Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Official Terraria Thread

~Rogue~

Hey Guys!

For all of those that do not know, terraria is an Adventure style platformer in which you control a customised character that can create, destroy, and fight! Many people call this a 2-D Equivalent to minecraft but it is much, much, more. 

If you want to know more information you should go here http://www.terraria.org/index2.html

For those of you that have the game or have played it this is the place where we discuss boss tactics, usernames, and the game in general.

Oh and by the way... the Angel statue is useless......

If you want my Username and Gamertag then provide yours and ask me!

terraria_ninja_by_th3davinci-d4rx4gs.png

-Ninja

(edited)

I've been messing around with the game for a little while now. I got it for PS3 the day it came out, and have really just been playing single player until I beat the game. I've created a pretty good looking Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy character, if I do say so myself.

post-7295-0-17284100-1367793602_thumb.jpg

post-7295-0-37881000-1367793615_thumb.jpg

Edited by Inngy

(edited)

Put this in the op http://www.terrariaonline.com/ (official forum with developer news)

It's a good game. I'm actually not that hyped of the upcoming update Red is making. I should be, but I'm not for some reason.

Great looking pony texture-pack: http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/the-new-pony-pack.96102/page-5#post-2051951

Program used to load the custom textures: http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/terraria-custom-content-loader.44541/

Oh, and here's my profile: http://www.terrariaonline.com/members/lolnus.44668/

And the angel statue is just as useless as any other statue, but I understand what you are >implying

Edited by Lolnus

Terraria is a great game, I'm a bit rubbish at it but my brother helped me get cobalt armour, cobalt drill and loadsa other cool stuff on multiplayer, I enjoy it better multiplayer as I get lonely, but it's also great silngleplayer! :D

I bucking LOVE Terraria!

so many memories about that game have been had.

• there was this one time my mate and I tried to all-nighter on Terraria but both fell asleep at our desks
  • Every Christmas eve we play it to keep up tradition of when we started
  • we made a giant Nyan Cat

post-7223-0-98342100-1367751838_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 1

I bucking LOVE Terraria!

so many memories about that game have been had.

• there was this one time my mate and I tried to all-nighter on Terraria but both fell asleep at our desks
  • Every Christmas eve we play it to keep up tradition of when we started
  • we made a giant Nyan Cat

attachicon.gif2012-03-11_00001.jpg

Freaking Love it! I have it on Xbox and steam but Xbox for me is way lonlier cause none of my friends have it! Do you guys play it on the xbox?

(edited)

I agree Terraria Is a great Game and if any of you did not know  the PC Version is being worked on to be updated!!! It will have Loads of Content ranging from Cactus Armor to Snow Biomes that are so much different and have there own underground!!! They Also Got There own Plug.DJ room ohmy.png I Run it for them but all of the Devs that work on Terraria Join the room and jam out to the music! We Recently had a Contest and the top 3 Winners will be getting their music Put into the Game! Its Amazing biggrin.png You Should pop on and join the room for Spoilers and Talk to the Famous Youtubers and Devs of Terrarian Community biggrin.pngplug.dj/official-terraria/

Make Sure to Read the INFO for more stuff about the Room biggrin.png

Edited by DJ Pickred

Hehe I love Terraria. I had the game since January 2012 on my computer of course. My little brother uses my account, and with 561 hours on my account, I've had about 20, and he had around 540. It's a really cool game, and with this new update coming out, whenever. I like the game and if any of you have good servers on the PC feel free to leave me a IP, and my little brother got a account recently so we both could play on whatever server you could give us. :)

• 4 months later...

If you don't know what Terraria is then just watch this Trailer of one of the updates for it 

Lots of people think that this game is just a rip off of minecraft and is a crap Game

Well i think this game is a masterpiece and it so fun and amazing to play

For the truth: I think this game is better then Minecraft, I know minecraft is better with building things and stuff like that but i just love how this game has lots of things to do and so manys Monsters and bosses

This is my favorite boss music of any game:

There also lots of items in the game, Lots more then minecraft LOTS!

What do you think of Terraria and do you like the game?

Edited by codelyoko373

I bought it in the Steam summer sale last year but I have never played. I think I will install it and give it a go. I have a problem I buy games and never play them whats wrong with me derpy_emoticon2.png  I blame Steam !!!

Edited by RyanMac

I absolutely love Terraria. It's one of the first games I've ever played on the PC other than Minecraft. 

Me and my friends put up a server and would play it until we beated all the bosses/ build massive things.

Right now, I find Terraria more enjoyable than Minecraft.(Probably b/c I played Minecraft too much)

I really like Terraria, despite getting my butt kicked every few minutes. It's fun to play. especially with friends. Finished fighting all the normal game bosses and am currently focusing on hard mode right now. It is tough as nails, even with all the good stuff I have.

Love me some Terraria! I have to admit I've had more fun playing minecraft but Terraria is still an amazing game. I have the PS3 version which I play split-screen with my brother (to me it is actually better on console, I have it on PC too XP) It's a great game which provides hours of fun. And while the creators said it was inspired by minecraft that doesn't make it a ripoff. Look on the app store and you can see some true ripoffs.

Terraria is around 50 times better then minecraft, seeing as you have much more options to do things, craft things, fight bosses, and even go farther then normal in one jump. Though the world is Limited to small, medium, or large with boundaries, it doesn't take out the fun :3

The thing I've noticed about it other then minecraft, is that when you get everything you can, it becomes a little stale since you can do whatever with no problem. Trust me, they both have their upsides and downsides but that's one of the major ones.

But aside from that, I still like it better.

Edited by Baby Sirius

I bought it the day before the 90% off sale... But either way, It's super fun, I've made it to the underworld, beaten a goblin invasion, and can sucessfully farm the EoW.

Ever since it got boring when I got to the end, I used Terrahax to mod the game a bit. It made it much more fun especially when you keep the mods you enable hidden when going on multiplayer servers.

Edited by Baby Sirius

• 3 weeks later...

Well I hope I don't get in trouble for my necromancy of resurrecting this thread (should it work) but how is everyone liking Terraria 1.2? biggrin.png anyone got Pinkie yet?

From what I've been able to find, the new update looks amazing. The map is the best add on they could have done in my opinion, so helpful when you're mining in a random cave 3 miles down XD I'm going to have to search the wiki for all the rest of the new stuff, I have no idea what there is haha

I love Terraria, although I've never beaten the Wall of Flesh and gotten to Hardcore on my own. I need to play it more, I've only clocked up about 30-odd hours. I managed to get the Demonic Wings on my friends world... They're the best things in the game!! XD

Terraria is a real fun game, that is, until you beat hard mode and get stuck past that part. Attempting to beat The Twins in full adamantium and with Crystal Storm results in ragequits. And getting mauled by unicorns, i thought unicorns were peaceful creatures!

Oh, and i got the xbox version, i liked the exclusives like Ocram and stuff.