Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Imdb "parents guide"

tehepicpony

So i was reading it for no reason at all, and i suspected to find something like " A very light-hearted show blah blah blah" instead, i got this: "Probably one of the darkest cartoons in a while (don't let the cover of the DVD fool you!)"I first i thought it was a joke, but then i figured out it was real an i was like "Im sorry, the words "ponies" "dark" dont go together" ( besides Cupcakes, luna game, Ect.)

(edited)

lol that sounds like one of the silly reviews that would be found on IMBD. The best review I've seen posted on IMBD was I think common sense media in the sense that they wouldn't allow teenagers to watch Dan VS because it was too violent and supported bullying too much... Which it does, but lol not letting a teenager watch that is funny to me.

Also off topic but The Cheat is the best homestar runner character.

Edited by Lord Bababa

Don't look them in the eyes, they could stare back... at you! That sounds more like something out of a Lovecraft novel than My Little Pony.

But I took a lok at that guide aswell as I think it's pretty ridiculous. I mean, look at the numbers:

Sex & Nudity: 2/10

Violence & Gore: 4/10
Profanity: 3/10

Alcohol/Drugs/Smoking: 5/10

Frightening/Intense Scenes: 7/10

I mean come on! I hesitate to put Violence & Gore in bold because it is only slightly exaggerated, but 5/10 for Alcohol/Drugs/Smoking? Pretty exaggerated, I mean there may be 1 or 2 scenes that may draw some parralels but come on.

And 7/10 for Intense scenes? Take out the first 2 episodes of each season, and there's nothing to be put there. Come on.

MLP one of the darkest cartoon in a while? The hilarious irony is that G1 is actually darker than the current generation, I am not kidding check out some of the villains if you don't believe me especially Tirek and Grogar or the Shmooze. This is exactly why I don't take these "critics" seriously, they have no idea what the frag they are talking about.

• Brohoof 1

You know, I can kind of get their reasoning behind some of it, but seriously, My Little Pony shouldn't rated that high on some of those scales. I just don't see how it could rate that high, and I disagree that it's a really dark cartoon. It's actually relatively light-hearted. Yes, there are dark parts, such as Sombra being a slave-master and Queen Chrysalis wanting to suck the love out of ponies and cocoon them, but to me, those are dark but handled in a way where they don't seem as bad as they really are.

Forget about horror; I wonder what The Land Before Time or The Secret of NIMH would score. Heck, Watership Down?

Well, Watership Down's the only one to actually have numbers over there, so here they are:

Sex & Nudity: 3/10

Profanity: 4/10

Alcohol/Drugs/Smoking: 0/10

Frightening/Intense Scenes: 8/10

Huzzah! Who's got the high score now?

• 8 years later...
On 2013-05-05 at 11:36 AM, tehepicpony said:

So i was reading it for no reason at all, and i suspected to find something like " A very light-hearted show blah blah blah" instead, i got this: "Probably one of the darkest cartoons in a while (don't let the cover of the DVD fool you!)"I first i thought it was a joke, but then i figured out it was real an i was like "Im sorry, the words "ponies" "dark" dont go together" ( besides Cupcakes, luna game, Ect.)

That's why I don't take parent reviews on IMDb seriously. They usually over exaggerate about stuff like violence, drugs, and sex. This show really doesn't have much of that stuff, save for a few scenes (there are no drugs or sex in the show at all, except some references).

• 1 month later...