this place opened, and I can tell you - not very often.

• Brohoof 10

Let's frame this in a slightly different way. Feld0 at present has about 4,678 hours logged on this forum. Of his 2,800 posts, less than 817 are in non 'serious business' areas of the forum. Nearly every moment he spends here is spent on some sort of work related activity, which is supplemented by the many, many hours that he has spent on off-site development and promotion of MLP Forums and the Poniverse in general.

I'll be pretty conservative and say that he's spent 500 hours total on site related work while not logged in on the forum.

it's more than that.

With that number in mind, if we think about this fundraiser as Feld0's salary for the last year and change, it comes out to less than $0.40 an hour. But, then the question becomes --- what about subscriptions and ad revenue, right? Surely we profit on that?

No, we don't. All of that money goes toward server costs and other expenses.

Something else to consider: Feld0 is looking at this primarily as a business trip to further promote and spread the word about the forum and the Poniverse concept. Will there be time for happy fun times? You bet! Is that what most of his time is going to be put toward? Nope!

Look, I don't mean to offend you or to be a dick... but the truth of the matter is that Feld0 has kept this site up and running ridiculously well with pretty much no vacation time to speak of since October third, 2011. How often does he ever ask anything for himself? I've been here since the day this place opened, and I can tell you - not very often.

I have no words. I do agree with everything that you've said.

Thanks for the reminder i guess, and now i feel guilty. Now i feel forced to donate.

Damn you Zoop!

I have no words. I do agree with everything that you've said.

Thanks for the reminder i guess, and now i feel guilty. Now i feel forced to donate.

Damn you Zoop!

The amount of time and energy this place sucks up can be easy to not know about, or to forget about when you're not in the thick of things.

Not out to make you feel guilty or to push you into donating, I just figured it needed to be said - the guy works himself far harder than I would consider to be healthy, after all. :)

:P I get where Vicke's coming from. Given the state of affairs today, tossing a lot of money into something extraneous can be a little touchy. But I look at this in several ways. First, is everything that Zoop laid out in his post up there. BTW.. way to carry Smile Smile Smile last night... just beautiful. 

The next point is more of a personal story. When I was Feld0's age, I had people online who looked out for me. When a new game came out, and I didn't have enough money to pick up the next expansion, suddenly one would show up at my door. If we had a team convention, someone was always there to make sure I got to it. I'm in a much better place than I was 10 years ago. Could I pay his plane ticket outright? Hell no, but can I chip in a few bucks, make Dawn Rider sing, and see some people have a good time? You bet your sweet plot I can. It's my turn in the generational loop to help out, so I do what I can. 

• Brohoof 2

The amount of time and energy this place sucks up can be easy to not know about, or to forget about when you're not in the thick of things.

Not out to make you feel guilty or to push you into donating, I just figured it needed to be said - the guy works himself far harder than I would consider to be healthy, after all. smile.png

Nha, i don't feel forced. 

I guess i never really though of the numbers, if you know what i mean.

I will donate to show my gratitude and a way to say "good luck"

We've already amassed $415, and in such a short span of just the lower half of a week, that's quite something :D Already nearly a quarter of the way there. Marco's regular Saturday stream proved to be a truly beneficial part of that process so far, and we've already discussed that making that a weekly thing up until BronyCon would be a terrific idea. Everyone has fun, and we get closer and closer to our goal.

Thanks to everyone who has donated so far <3

Man, sure hope that Feld0 guys gets to go to BronyCon.

I'm gonna need more of AJ's juice...

cool_story_by_fajeh-d5ooev3.png

'Cool story', fajeh, DeviantART

• Brohoof 4

If only money wasn't tight for me now, I would so donate otherwise... I wish you the best of luck in reaching your goal though, hope you guys have fun at Bronycon! B)

Just dropped my $40 in :3 Like I said before, that dinner with you guys would be awesome, but sadly, I won't be able to make it to Baltimore myself :(, but I think Ponyverse, and especially Feld0 deserves this! Make us look good out there man!

• Brohoof 2

Just dropped my $40 in :3 Like I said before, that dinner with you guys would be awesome, but sadly, I won't be able to make it to Baltimore myself sad.png, but I think Ponyverse, and especially Feld0 deserves this! Make us look good out there man!

Or is it Baltimare.... *shameless* :P 

I would love to be there myself, but alas, also cannot go. :P We'll just have to make sure Feld0 represents. ;) Now if these ponies ever come into Chicagoland, that's a different story. ;)

• Brohoof 2

I need money... Anyways *says in a very sarcastic voice* you better get every little bit of it because I don't wan't to miss it... oh wait I can't go. oh well I hope you can reach your goal and get everyone there:) Best of luck:)

(edited)

Since I live in Baltimore and everything I think everyone should come over my house and I can throw a party just like Pinky Pie.  We could have games and food.  We could even have dinner there. <3

Bmore represent. tongue.png

Shout out to my home team 

#2013superbowlchamps

Edited by MeanBlackHawk

Yea I have no way of getting to Baltimore either, nor do I have time anyway, as cool as it would be to go. So have fun in lieu of me or something. Whatever. This site is awesome and is worth way more than $40 to me, and I know I'm not alone in thinking this. smile.png

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Makes me a bit sad to see that this hasn't taken off better :/ Don't take me wrong, $555 is a great amount of money by now, but there's almost 12 500 members on this forum! No-one can say that they don't have 16 cents to spare... Of course some people might have issues with ways of sending the money, but it's still a bit disappointing :( Let's hope it gets better with some more time :)

Edited by Jamza