Discordian

How do you feel about furries?  

260 users have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about furries?

• They're pretty cool
    • So weird.
    • Fluttershy is a furry!

Not all furries hate bronies.

Renard for example is a popular furry and also a brony, a lot of brony musicians are also furries (Mic The Microphone said in a Livestream that he used to be really active in the furry community).

I think it's more that there are haters who are furries, rather than all furries hate bronies. You can't just let a few people speak for an entire fandom.

I've heard of the bronies hating furries and vice versa. I've seen PLENTY of bronies hating furries, but not the other way around. :/

I find it quite sad to be honest.

Renard for example is a popular furry and also a brony, a lot of brony musicians are also furries (Mic The Microphone said in a Livestream that he used to be really active in the furry community).

He was? But why did he leave? O:

• Brohoof 1

I'm a furry myself, and I strongly agree. It might be the jealousy that we get much more attention and tolerance from the outside than furries. They simply dropped too many bricks and kind of ruined their own image. We are still fresh in comparison and new, and our name is still pretty much clean.

It seems like we marginalize cloppers and try to keep them out of our public image which is a good thing. Furries failed police to their fandom and now their hurting for it.

I've heard of the bronies hating furries and vice versa. I've seen PLENTY of bronies hating furries, but not the other way around. :/

I find it quite sad to be honest.

He was? But why did he leave? O:

I can't remember exactly, but I think he just said that he wasn't being as active in the community as he used to be. Like I said, I'm still not entirely sure, it was in a video he uploaded (the really long Q&A one) so I'll have a look later to get a definite answer.

It seems like we marginalize cloppers and try to keep them out of our public image which is a good thing. Furries failed police to their fandom and now their hurting for it.

What exactly can you do to "police" a fandom? Furthermore, why is that desirable? Maybe it's just me, but I don't understand why everyone seems to think public image is so important. Furries get tons of hate, but they don't let it phase them. If you're really dedicated to it, you're not going to let others' opinions influence how you feel.

Just my humble opinion, but I feel like bronies focus way, way too much on keeping a squeaky clean public image. Let the fandom grow in whatever direction it will; this is the only way it can stay true to itself.

• Brohoof 1

It all comes down to preference. I've also seen Bronies who hate Furries, so it goes both ways. As long as people have different opinions, there will always be haters in every demographic.

Funny... i'm a furry, my best friend is a furry, and guess what? We don't hate bronys.

To tell the truth, all of my furry friends don't hate bronies. Maybe is because i'm one.

Why the two fandoms can't get along without and thread like this?

• Brohoof 1

Yep furries have a lot of bad rep. But you should always give people a clean slate. Pre-judging people is wrong because everyone is different.

Saying that all furries yiff (I think that's the word for it) is like saying all black people are criminals. It's discrimination and it's wrong.

Also bronies and furries are two separate fandoms. Just because we love ponies who have human traits doesn't mean that we are fanatics of animals with human traits in general.

I personally love MLP:FIM, Fox and the Hound, Rio, Elder Scrolls games, ext., but not just because they have anthro characters.

So I'm not nessecarily a furry and I won't judge anyone if they are. I won't judge anyone for anything besides their own actions.

I have a FA account and I've never caught crap for it. The worst I got was someone stating their opinion they didn't understand why it so popular with the furry fandom.

Heck, if you want to throw it out there I'm a borderline furry too, not as much as I was when I was a teenage and first found it, but I'm still hooked on the art-style and furry webcomics.

Ummmm......What's a furry?

*noobular noob is a noob*

>.>

I may know what it is but I most likely forgot

In basic form, it's someone who likes anthropomorphic animals.

It's interesting to note a lot of bronies are either still furries or "ex-furries" such as a few friends I know, due to disillusionment from the furry fandom taking some rather odd turns. Or rather the main areas of the furry fandom taking some odd turns.

I'm not gonna give out any opinions about it because I'm uninformed, but I will say that my experiences with the furry fandom were mixed. There's been good, and there's been bad. What matters is how we deal with it, the drama and the whiners within the fandom and the haters outside of it.

Same as we are handling it in the brony fandom (hopefully).

I read that article once, I was curious about furries,having heard about them.

I learned the term "yiff", but the rest I pretty much already knew from what I've gathered around the internet.

tl;dr

anyways, i did read a tad and you know what

(yeah I had to, because it taught me nothing i didn't already know, i've gotten a few PMs from furries bitching at the fact I said they were creepy, and I basically told them I didn't care what they thought. people are allowed their own opinions as flawed as they are, because free thought should be encouraged. Just because someone finds you creepy doesn't mean you should bitch at them to try and make them change their minds. that'll make them hate you more

What exactly can you do to "police" a fandom? Furthermore, why is that desirable? Maybe it's just me, but I don't understand why everyone seems to think public image is so important. Furries get tons of hate, but they don't let it phase them. If you're really dedicated to it, you're not going to let others' opinions influence how you feel.

Just my humble opinion, but I feel like bronies focus way, way too much on keeping a squeaky clean public image. Let the fandom grow in whatever direction it will; this is the only way it can stay true to itself.

It's so much that we police the fandom as much as we make it very clear that clopping is not what being a brony is about and we keep such tings restricted to certain sites and a large bulk of the community doesn't approve of clopping anyways. A clean public image has allowed us to get alot of positive press, when was the last time you've seen a news article that actually championed the furry fandom? Look at this article, it goes out of its way to make it clear that the majority bronies are not about pony sex.

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/features/forget-controversy-why-my-little-pony-and-brony-fever-should-be-celebrated-ahump.php

A good public image makes it easier for new people to jump right in with little reservations.

• Brohoof 1

I just remembered when I went to Anthrocon 2012 a few months ago, I saw a shit-ton of MLP. It ranged from art, T-Shirts and even full blown fursuits (I saw Vinyl Scratch and Rarity :D). So I'm sure there are some furries that don't like bronies, but from what I've seen the majority do and some are bronies themselves.

The only reason I can think of why furries hate bronies is because that MLP is in every corner of the internet, and in all honesty, it is and it can get a little annoying sometimes. :/

:huh: Huh, well that's news to me... I thought the furries had whole-heartedly embraced the brony fandom. Not that every furry is a brony, I'm sure, but I just thought that they were amiable with us for the most part. Not a furry myself, but that's an interesting theory you have; I doubt as many furries actually hate bronies as you claim, but I could see a few being quite frustrated that our fandom, far younger than their own, has become as big and mainstream as it is, while theirs is still largely marginalized and shunned.
  • Brohoof 1

I believe that it might be one of the reasons some furries hate the bronies, but I doubt it is the only one. I think that the main thing is that we are "different" since we like a show for girls and all that, even if it is largely the same when it comes down to it. But you are also talking about the species who looks for any reason to hate someone, from religion(or lack thereoff), skincolor, country of origin, gender, which gaming console they prefer and prettyy much everything else you can think of.

• Brohoof 1

It's so much that we police the fandom as much as we make it very clear that clopping is not what being a brony is about and we keep such tings restricted to certain sites and a large bulk of the community doesn't approve of clopping anyways. A clean public image has allowed us to get alot of positive press, when was the last time you've seen a news article that actually championed the furry fandom? Look at this article, it goes out of its way to make it clear that the majority bronies are not about pony sex.

http://www.filmschoo...rated-ahump.php

I'm willing to admit that there are some out there who put the brony community in a bad light, and that's unfortunate. But, that is the problem of the people who choose to focus only on that bad light, not ours. The extremities of any large group tend to get the most attention, (religious nuts are a good example) and consequently influence a lot of people's opinions of said groups towards the negative end. But is that the fault of the moderates of that group? No, and it shouldn't be their responsibility to "control" those extremities. Distance yourself from them all you want, but "policing"? It's just not right.

A good public image makes it easier for new people to jump right in with little reservations.

Easier, perhaps. But anyone who is genuinely interested will do their own research and find out what it is really all about on their own, instead of just listening to what other people have to say about it. Those are the kind of people you want in a community.