Blue Moon

31 users have voted

1. 1. Favorite Zelda Companion out of Fi, Navi, and Midna

• Fi
    • Navi
    • Midna
    • Tatl

(edited)

Another Zelda related thread. I am wondering which of these Zelda companions you like the most. We have:

Fi

Game: Skyward Sword

Attributes: Has a specific and computer-like personality. Often says the percentage of the likelihood of something happening.

Navi

Game: Ocarina of Time

Attributes: Can be very useful, but extremely annoying due to her constant shouts of "Hey! Listen!"

Midna

Game: Twilight Princess

Attributes: Very sarcastic. You never really know if she likes you or not in this game. She is very hard to understand and is a bit mean.

Tatl

Game: Majora's Mask

Attributes: A lot like Midna, but a bit nicer.

Vote above and put reasons below.

My personal favorite is Midna. She has a cool design and I love her personality. She is funny and she is one of the best things about Twilight Princess. Sorry for not explaining thoroughly on why she is my favorite, but it is hard to explain and it is easier to understand once you play the game.

Edited by Blue Moon
  • Brohoof 2

Midna has my vote. She had the best personality out of the three listed companions. Yes, she was a tsundere type character, but she still undoubtedly had the liveliest personality. In addition, she was also very important to the storyline, and I fully support a Link X Midna shipping idea.

Fi was too... computerized for me. She had no real personality, and was just more of a "help desk" service, in my eyes. Navi... ugh, don't get me started on her. She never really annoyed me as much as she did other people, but she certainly didn't win any medals for best companion.

Honestly, my second favorite companion was Tatl, whom you have not listed. She was the fairy companion from Majora's Mask, in case you haven't played it. She was very cynical, and was another tsundere type character, initially being very rude and callous to Link, but eventually warming up to him as she became part of his quest to save the land of Termina.

For anyone who doesn't know what a tsundere character is, I've provided a link below.

http://wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsundere

• Brohoof 1

Midna. Midna all the way. Not only was she in one of the best games of the series, but she was a fantastic character. Her personality, while abrasive at times, was endearing, and you honestly wanted to help her. 

That said, Fi is also rather cool, but there was less of an emotional connection with her. The percentage thing got old after a while, too.

Navi can go live in the Water Temple for all I care.

• Brohoof 2

Midna was pretty cool, I think I would say Midna. Also, was I the only one who thought Midna was a guy at first? >.>

Navi is a classic character though lol. 

Midna has my vote. She had the best personality out of the three listed companions. Yes, she was a tsundere type character, but she still undoubtedly had the liveliest personality. In addition, she was also very important to the storyline, and I fully support a Link X Midna shipping idea.

Fi was too... computerized for me. She had no real personality, and was just more of a "help desk" service, in my eyes. Navi... ugh, don't get me started on her. She never really annoyed me as much as she did other people, but she certainly didn't win any medals for best companion.

Honestly, my second favorite companion was Tatl, whom you have not listed. She was the fairy companion from Majora's Mask, in case you haven't played it. She was very cynical, and was another tsundere type character, initially being very rude and callous to Link, but eventually warming up to him as she became part of his quest to save the land of Termina.

For anyone who doesn't know what a tsundere character is, I've provided a link below.

http://wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsundere

Yes, I have played Majora's Mask and thought Tatl was ok. I liked her more than Navi, but she wasn't as memorable in my opinion. I put these three companions because they were the most memorable to me. So, sorry to the other companions.

Midna. She has the most personality and an awesome design to her. I also liked the relation she had with the plot with all that backstory. 

I did like Fi though. The percentage shenanigans did start to get old but I've always had a soft spot for living weapons. And that point right at the end of the game, where she shows a little emotion, hit me right in the heart. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'm guessing Fi doesn't get a lot of love. I enjoyed her and she had a nice design, but I agree, the percentage and scientific talk got old after a while. But I do like her theme music.

Edited by Blue Moon

I feel like Fi got overshadowed by Ghirahim. His personality and design were amazing, and such a charismatic villain will not be easily forgotten (even though I did miss Ganondorf.)

• Brohoof 1

Yes, I have played Majora's Mask and thought Tatl was ok. I liked her more than Navi, but she wasn't as memorable in my opinion. I put these three companions because they were the most memorable to me. So, sorry to the other companions.

I thought Tatl was one of the more memorable companions. She had a wider personality range than Navi or Fi, and everything about her reflected it. Even her enemy descriptions were written in her specific tone, for example:

"It's a White Boe... Just calm down and attack it! Yeah, yeah, yeah... There are just a lot of them, OK?"

I thought Tatl was one of the more memorable companions. She had a wider personality range than Navi or Fi, and everything about her reflected it. Even her enemy descriptions were written in her specific tone, for example:

"It's a White Boe... Just calm down and attack it! Yeah, yeah, yeah... There are just a lot of them, OK?"

I guess since she has some fans, I'll add her to the poll and title. I just never found her as memorable, but I will admit she was a surprising character.

Midna is the best in my opinion. She had one of the best developed characters in the series, plus her devious, tricksy nature really matched her looks. She was the best of all the companions in the Zelda series, so she gets my vote by a landslide!

Definitely not Navi, and I haven't played skyward yet.

I chose Midna because I found her very enjoyable.  She has a sense of humor, and is actually pretty helpful in the game as she becomes a key asset to maneuver.

But you left that list very meager. 
What about: 

King of Red lions?

Zelda's spirit?

Ciela

Leaf

Neri

Ezlo?

Definitely not Navi, and I haven't played skyward yet.

I chose Midna because I found her very enjoyable.  She has a sense of humor, and is actually pretty helpful in the game as she becomes a key asset to maneuver.

But you left that list very meager. 

What about: 

King of Red lions?

Zelda's spirit?

Ciela

Leaf

Neri

Ezlo?

Like I said above, I was only putting the ones I found to be memorable and those ones weren't as memorable, in my opinion. But they are still pretty cool.

If you're going to expand the list, I'd say it's best to bundle Ciela, Leaf, and Neri together. Or to just do Ciela, considering that Leaf and Neri aren't really companions. They don't offer any advice, and they only serve to bolster Link's abilities.

If you're going to expand the list, I'd say it's best to bundle Ciela, Leaf, and Neri together. Or to just do Ciela, considering that Leaf and Neri aren't really companions. They don't offer any advice, and they only serve to bolster Link's abilities.

I will not be expanding the list any further. But I will go make a thread asking for peoples favorite Legend of Zelda Companions, so you can go post there.

Hm, Midna I suppose. She's really quite something when it comes to Zelda companions, none of the others are quite like her.

Midna was pretty cool, I think I would say Midna. Also, was I the only one who thought Midna was a guy at first? >.> Navi is a classic character though lol. 

Yes, you are. :P
  • Brohoof 1

Navi all the way, my fave character in my fave zelda game "hey listen, hey listen" awwww yeah I just love her, this may sound weird but her design is flawless, I have played all four games, but I havn't actually seen Midna yet as far as I've been, I've seen let's plays, I love tatl and Fi too but gotta go with the classic navi! :D

I've Got To Say Midna Is My Favorite By Far,

The Others Didn't Take My Fancy At all,

Navi Was So Annoying, 

Fi Was Acctually Pretty Good, Just Didn't Connect 

And yeah

Midna, Midna all the way. She's a really cool character. The fact that she was the princess came to a surprise to me. I didn't find her mean or anything, just a teaser. She was mischievous but hey, being a princess for so long and suddenly gaining so much freedom she has all the reason to act like that even in times of peril.

I've never been able to connect with Navi or Tatl at all, but Midna had character, she didn't have some shallow personality. Sure Tatl wanted to stop Skull Kid but that's it, no real personality there either. Midna had feelings, she had a sense of what was happening. Heck, she was the most involved partner-character I've ever seen aside from the King of Red Lions from Wind Waker in all the Zelda games.

I didn't find Navi that annoying, but Navi didn't have any personality or character, so that's definitely a no-go.

For me to vote, i'd need to know how good my current blender is.   If it's good enough then navi would be my top pick,

"hey,  listen"

"hey"

"hey"

"leeenk"

"hey"

yes my annoying orb of light, you're going into the blender.     The rest are all pretty tolerable. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I've only played Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword. To be honest, from what I've seen so far(I haven't beaten Skyward Sword yet.) Midna actually seems a little bit more helpful. If just seems to say "There's an 85% chance Zelda is nearby." And nothing else really. But when I'm stuck in Twilight Princess, Midna seems to provide subliminal hints, if that makes sense.

Edited by Betez

Midna is the character with the most personality. Actually, she is the only one that has had more than one or two characteristics in the franchise (when we talk about Link´s assistant). I also love her design, and she actually helps you in the fights as the wolf.   

• Brohoof 1