Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Calling All Pegasisters/Female Bronies!

Love*Potion

Just a little shoutout from one pegasister to another img-1434273-1-yay.png

I, being a female here on the forums, feel very welcomed by everypony, despite their gender. Whether they be male or female we all share the same love for pony.

So my question to you is: How do you feel about being female on this forum? Do you feel out of place or right at home? Are you public about your femininity or more mysterious? Do you contribute to the fandom just as much as the boys?

Share any and all thoughts on the subject img-1434273-2-laugh.png

• Brohoof 18

I feel very welcomed on this forum. People are very nice, despite me being female. I don't really contribute to the fandom as much, since I'm not good at singing, writing, or drawing. blush.png  I'm usually public about my femininity, I see no reason to really hide it. laugh.png

• Brohoof 7

I don't feel any different for being a female. I feel like just another fan of the show. As you said, I feel welcomed by everypony on the forums, and I love it here. It's my cyber home. I don't hide my gender either. One look at my profile tells all. :)

The only thing I do is browse the forum and post in topics that interest me. There's nothing more to it than that, so I don't really contribute anything but my two cents.

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

*just jumping around the forums in my masculine fashion (not sure how that works, but whatever) when I see this thread*

HayGuysWhatsGoingOnInThisThread.jpg

*gasp* ohmy.png Girls?!?!  Making a thread just for girls?!?!?!?  As in "No boys allowed"?!?!?!?!?!?!

dry.png ...

585.jpg

Haha, Imma trolling around in your thread!!! img-387689-1-5e7kmu.png

*5 minutes later*

mellow.png OK, bored now, turns out it's no fun illegitimately trolling around a thread. huh.png  Let's see, how to solve this conundrum?

spiderWOman.jpg?1304709573

LOL, you wish!!! img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png

On a serious note, keep doing your thing pegasisters of MLP Forums!!!!  Ya'll rock!!! yay.png

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 12

This particular forums is very welcoming and quite un sexist.

Occasionally I see a few sexist threads (girls cant call themselves brony's, Girls have it easy Etc.) but it only takes a couple of posts before someone puts them in their place!

• Brohoof 6

Well it's awesome. Here in the forum, everyone treats each other equally, no matter gender you are. And honestly its the best feeling ever and i feel right at home!

• Brohoof 1

I feel like i'm at home sweet home when I log onto the forums. c:
I make my fiminine very known...and I am proud to call myself a pegasister, even in the face of prejudice haters.

• Brohoof 3

Today is technically my first day being registered on this forum, but I've been watching it for a couple of weeks now...  From what I've seen this forum seems to be very accepting & welcoming... That's important to me, not just as a female, but also as a lesbian. That's actually one of the reasons why I chose to join this forum, opposed to other ones. 

But I will say that it's nice to see some female fans speak up!

*Virtual hugs* laugh.png 

• Brohoof 3

Pegasister here. ;)

I just call myself a brony.. happy.png 

I love the forums. I've met some really awesome people here, who are now pretty good friends.

I met my boyfriend here actually. How could I not love it? laugh.png

I get mistaken for a boy sometimes though. Make yourselves known, ladies. ;)

• Brohoof 3

I'm another female member of this forum, and I feel welcomed here as well :) As for contributing to the fandom, no, I don't do that much - but I do enjoy talking about the show. I feel comfortable talking to both male and female fans, so I've made a lot of friends in this fandom.

• Brohoof 3

Pegasister here.   I just call myself a brony..     I love the forums. I've met some really awesome people here, who are now pretty good friends. I met my boyfriend here actually. How could I not love it?   I get mistaken for a boy sometimes though. Make yourselves known, ladies.

Yeah I tend to just refer to myself as a brony too, it's a pretty general term happy.png 

Anyway congrats on meeting your boyfriend! That's so romantic; I'm sure Rarity would approve laugh.png  

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I don't really bring up being a girl unless its on topic, but I notice that almost all of the other posters assume I'm male. Is my avatar not kawaii and sparkly enough? :P I feel partially like that might be why I get treated the same as any of the other posters.

Regardless, I feel very welcomed on the boards and I doubt i'd be harassed for being a girl, even if they did know. :P

Edited by AstralDrip
  • Brohoof 2

On forums I generally don't notice gender too much. In RL I tend to notice it more because then it's much more obvious.  Although it was fun to see some of the other pegasisters in the cutest brony thread.

• Brohoof 3

I feel right at home, although it does feel like girls are vastly outnumbered, so I am happy when I find a fellow pegasister. I also notice that people tend to assume girls on here are male if they're not told. XD

• Brohoof 2

I do feel really welcomed here, despite being a girl. I don't feel like I'm treated any differently? Although I haven't really paid attention to how the guys are being treated either :'D On pony forums, I just view everyone as gender neutral until they state otherwise. Usually things like avatars and signatures are good cues for gender, but heck when mostly everyone's got colorful ponies as avatars then I suppose it's kinda a free-for-all :D

• Brohoof 1

How do you feel about being female on this forum? 

I don't feel any different by being female. I feel normal. c:

Do you feel out of place or right at home? 

Definitely 'right at home', everyone is exceptionally kind and offering to help/give advice.

Are you public about your femininity or more mysterious? 

I'm public about my femininity, but most people see me as a boy because I'm very tomboy-ish. :P

I'm a gamer, I play a tonne of sports and I'm into cars. xD

Do you contribute to the fandom just as much as the boys?

I've made a few pieces of art (sketches) relating to My Little Pony, but not much.

• Brohoof 4

I prefer to be called a brony - I feel like giving myself a different name from the other members of this fandom isolates me from the community. (After all, female fans of Doctor Who are still Whovians!)

That being said, I feel like I contribute just as much as the next fan. A lot of people think there aren't as many female fans of My Little Pony out there, but that's not true. Internet polls don't usually give an accurate representation of a fanbase. Anyway, I'm a brony and I enjoy being part of this creative community, and that's all I have to say about that. :)

• Brohoof 2

Thank you girls for all your responses!

I too, feel right at home here on the forums, everyone is just so kind and fun to be around! I tend to consider everyone male, unless it is obviously a girl (usually by they're avatar or manner of speech). As for contributing to the fandom... well not much, but I have sewed an entire Fluttershy cosplay BY HAND because my sewing machine broke laugh.png

• Brohoof 2

I am not biologically female, but I am transgendered and I have to say that this forum is amazing when it comes to support and understanding. Everyone here just calls me what I want to be called and treats me the way I want to be treated without any hurtful comments, which is awesome :)

I don't really think there's any difference between being a pegasister or being a brony. We all love ponies, right? :lol:

• Brohoof 6

How do you feel about being female on this forum? 

It's no different than being a male ;)

Do you feel out of place or right at home? 

I feel right at home. After all, I've been here for about 4 months and I'm still going.

Are you public about your femininity or more mysterious? 

I don't rub the fact that I'm a girl in other people's faces, but I will mention it if someone asks or the topic of gender comes up. I don't come off as girly, but I don't really come off as masculine either x)

Do you contribute to the fandom just as much as the boys?

I make pony art semi-frequently, so one could say I contribute even more than some boys. :V

• Brohoof 1

I am a girl and I don't hide it at all. I have posted a picture of me with one of my pony items in the merch thread too. I don't feel like I am  treated differently at all on here. In real life people seem to think I am too old to be into ponies (my mom mainly) but they seem more accepting of it since I am female and since I grew up with the early ponies so there is the nostalgia aspect of it as well. I feel like offline it is probably harder to be a male interested in MLP. I have been treated very nicely here and have been welcomed by both male and female fans although sometimes it is hard to tell if someone is a boy or a girl on here because many guys have female characters on their avatars and sigs. 

• Brohoof 1

Ooooh, so much sisterly love! wub.png 

As mentioned by some of the responses above...

I usually refer to myself as a brony, since it's pretty much like the "catch-all" term for us, but I like to use the term "pegasister" when I'm trying to specifically connect with other non-male fans, or when I'm acknowledging that I am a female... Then again, I don't mind what anyone calls me. After all, I'm still a pony fan in the end.

I don't have any male friends in real life, so it's nice to be a part of a community where I can grow friendships with guys, but I still need some girl-talk in my life! So that's when I start looking for fellow pegasisters.

Actually, I've started talking to a girl who is going to be my classmate in my new college program I'm about to start, and she freaked out when she saw one of my pony-related profile pictures, and she referred to herself as a pegasister as well. I haven't met her in person, we've only been talking online, but It's really exciting to know that I will have a fellow brony as a classmate this coming September!

• Brohoof 3

Actually, I've started talking to a girl who is going to be my classmate in my new college program I'm about to start, and she freaked out when she saw one of my pony-related profile pictures, and she referred to herself as a pegasister as well. I haven't met her in person, we've only been talking online, but It's really exciting to know that I will have a fellow brony as a classmate this coming September!

That's really cool! I can imagine her expression was much like your avatar :P

Now that I'm thinking about it, I don't really have a single female brony/pegasister I'm talking to...

• Brohoof 2

I have a funny story.

So I decided at the end of 2011 that I was going to join a pony forum and see if I could get people to think that I was a guy. There are several MLP forums on the Internet, but I found this one, and found that it suited my needs. I made my account on January 1, 2012.

But I couldn't bring myself to flat-out lie about my gender. So I marked it as Not Telling.

By April I couldn't hide it anymore. I did manage to fool people, however. And even long after I changed my gender to Female people still thought that I was a guy.

I didn't do this because of any insecurity of being a girl on the Internet or anything. I have been talking to strangers online for about 9 years now, and I have been an active member of a handful of forums in those days, and I know that many people respect me regardless of my gender. Me pretending to be a guy was more of an experiment, and an amusement that people may still assume that I am a guy despite this forum being dedicated to MLP.

I found that most people didn't actually care.

As for now, I know that the people who have read my posts respect me. At least many of them do. It doesn't have to do with my gender. If people like a post, they like a post. That's the bottom line, and I think that is great.

• Brohoof 4

I don't feel like I'm treated any differently for the most part, though it makes me sad when I see guys giving girls inappropriate and unwelcome attention and the girls just accepting it and not saying anything. I mean, really, people...have more respect for yourselves. :-(

• Brohoof 1