Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

In which I post my pony sketches

Sairoch

I mostly do vector traces from the show (you can see them here in my deviantART gallery), but I do occasionally put my tablet to use and draw something original, usually without much success.

Carrot Top dragging a suitcase full of carrots.

z0mXe1r.png

Derpface Pinkie Pie stealing cookies.

lkWjiZh.png

Corrupted Twilight

oB79KUT.jpg

• Brohoof 7

Sweet work, bro, I thought you were talented but that´s awesome!

(I like the carrot top dragging the suitcase the best, though xD)

Is the last one done by hand (I have a weakness for hand-drawn art <3), and you have an admirable linework, clear but a bit blurry (I don´t know how to say it xD, it is art)

• Brohoof 1

I like the art alot! :3 I cant draw if it was to save my life lol! But i see you have talent there and I hope you will keep on drawing your art! It is very skillful... *bro hoof* /)

• Brohoof 1

You're just in the right section to post your sketches, bro.

They look pretty nice. I especially like the twilight one. Keep on doing you nice work.

• Brohoof 1

These look really nice and capture the style of the show with your own unique style. The only thing I don't see are the whites in the black parts of the ponies eyes but hay (GET IT) your style is your style

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Thanks for the kind words!

Sweet work, bro, I thought you were talented but that´s awesome!

(I like the carrot top dragging the suitcase the best, though xD)

Is the last one done by hand (I have a weakness for hand-drawn art <3), and you have an admirable linework, clear but a bit blurry (I don´t know how to say it xD, it is art)

They're all done with a Wacom Intuos3 tablet, in either Photoshop or PaintTool SAI.

I like the art alot! :3 I cant draw if it was to save my life lol! But i see you have talent there and I hope you will keep on drawing your art! It is very skillful... *bro hoof* /)

I don't spend as much time as I'd like on art, thanks primarily to school. This semester has been pretty busy, and I've got an internship coming up over the summer, followed by an even busier semester.

You're just in the right section to post your sketches, bro.

They look pretty nice. I especially like the twilight one. Keep on doing you nice work.

Thanks. The Twilight sketch was definitely the one I put the most effort into out of the three.

These look really nice and capture the style of the show with your own unique style. The only thing I don't see are the whites in the black parts of the ponies eyes but hay (GET IT) your style is your style

Yeah, the eyes need some work. It's a little harder to do them properly without color.

Incidentally, I love the MultiQuote feature.

Edited by Sairoch
  • Brohoof 1

I don't see a whole lot of carot top art, so its pretty cool simply for that that you did some :P.

Overall i'd say you did pretty darn good, for "not having much success" with doing original art, heck better then most of my art :P.

Only thing I can really think of to say is that its not colored, which isn't totally uncommon, I just point it out for the sake of it :P.  Not sure if you intend to do it, or don't really have experience with it, or the tools, or you just simply don't want to. It depends on the person.

Still you did a great job! Can't wait to see some more work from you :).

• Brohoof 1

I don't see a whole lot of carot top art, so its pretty cool simply for that that you did some tongue.png.

Overall i'd say you did pretty darn good, for "not having much success" with doing original art, heck better then most of my art tongue.png.

Only thing I can really think of to say is that its not colored, which isn't totally uncommon, I just point it out for the sake of it tongue.png.  Not sure if you intend to do it, or don't really have experience with it, or the tools, or you just simply don't want to. It depends on the person.

Still you did a great job! Can't wait to see some more work from you smile.png.

I tend to be my own worst critic, which can be nice in that it compels me to continue to improve, but also discouraging at times. Once I start producing work I'm happy with, I'll probably start vectoring over them (which I have a fair bit of experience with), or possibly something a little more painterly with SAI or Photoshop (which I have somewhat less experience with).

Thanks for the feedback! :D

• Brohoof 1

I tend to be my own worst critic, which can be nice in that it compels me to continue to improve, but also discouraging at times. Once I start producing work I'm happy with, I'll probably start vectoring over them (which I have a fair bit of experience with), or possibly something a little more painterly with SAI or Photoshop (which I have somewhat less experience with).

Thanks for the feedback! biggrin.png

Yeah I know what you mean, I can be really picky about how I do things, and very self critical, since I know that feeling and could tell your seeming to be kinda that way I figured I'd give you a little reassurance :D

It does have its upsides and downsides though.

And your welcome!