Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Alien life thread

Zalgo

Life beyond Earth?  

66 users have voted

1. 1. Do you believe life exists beyond Earth?

• Yes (life does exist beyond Earth)
    • No (life does not exist beyond Earth)
    • Unsure (Its a possibility)
  2. 2. Do you think we'll ever find life beyond us?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure
    • May have already

Actually, UFOs are quite hard to identify, since there are many military testings and even the average joe can make something that reaches high altitudes. Im more fascinated by life outside earth, since i think the odds that an alien will come to earth are almost none. I believe that there are organisms outside this planet, since the universe is expanding and always growing, saying that we are the only ones is IGNORANT. But ufos nah, dont get your hopes up, unless you see the little guys walking out of one, in that case CALL ME :D!

(edited)

I just find it weird that everyone's so silent about it. I never hear about UFOs on the tv, and I've never seen any article in the newspaper about any investigations at all. It's like people simply don't wan't to find answer about it at all. I'd sure as hell find such articles more interesting to read than knowing how Jennifer Aniston keeps forgetting her age (found that on today's news paper).

If you want information, you got to look it up yourself. And all the documentaries I've stumbled upon are all astonishing if the information they're giving us is the truth. Whether true or not, they're still very fascinating to watch, and I certainly would either watch those than all the crap that's appearing on TV. If they make my head all crazy, the so be it. It just makes this world a little more interesting to live in.

it was pretty clear that we are being invaded. secretly, over the years, many thousands of years, they have been setting spies and trying to fiind our weaknesses. i even believe that they have warned us of their existence but being as how humans are a very naive and dull race we shunned it off as a bucnh of horse s**t. i know for a fact that they are here among us...there are so many signs we just need to pay attention

Why would they find our weaknesses? If we indeed are being visited by one or more Extra Terrestrial civilization, it's likely that they posses technology that are 1000 or perhaps even millions of years more advanced than ours. In other words, they wouldn't need any of the resources on Earth or use the planet as a place to stay. With such advanced technology, they don't need to find our weaknesses. If they wanted us gone, we'd be wiped out long ago.

Edited by Nordica
  • Brohoof 1

I believe the UFO sightings people claim they've seen aren't UFO's. But I do believe that there is other intelligent life out there. And even if there is, their technology would have to be extremely-far advanced compared to ours in order to sustain inter-galactic travel.

I find it's hard to believe when a race of ultra-intelligent species who were capable to build a ship strong enough to travels hundreds of light years failed to invent a cloaking device

Dude, seriously, did they traveled THAT far only to be anally probed by humans?

Posted Image

While I won't exclude the existence of life outside of our planet. The chances that intelligent life will actually try to get here is unlikely. seen the time it takes to get anywhere. We've been technically become interesting about 100 years ago with the industrial revolution and emitting light out from our planet. So it'll take a while for aliens to get here.

And don't forget about all those unconstrained radio broadcasts that were blasted to the outer space. There's a good chance those aliens were scared shitless when they heard Rebecca Black's Friday ^_^

While I won't exclude the existence of life outside of our planet. The chances that intelligent life will actually try to get here is unlikely. seen the time it takes to get anywhere. We've been technically become interesting about 100 years ago with the industrial revolution and emitting light out from our planet. So it'll take a while for aliens to get here.

That depends on their technology. One can't expect ET life forms, who has evolved on different planets far distant from ours, would be using human technology from the 21st century. We need to look at a wider perspective than that. Think outside the box, you could say.

Just imagine the technology we possess today. Back in the 1800s, many would look at it as magic, and that's just 200 years ago. If we're being visited by a civilization with technology that's everywhere from thousand to millions of years more advanced than ours, wouldn't that technology perhaps appear as magical to us?

• Brohoof 1

I just find it weird that everyone's so silent about it. I never hear about UFOs on the tv, and I've never seen any article in the newspaper about any investigations at all. It's like people simply don't wan't to find answer about it at all. I'd sure as hell find such articles more interesting to read than knowing how Jennifer Aniston keeps forgetting her age (found that on today's news paper).

If you want information, you got to look it up yourself. And all the documentaries I've stumbled upon are all astonishing if the information they're giving us is the truth. Whether true or not, they're still very fascinating to watch, and I certainly would either watch those than all the crap that's appearing on TV. If they make my head all crazy, the so be it. It just makes this world a little more interesting to live in.

Why would they find our weaknesses? If we indeed are being visited by one or more Extra Terrestrial civilization, it's likely that they posses technology that are 1000 or perhaps even millions of years more advanced than ours. In other words, they wouldn't need any of the resources on Earth or use the planet as a place to stay. With such advanced technology, they don't need to find our weaknesses. If they wanted us gone, we'd be wiped out long ago.

ive considered that but im basin my theory on all the sightings and some abductions. (most abductions are a bunch of fooey) mmost of the sightings i think are or would be scouts keeping an eye on us.i mean im pretty sure they dont need our resources or planet...i have a feelin its a slave thing

That depends on their technology. One can't expect ET life forms, who has evolved on different planets far distant from ours, would be using human technology from the 21st century. We need to look at a wider perspective than that. Think outside the box, you could say.

Just imagine the technology we possess today. Back in the 1800s, many would look at it as magic, and that's just 200 years ago. If we're being visited by a civilization with technology that's everywhere from thousand to millions of years more advanced than ours, wouldn't that technology perhaps appear as magical to us?

This. And I find this comic sums it up nicely:

Posted Image

Also, it's very obvious that SOMETHING is going on, and it would be completely absurd to say that there is no extraterrestrial life. I would also argue that it would extremely arrogant to say that we are the only intelligent life in the known universe, and that there are likely many intelligent civilizations out there. Whether they have the technology required for interstellar travel, I can't say, but I think it would be wrong to rule out ET as a possible explanation for UFOs.

Also, earth is quite unique. It is the only place we know of that has liquid water, it is suited for life (as we know it), and so if there was an alien civilization looking for a planet to conquer/colonize/chill out on, I'd think earth would at least be investigated as a possible location. Even if they have different biology that would make a different planet more suitable for them, looking at a planet as unique as ours and noticing a bunch of intelligent creatures running around doing stuff would probably make them want to investigate further.

I think it's all fake. The people on tv who says they have had experiences with UFOs are fake too imo.

(edited)

While your premise is valid, right now we are battling physics and quantum physics. We can't physically see that far or that accurately. Finding another intelligent being out there is like finding in a specific looking piece of hay in a haystack. And somebody may have moved the haystack before you find it and and you can only look at the past image.

There is no amount of technology which will help overcome the quantum barrier. Unless you actually had a presence at the location you wish to go, It is unlikely to find someone easily in the galaxy. Let alone the universe.

Edited by Tich

UFO sightings have mostlikely been just misunderstandings or attention whores, but i do believe that there are other life forms far away. Chances are that most planets that support life are most likely just full of less intelligent beings.. More animal species and so on.

But it does make me curious to know if there is an intelligent species out there that has no internal conflicts with its own kind.

(edited)

Hm, UFO's a is realy mystery phenomenon.

Look:

Aliens exist, and there are(were, and will) a lot of civilisations even in our galaxy. Who do not belive in this — please, read clever books about autogenesis of the life and count all stars in our Universe (galaxy). Modern researchs shows us, that a lot of stars have planetary systems. ==> Even at our solar system, there is five planets, where life can exist (Venus, Earth, Mars, Titan and Europa) ==> Hmm, maybe life is a frequent thing :)

But.

1. Why do UFO's crash? They traveled many light-years from another planet (or even galaxy) just to crash? Hmm, i feel a bad scientists in alien universities :)

2. Why do they look like us? Evolution is a very random thing, and the fact that we are mammals with one head, two legs, two eyes is a fantastic coincidence.

And main question:

3. How aliens can hack our dreams? There is a fact, that many people (my mother and me too) saw abduction-like dreams with the same plot? My mother, for example, had seen them in the USSR, when no people knew about UFOs.

Edited by Todash

While your premise is valid, right now we are battling physics and quantum physics. We can't physically see that far or that accurately. Finding another intelligent being out there is like finding in a specific looking piece of hay in a haystack. And somebody may have moved the haystack before you find it and and you can only look at the past image.

There is no amount of technology which will help overcome the quantum barrier. Unless you actually had a presence at the location you wish to go, It is unlikely to find someone easily in the galaxy. Let alone the universe.

Just because we can't see something doesn't mean they can't see us, or that it's not there. Also, what is this quantum barrier you speak of? What does quantum physics have to do with ETs anyway?

I find it hard to believe that we're the only intelligent life there has ever been.

But then again.. What if we actually are the first ones to be?

Probability says there is intelligent life besides ours in this universe. Assuming there is intelligent life, we'd have no idea how fast their spacecraft (assuming that's what they use) can travel. Maybe they've developed a method of near-instantaneous movement, just as we've developed near-instantaneous communication. It's entirely possible that aliens are watching us...although at this point they're most likely observing rather than preparing to invade.

i think they are real but cant comunicate due to intergalactic law. until this planet developes intergalactic travel and make contact on there own making us a class A planet needing to be a class B planet class A meaning still developing class B meaning fully established and so on so untill that they can only watch.

i think they are real but cant comunicate due to intergalactic law. until this planet developes intergalactic travel and make contact on there own making us a class A planet needing to be a class B planet class A meaning still developing class B meaning fully established and so on so untill that they can only watch.

Sounds like Star Ocean. I approve :)

(edited)

We can't physically see that far or that accurately.

See far at what?

Finding other intelligent beings may be hard for us, but then again, we are limited by our current scientific knowledge. Other beings may use other methods that are far more successful than our own.

As far as I know, SETI is using the electromagnetic spectrum in search for intelligent life, but what if that's not enough? What if we're sending out the wrong signals, and ETs are actually able to drop out of it and use aspect of the physical universe which are beyond our scientific instruments to adequately measure?

Then they could be right above our heads, and we wouldn't even know it. Just as we didn't know about gamma rays and radio waves until we actually discovered them.

Edited by Nordica

(edited)

Okay, I got a little story for you. A guy walks into a Scottish bar, like this one:

Posted Image

Rants about UFO's.

Gets sent to the local hospital.

Joking aside, you want to know my opinion on the Alien conspiracy? I think it's a conspiracy WITHIN a conspiracy.

Posted Image

You got that right Grandpappy, you got that right...

I think the military invented the alien hoax to protect their own interests. Lets say the military is developing new stealth bombers, eh? And they don't want some civilians to see it and say to the newspapers,"Hey, we saw a strange looking plane around the military base nearby! Spread the news!" No, no, the military doesn't want anyone to know about their actual technology, which is REAL, right?

So, they make up the aliens, and plant people to act insane, maybe get some known "magical mushroom" folks to look as planes are flying around, and tell them "UFO's dude!". So then people who weren't bribed or led by the military start to believe in aliens. So then a believer sees a military operation testing their experimental plane technology, or other technology they fly around. Imagine this person also goes to the newspapers, like the one who knew "military technology". Except this guy says"Aliens! I saw aliens!" Is this guy taken seriously like the first one? No! Of course not. And that, is the military's plan.

Posted Image

Edited by Judas
  • Brohoof 1

And that, is the military's plan.

People see UFO's around the world. Even in my country, where isn't any military except wooden planes :) Does it mean that every country has a secret supertechnologies?

People see UFO's around the world. Even in my country, where isn't any military except wooden planes :) Does it mean that every country has a secret supertechnologies?

No, it means all over the world, believers of this hoax have spread, misguided. They see things and believe them to be UFO's. It could be they are high. It could be experimental craft. It could be craft from another country. They could be HIGH like BOB MARLEY. Who may I add, made some sweet music. Or they could have impaired vision, like me. I need glasses, I had no idea what you 20/20 people had, and what I was missing out on.

Here, is the most hilarious part of all. We sent out a message, that satellite with the gold record, remember? Then later, many people feared that the aliens that found it would be hostile, then pillage and decimate us, enslave us and all that rot. But here, here is the hilarious part. Any aliens that would have developed the technology to reach us, would have reached the perfect level of technology, and destroyed themselves through warfare already.

And what country are you in, that still has wooden technology? Say what?