Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Be creative, win a request (A blast from the blast)

Silverwisp the Bard

(edited)

Yep, I'm doing one of these again.

The premise for those unfamiliar: I give you an assignment and if I like what you come up with, you get a request (check the link in my signature to see some examples).

Da Rulez:

-No Alicorns (unless you got a good explanation for them being Alicorns
-No shipping with any of the Mane Six
-Nothing saucier than a dirty look
-No (real-life) politics or religion
-If my work is not what you imagined, feel free to ask for corrections, I aim to please

Today's theme: Come up with an event in ancient Equestrian history ( somewhere between the founding and Luna's banishment).

It can be funny, serious, small scale or huge, completely up to you, just make it entertaining,somewhat canon-ish (should "feel" like it could have happened) and formulated as if written down in some chronicle.

Example:

The year 500 after the founding:

Prince Hassan of Saddle Arabia leads an army of 500 horses and camels to conquer Equestria and take Princess Whitegold as his wife. At the Border to Equestria he is met by the whole strength of the Equestrian army: More than 2000 armored pegasi along with a contingent of Canterlot mages and an auxiliary force of griffons under high-queen Gwyn. Hassan promptly calls off his attack and retreats, prompting the somewhat disappointed Commander Tempest and Gwyn to organize a mock battle between the pegasi and griffons, using hastily blunted weapons.

This results in several hundred severely injured on both sides.

Edited by Silverwisp the Bard
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

Edited by ____

Equestria's first eclipse:

Luna accidently raises the moon in the middle of the day causing an eclipse and mass panic. I was thinking something like Celestia scolding Luna for being careless. Then in the background ponies panicking.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Clash of two powers. The royalist and the native. When one down, the another arise. This one never changed. Yet, that violates the rule of balance. Soon after the two princesses came, disorder roamed the once peaceful land. The native of the southern realm rejected to obey under the incoming princesses, but they had no power to fight for it. The ones who fell demanded justice. The ones who rose wanted to keep their power.

The natives bound together. The everfree creatures, buffalo, and other races. With their steady hooves steps, the strength of their back, and the song of their brotherhood, they fought in a guerilla warfare and took the southern part of Equestria from the Sun Goddess, in a sudden move. Since then, the civil war began.

One of the regular ponies in the barn. Grown up in the street, of the dusty road of Appleloosa, was the sly and tricky, Cunning Horn. Father imprisoned for thievery, mother left from depression living with her drunken husband, Cunning Horn was forced to join a caravan to Canterlot to seek for fortune. Having no formal knowledge, magic skill, and honest and sweet attitude, he joined the military as became a town watch in Canterlot. One day, because he accidentally bumped somepony important unconscious and hid the body in a wardrobe, he was mistaken as a military advisor and was dragged into a real war outside with the rebellion.

In that chance, he could show his talent at military tactic, and quickly promoted into an army tactician. Soon, he got a challenge to take Manehettan from the rebellion. One of the biggest city in Equestria, and its massive walls. Seeing no sane way to attack from the land, he decided to attack, from the sea and its vulnerable port. He commanded a group of pegasus to cast a seasonal dry wind to the direction of the port, and set three ships to the port with no sign of attack, in the dawn while everypony was asleep. When those ships were close to the dock, they put out some flaming barrels and rammed the dock so hard and then casted fire in it.

The wind fed the fire and made it spread quickly and threatened to burn the inner city. Smoke from the fire and the havoc in the burnt dock prevent its sailors to get on their warships and fought the incoming Cunning Horn's frigate. He quickly boarded on their abandoned ships as he fired the cannons on the city walls to disable them. As ponies panicked from the attack, he and a group of hoof-full ponies dived into the sea and sneaked into the town with a wooden bowl to keep air in it. Thank to the depth of the canal inside the economic and crowded town, nopony spotted them until they reached the main castle and entered from bottom. That ambush was enough to capture the leader of the city and forced them to surrender. Since then, he was recognized by the name "Captain Cunning Horn."

What request by the way? Drawing request? I just typed that junk mindlessly. laugh.png

Edited by Sky Warden
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

42 Years before Luna's banishment

Luna was very, very excited. It had just been announced that World Of Warcraft was going to cut back costs on the premium subscriptions that it offered. She was pacing back and forth through her chambers. She needed a way to level grind more efficiently, as her current method, quite frankly yielded close to no progress at all. She looked down at the city of Canterlot with melancholy in her expression.

She saw a carriage shaped like a banana approaching the castle, from which her sister stepped out. Luna knew that today was the day that Celestia restocked on Tortilla chips, and this made her happy. She decided to check out videos about tortilla chips on Youtube. She found one, and left a comment promptly.

1337LUN43X7R3M3: I love tortilla chips. They are great while playing World of Warcraft.

She pressed the post button, and went off to bed. The next morning, she logged back onto her computer, and went back on Youtube. She checked her inbox and saw that there was a reply. She clicked on the comment reply and opened it.

She looked at it in horror.

UberBladeSniperXtreme<3Celestia: Lol Noob, ur a gay. Only gays play WoW.

She seethed with rage, and vowed the destruction of all those who did not share the same opinions that she did. She started plotting to destroy those who despised her, and take over Equestria, bringing eternal night. Youtube commenters would know the wrath of Luna. She proceeded to post about it on LiveJournal. She talked about how her sister was ruining her life, and made sure to include plenty of crying emoticons.

Edited by Harmonic Revelations
  • Brohoof 2

Equestria's first eclipse:

Luna accidently raises the moon in the middle of the day causing an eclipse and mass panic. I was thinking something like Celestia scolding Luna for being careless. Then in the background ponies panicking.

Made me chuckle, you get a request.

Clash of two powers. The royalist and the native. When one down, the another arise. This one never changed. Yet, that violates the rule of balance. Soon after the two princesses came, disorder roamed the once peaceful land....

What request by the way? Drawing request? I just typed that junk mindlessly. img-1435628-1-laugh.png

You'd think the South would be more grateful, with the Royal Sisters having put an end to Discord's reign and allhuh.png

I guess instead of drawing something I could bake you a muffin and mail it to you, you'd have to pay for shipping though.

... She saw a carriage shaped like a banana approaching the castle, from which her sister stepped out. Luna knew that today was the day that Celestia restocked on Tortilla chips, and this made her happy....

laugh.png

You get a request for cracking me up.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
You'd think the South would be more grateful, with the Royal Sisters having put an end to Discord's reign and allhuh.png I guess instead of drawing something I could bake you a muffin and mail it to you, you'd have to pay for shipping though.

So... I got a muffin? I don't get it. :/

post-10241-0-59968900-1355149338.jpg

Told you I wrote that junk mindlessly. Dunno. Some people love to live free, without any immortal God-like newcoming leaders controlling their ancestor's land. Also, who doesn't love Discord anyway? :3

So you need my email or something else? I think Google have a feature to upload food with a grape juice as a bonus for every delivery heavier than 50gr on Monday.

Edited by Sky Warden

@, @@Silverwisp the Bard,

So, you guys still have to specify what you want.

So you need my email or something else? I think Google have a feature to upload food with a grape juice as a bonus for every delivery heavier than 50gr on Monday.

Tried scanning a muffin. Didn't work out, so you'll have to be content with a drawing.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@, @@Silverwisp the Bard,

So, you guys still have to specify what you want.

Tried scanning a muffin. Didn't work out, so you'll have to be content with a drawing.

post-10241-0-71460200-1368200986.gif

So... does that mean I get a chance to request drawing? Hmm... let's see...

Da Rulez:

-No Alicorns (unless you got a good explanation for them being Alicorns)

I only have one Alicorn OC, and I don't know what to do with him. I really like how you drew him with Joan, so maybe I will just go with Asnee. You can add Joan if you like.

-No shipping with any of the Mane Six

Ain't nobody got time fo dat.

-Nothing saucier than a dirty look

I don't know what does this mean, so I will just try the dirty look, I suppose? Sorry, my head isn't as clear as usual. I think it's fine. :/

-No (real-life) politics or religion

post-10241-0-59968900-1355149338.jpg
Heh. Funny. Who talks about politic or religion online anyway?

-If my work is not what you imagined, feel free to ask for corrections, I aim to please

post-10241-0-27091100-1359802931.jpg

I like this. Guarantee.

By the way, I've digitized your drawing about Asnee and Joan. I didn't know. I just felt I wanted to digitize it. laugh.png

Wanna have it a look? :3

Edited by Sky Warden

Ok here goes nothing. Hopefully I'm not ripping off anything.

The Night Of The Red Moon

-------------------

Every 2 Years on the cold night of winter. Celestia raises her Sun on the other side of the planet while Luna's moon is at it's fullest. The planet's position makes the moon a red shade color. Everypony then celebrates by staying up all night to witness the celestial event.

Oh uh... right. I'd like to see a drawing of my OC drinking with Berry Bunch around a table, with my OC's head down on the table and then Berry trying to take the drink in his hand away from him. 

• 2 weeks later...

Oh uh... right. I'd like to see a drawing of my OC drinking with Berry Bunch around a table, with my OC's head down on the table and then Berry trying to take the drink in his hand away from him. 

Sorry for the wait, I'm currently working off a huge stack of stuff I promised a bunch of peopleon different parts of the forums.

post-3492-0-67311500-1369238160_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 2

Sorry for the wait, I'm currently working off a huge stack of stuff I promised a bunch of peopleon different parts of the forums.

attachicon.gifSCAN0331.JPG

No problem. It was well worth the wait because it turned out amazing! I love the look on Berry Punch's face. Thanks for the awesome drawing.

(edited)

@@Silverwisp the Bard

Am I allowed to contribute to dis too? This seems fun.

The Story of the Blue and Nightmare Moon

It was one night Princess Luna was roaming around her kingdom, walking through the empty night streets and beautiful moonlit Canterlot Gardens. The Princess truly loved her nights and every single one of her twinkling starts in the sky, but alas; The Princess had a feeling that maybe her subjects did not like the same thing everynight, she thought perhaps that was the reason that ponies slept through out her stunning night. Princess Luna flew up towards her moon to look at it. In all it's beauty, it was still quite plain, just a big ball of white that illuminated the sky along with a thousand stars at night. She sighed deeply as she thought of nopony ever loving her night. A sparkle caught the corner of her eye, she turned her body around to identify the placing of it.

After a few minutes of looking around, Luna had finally caught the shimmer coming from a building in the Everfree Forest, she smiled to herself and swooped down to the mysterious building. She flew through an open gap in the wall and landed ing the middle of the room with a thud. Her head turned in every direction for she had not seen this building before, she found herself eventually facing a small pedistool with some stairs leading up to it in a circle, she approached it cautiously whilst staring at the armory placed on the pedistool. What seemed to be a blue helmet that covered a bit of the neck and part of the forehead, it also had a hole in the top for a horn.

As Luna stood infront of the pedistool, she felt an idea in her mind click together. The perfect shade of blue that was that colour of the helmet was perfect, she could have something to her moon that dear sister Celestial couldn't have to her sun: A Blue Moon. Luna softly smiled to her now fully formed idea, it was just so perfect. The Princess walked to the window and flew out it, up to her moon one again, she lifted her head and let the magic coursing through her veins go into her horn, as it began to glow she could feel her front hooves rising to above her head; She felt the magic at its works, changing the colour of the moon for the first time. Luna opened her eyes slowly and grinned at her brilliant blue moon, she flew back inside the building and back to right in front of the helmet, sitting apon it's pedistool.

Princess Luna put her front hooves up next to the helmet and ran one of them over the top of it. It felt and looked brand new, but it could've been sitting there for millennia, it looked as though it fit her perfectly too... Luna closed her eyes and gracefully lifted the helmet up and settled it down onto her head, it did fit her perfect. The Princess of the Night could feel the transformation run over her body, it was painful but she enjoyed every second of it. As she felt it complete, she opened her slitted blue eyes and laughed.

'The Nightmare has Begun.'

Edited by Budding Night

Here you go, Sky, that will teach ya not to be more specific.

post-3492-0-77452800-1369573757_thumb.jpg

I originally planned to give Joan a Jimmy Kelly custome, but you wouldn't believe how strange a purple afro looks. Joan with her hair down is surprisingly fun to draw.

Here you go, Sky, that will teach ya not to be more specific.

post-10241-0-86569600-1354863660_thumb.jpg

Oh dear Celestia. I don't know if this is the cause, but my heart feels like exploding right now. By the way...

post-10241-0-80495000-1359380710.jpg

I'm wondering what does this mean.