Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Alien life thread

Zalgo

Life beyond Earth?  

66 users have voted

1. 1. Do you believe life exists beyond Earth?

• Yes (life does exist beyond Earth)
    • No (life does not exist beyond Earth)
    • Unsure (Its a possibility)
  2. 2. Do you think we'll ever find life beyond us?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure
    • May have already

Talk about your theories on whether you think alien lift exists, where you think alien life is, what it would look like, etc.

Edited by Flipturn

It's undeniable that there are aliens of some form out there. The universe is just to large just to have only one planet with life on it. I feel that there could be thousands of other species like humans, just that we probably wont be able to visit most them because of the vastness of the universe.

• Brohoof 2

My personal belief regarding alien life is that it does indeed exist. Its level of sophistication is surely disputable, sure, but it has to exist. I sincerely doubt that in our vast, expansive universe that we are the only exception to the rule regarding biological life.

I think its looks will be tailor made to the environment in which it is birthed; assuming, of course, that the life forms are sophisticated enough to have features beyond that of the simplest prokaryotes.

The space is way to big to have just 1 planet with life on.

And since any lifeform in space are called ''alien'' im positive that there are som life out there.

Correct me if im wrong but, dident they recently find a planet with plants on?

I consider the chances of it not existing to be so small that in way shape or form there is life.

However the chances of meeting them is astronomically small, since they would have to cross a very large distance to get here.

I also want to note that looking into the universe we are seeing the past, considering our civilization is about 3000 years old, what are the chances of spotting another starting civilization within 3000 light years.

We first need to observe them before we could even think of trying to go there.

We first need to observe them before we could even think of trying to go there.

If there are any other species with hige intelligens like us that probably what they are thinking.

And that might explain why some have seen ''UFOs'', if thats true that it.

I think it's unlikely that there's no other life bearing planet.

I also think it is even more unlikely that we will communicate with any other life. Aliens may not communicate through sound, even if any did they may not speak structured languages, or languages structured similar to ours. Our only hope at understanding each other would be that we have similar emotions and morals.

So even if we find other life it won't go very far.

Somewhere there are alien life forms, thats without a doubt. What form they make take might be more difficult to imagine, might they be simple microscopic beings or complex silicon based life forms. Truth is, we in our life times probably wont find out.

I think it's unlikely that there's no other life bearing planet.

I also think it is even more unlikely that we will communicate with any other life. Aliens may not communicate through sound, even if any did they may not speak structured languages, or languages structured similar to ours. Our only hope at understanding each other would be that we have similar emotions and morals.

So even if we find other life it won't go very far.

Pretty much this. We can't be the only planet with sentient life or any form of life period. But likewise, we live in an expansive possibly-infinite universe, and as such it may be years, centuries even for other alien life to even discover our planet if they haven't already.

We don't even know IF the universe is infinite at all. The universe to us might be like the ocean to a goldfish.

But we are most certainly not alone in this universe. We have evidence of life being able to exist outside of normal boundaries ON OUR VERY PLANET.

How about the fact we have creatures living at the bottom of the ocean? And I don't mean those creepy fish who barely use oxygen, I'm talking about this.

That is a lake.

Of pure brine.

Underwater.

There are creatures living inside that. Creatures who DON'T BREATHE OXYGEN.

They live WITHIN the briny lake, completely away from light and oxygen, composed of sodium or something that's certainly not carbon-based.

There are crustaceans living on METHANE down there.

If we have creatures like THIS on the planet we live on, how can you even think that life cannot exist on other planets just because they aren't like ours?

• Brohoof 1

Relevant Short Story: They're Made out of Meat

I do believe there is other life out in the galaxy, but I think it is highly egotistical to believe that other life "must be" searching for us. In truth I doubt we are more than dust on their starcharts. On our end, I agree with above posters. Unless some sort of mental-hook up device could be developed to transfer thoughts directly any sort of communication would most likely be nigh impossible (the mental hook up might not even work if they don't have brains).

The chances of there not being life out there are astronomically low.

Also, if the universe is infinite, then there is not only life, but an infinite amount of it. There are an infinite amount of other earths that are all exactly the same as ours, and there are an infinite amount of earths that are slightly different from ours.

Basically, in an infinite universe, everything that is allowed by the laws of physics is happening an infinite number of times.

Of course, since the universe started as the big bang, it's probably not infinite, because infinity can't come from something finite.

Everybody has pretty much already given my position.

I do think it is unreasonable to say there aren't any aliens. However, I am also of the belief there's no way they've ever been to Earth.

The space is way to big to have just 1 planet with life on.

And since any lifeform in space are called ''alien'' im positive that there are som life out there.

Correct me if im wrong but, dident they recently find a planet with plants on?

You are wrong, if they did, that would be one of the bigest the bigest discoverys ever made. Edited by Rainbow--Dash

I'm open to life elsewhere in the universe, I just don't think they have visited us yet.

Life is not likely to be similar to anything we know. Hollywood tends to put rubber suits on human actors and aliens probably will not even be that close to us. I'm just hoping the aliens recognize us as an intelligent species.

So what would they look like? I can only imagine...poorly. Ponies in the show are an interesting example, with no obvious manipulative limbs they use telekinesis instead. I'll leave speculation to scifi writers.

• 1 month later...
(edited)

I just got home from watching Iron Sky, and with all the UFO action going in the movie, it got me thinking a bit:

What are your thoughts on the UFO phenomenon?

Real, hoax, military or perhaps of E.T. origin? Maybe it's a slice of everything?

I personally believe it's the real deal.The phenomenon has been ridiculed to the point where it's just ridiculous. Why make fun of something that is so fascinating? With all the video evidence, pictures, secret documents, thousands of witnesses and retired military officers/generals sharing

their stories; anyone with an IQ over 10 can figure out that something real is going on here. I find it sad that these things aren't investigated more and found in the media. Most videos you find today are all fake, but there's still a large portion that are left unexplained. Even so, these events started happening on a large scale after the atomic bombs in 1945, and I don't think people had editing programs back then.

Take the phoenix lights for instance. I'm sure many of you have heard of these strange lights that appeared back in 1997. And what was one of the common explanation for them?

Flares...

It's always either flares, balloons or a weather phenomenon. It's the same story all over again. They can at least be a little more original.

The fact is, if my memory is correct, flares where really dropped that night, but that was around 45 minutes after the phoenix light had appeared. Now why would the military do such a thing?

It looks awfully suspicious, as if they were trying to hide something. And they've used this methods countless times before as well.

Fife Symington, who was a former US governor, made fun of it all during a press conference by bringing in a person in an alien costume. Yet ten years later, he admitted that he found the lights otherworldly, and if the department of defense can't prove otherwise,

that it probably was some sort of an alien space craft. Now, he said himself he didn't tell this to prevent panic, but I don't think that can be the only case. I don't mean he himself is hiding something more, but I don't believe the whole UFO secrecy is based entirely around the fact that a disclosure can make people scared. It may have been the reason back in 1945, but you don't hide something this big for 70 years unless there's something more to it.

I mean come on, we're in 2012. Most of us are aware of it, and most of us believe in UFOs as well. We are more than ready, but the fact that it's been silent for this long is just pissing me off.

I just hope we can get a clear straight out answer soon.

Edited by Nordica

ok i have 2 things to say

1. I wanna see that movie so freakin bad!! you have no idea!!

2. i agree with you entirely but ive come to a different conclusion...about the flares. They were drop pods of a kind

and i think that we now have aliens living among us, well more alien. After roswell new mexico in1947 and the whole government involvement about a weather balloon crash to me it was pretty clear that we are being invaded. secretly, over the years, many thousands of years, they have been setting spies and trying to fiind our weaknesses. i even believe that they have warned us of their existence but being as how humans are a very naive and dull race we shunned it off as a bucnh of horse s**t. i know for a fact that they are here among us...there are so many signs we just need to pay attention

I saw multiple UFO's a couple months ago. I was driving out of my driveway and I saw a couple floating orange spheres in the sky moving at the same speed, and then a larger one floated into my FOV. After a minute or two I got too freaked out and got out of there as quickly as I could. There is a major air force base in my area, so it could've been some flares, but it didn't really look like it.

I do think there is intelligent life other than us in the universe, I just don't think the human race will ever get to see any of them. By the time we get that advanced, our sun would have already imploded.

Sorry Giorgio.

Posted Image

• Brohoof 1

I'm pretty much indifferent on the existence of extra-terrestrial life.

I've yet to see any claims of UFO sightings that I can believe simply through hearing about it. I suppose it's something I'd have to experience on my own in order to believe.

I am inclined to believe there must be some sort of life out there, due to the size of the universe and the chances of other planets similar to Earth or at least capable of sustaining life, but at the moment I don't see any strong evidence to support it.

I do hope there is life on other planets. I'm unsure whether humanity will ever make it permanently to other planets but it wont hurt to try :P

I'm going to have to say UFO sightings are most likely just mistaken to be alien.

I just have a very hard time believing that we've been contacted by aliens. I do believe, by logic, that there are most likely aliens out there. Our very small view of the universe and its solar systems has already landed us with a large number of planets that look like they could harbor life. However, they could all just be single-cell organisms and alien life-forms that could be more advanced like us are even less likely to exist anywhere near us.

Taking astronomy made me far less optimistic about our ability to ever travel great distances through the universe. Even at a hundred times the speed of light you still wouldn't get far at all during your lifetime. With all of that said, alien lifeforms having come visit Earth is something that is going to need a huge mountain of evidence before I can even begin to believe it.

• Brohoof 1