Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

[Fundraiser] Help Poniverse Get To BronyCon!

Twilight Sparkle ✨

I'm sure that it'll have bursts from time to time. After all, it's the middle of the month and it's very likely that people will donate once the next month rolls around. I know I will wink.png

But lets say that no one else donates, it stays at the current mark of $555 and Feld0 doesn't go to Bronycon. To Feld0 and crew, what do you have planned for the amassed funds?

I have several guesses for what plans you'd have for it, such as an emergency 'buffer' reserve, going towards the server as regular donations to just saving it for next years Bronycon. I ask though because I'm sure that there will be others with the same question and I doubt many will scroll through all the replies to get an answer. 

• Brohoof 1

I know it'll get to $575, I plan to donate $20. I'll have to mail it though because my mom won't let me write a check :(

I really do love this site. To the point where I will risk mailing money.

• Brohoof 1

I know it'll get to $575, I plan to donate $20. I'll have to mail it though because my mom won't let me write a check sad.png

I really do love this site. To the point where I will risk mailing money.

Mailing money isn't too bad :3 If you can, you should use those envelopes that have the blue design inside so you can't see what's inside by putting light in front of it. I used to mail ten bucks to a guy on DeviantART to draw my Sonic characters a lot :D Every time it went off without a hitch.

Mailing money isn't too bad :3 If you can, you should use those envelopes that have the blue design inside so you can't see what's inside by putting light in front of it. I used to mail ten bucks to a guy on DeviantART to draw my Sonic characters a lot :D Every time it went off without a hitch.

Oh, good! Feld0 told me there was some risks, so I was a bit worried >_< I'll go out and get one later!

>implying later is somewhere near today

>implying I know where to get them

But lets say that no one else donates, it stays at the current mark of $555 and Feld0 doesn't go to Bronycon. To Feld0 and crew, what do you have planned for the amassed funds?

I have several guesses for what plans you'd have for it, such as an emergency 'buffer' reserve, going towards the server as regular donations to just saving it for next years Bronycon. I ask though because I'm sure that there will be others with the same question and I doubt many will scroll through all the replies to get an answer. 

This is a good concern to bring up. If we fall short, what exactly happens will depend on how much has been raised by then, and the state of my personal financial situation. If enough has been raised that I can reasonably make up the rest with personal savings and still cover my tuition bills, all should still go as planned. But in the unlikely event that we can't even make it that far, the contributions to this fundraiser will be credited back to everyone somehow, probably as site subscriptions.

(edited)

I've made a decision. If Im able to get on the computer before late July (On the Farm), I'll donate one full paycheck to the fundraiser. That equates to about $800. I won't have need for it due to several reasons. Most specifically the fact that I won't be able to spend my money while out there, other then some food, so I'll have money piling up, may as well put it to good use img-1493130-1-happy.png

(I tend to do crazy shit like this sometimes)

Edited by Dawn♥Rider
  • Brohoof 9

I have a question about the donations. Why is it that my Visa card cannot be used for this fundraiser whereas it could be used for online payments?

I need to follow this up with you personally, as any number of things can cause a payment issue unique to you. Look for my message!

I've made a decision. If Im able to get on the computer before late July (On the Farm), I'll donate one full paycheck to the fundraiser. That equates to about $800. I won't have need for it due to several reasons. Most specifically the fact that I won't be able to spend my money while out there, other then some food, so I'll have money piling up, may as well put it to good use img-1493130-1-happy.png

Wow. blink.png Thank you!

• Brohoof 3

I need to follow this up with you personally, as any number of things can cause a payment issue unique to you. Look for my message!

Wow. blink.png Thank you!

No Problems Feldy ^_^

On the condition you and I have a special romantic dinner for 2 you draw me a pony in paint :D

Don't care how bad it is xD

• Brohoof 1

wow man then that would make you the user who has donated the most to the forums on top of this guy.

http://mlpforums.com/topic/22593-why-i-donated-630-to-this-site/

makeathreadaboutitandget9001borhooves

I really wish I could donate more than I have but I need money for two trips Im going to this summer :/

• Brohoof 1

Well I just started my job lifeguarding.  We haven't opened yet but I plan to work tomorrow.  Soooo I'll see what I can do.  Lol maybe instead of sending the money to you, you should come here and get it from me personally. :P 

• Brohoof 1

Well I just started my job lifeguarding.  We haven't opened yet but I plan to work tomorrow.  Soooo I'll see what I can do.  Lol maybe instead of sending the money to you, you should come here and get it from me personally. tongue.png

Center your signature or die from the wrath of Dawn Rider

wow man then that would make you the user who has donated the most to the forums on top of this guy.

http://mlpforums.com/topic/22593-why-i-donated-630-to-this-site/

makeathreadaboutitandget9001borhooves

I really wish I could donate more than I have but I need money for two trips Im going to this summer :/

I dont plan on harvesting bro hoofs from this, infact if I made a topic, id specifically tell people NOT to brohoof

Not that you guys would listen -_-

xD

• Brohoof 2

I dont plan on harvesting bro hoofs from this, infact if I made a topic, id specifically tell people NOT to brohoof Not that you guys would listen sleep.png xD

Yeah I know it was just a little joke I made there that's why I overlined the text silly :P

But it's awesome that you can donate that much! :o

I wish I had that money to spare,  unfortunately I have college coming up so I have to save up this summer because it's all the spending money I'll have. ): talk about hard labor...

Are there other ways that we could possibly contribute ? I do have PP but I am just wondering for the sake of curiosity having my mind smile.png

Credit and debit card payments are available, and I can arrange for a cheque or cash payment if you contact me personally via a private message.

Well I just started my job lifeguarding.  We haven't opened yet but I plan to work tomorrow.  Soooo I'll see what I can do.  Lol maybe instead of sending the money to you, you should come here and get it from me personally. tongue.png

Get me from British Columbia to Maryland and back for less than the cost of sending the money, and we have a deal. biggrin.png

• Brohoof 3

Hah! Oh belive me if I could travel to see many sites people and cultures I would love to! Sadly finances blow -.- and on one income as we all know just does not support that xd

I am a bit in confusion here. While I am aware that we can contribute via Credit/Debit card and PayPal because both are the available options I saw so far.... what is PP? Is it something Pony-Payment or something else?

Credit and debit card payments are available, and I can arrange for a cheque or cash payment if you contact me personally via a private message.

Get me from British Columbia to Maryland and back for less than the cost of sending the money, and we have a deal. img-1495206-3-biggrin.png

Hahahaha I see, so I guess that's a mayyyybbeeeee???? Lol, that sucks that I can't just hand you the money in person like a shady drug dealer. Oh well I guess that I just find it funny to see the money is being sent out all that way, only to be brought back here to where it started. :P  (If my money that I contribute doesn't go into the actual plane ticket cost that is and is used for hotel costs and stuff like that).  

Will you do any sightseeing in Baltimore or is it just panel and no time for other things.  I could give everyone a tour of my hometown; the place where I was born and raised! :P  I doubt that, that is the case though but if there is free time we could coordinate.  Just an idea. 

(edited)

@@Feld0,

I'm doubting we will reach 2,000. How much can you pay yourself to get your ass over there? tongue.png

Also, if I donate now after everyone already have gotten it, will I still get that fancy badge-thing?

Wait so like, the donations is going to affect MLP forums? Or just to fundraise like that? Cause Im planning to tell my parents to dontate to this website.

Well normal donations would just help to keep the site up and running since it costs money. A donation to this helps Feld0 to be able to get to bronycon and talk about mlp foruns and poniverse.. And probably pony.fm

Edited by Jokuc

Will you do any sightseeing in Baltimore or is it just panel and no time for other things.  I could give everyone a tour of my hometown; the place where I was born and raised! tongue.png  I doubt that, that is the case though but if there is free time we could coordinate.  Just an idea. 

It comes down to how much time I/we have outside of convention and Poniverse stuff. Time-permitting, I would love to go sightseeing in the area, and I hope that we can make that happen.

Wait so like, the donations is going to affect MLP forums? Or just to fundraise like that? Cause Im planning to tell my parents to dontate to this website.

This fundraiser is to fund a trip for me to attend BronyCon on behalf of the Poniverse community. It's separate from the donations and subscriptions that go toward the direct upkeep of the site itself.

@@Feld0,

I'm doubting we will reach 2,000. How much can you pay yourself to get your ass over there? img-1508172-1-tongue.png

Also, if I donate now after everyone already have gotten it, will I still get that fancy badge-thing?

I'm starting university in September, so that's very likely to become a huge drain on my personal savings. I'm in the position to cover a limited amount of the travel expenses myself, but I need the vast majority of my savings for university. This trip is really something I'd like to make for the Poniverse community, and I wouldn't be planning it at all if I didn't have the opportunity to attend BronyCon as a Poniverse ambassador.

The fancy badge and magenta name are available for everyone who contributes $10 or more, until the fundraiser comes to a close. :) Special thanks to @Nico for making the badge! See this thread's OP for more information.

• Brohoof 3