Furry discussion thread

Discordian

How do you feel about furries?  

260 users have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about furries?

• They're pretty cool
    • So weird.
    • Fluttershy is a furry!

Yeah, it's all cool, I don't mind it, however, I do consider myself about less than 10% of a furry as I somewhat enjoy what this fandom offers at times...

Long story short, everyone has their likes and dislikes, I don't mind it overall. 

• Brohoof 2

I don't really understand the furry fandom, and before I got into MLP I absolutely judged those in it. Now though I really just don't care. I still don't understand exactly what it is (to me it just seems like people who enjoy pretending to be animals... don't know how accurate that is) as long as you enjoy it and it doesn't hurt others than that's cool I suppose. 

I was a furry before I was a brony, then I left the furry fandom, and now I'm back in it, it's just something with the way anthro looks, I just find it to be cool and appealing to the eye

Furries are great people. I know a friend who is a Furry & she's awesome. I really Admire there Creativity, there costumes & I also love the Idea how they created there own Animal Species!. Forming an Alliance with them dosen't sound so bad united we could be even stronger!

The issue with bronies and furries is that they attract many strange and socially awkward to the extreme people, while it happens to be the minority, it certainly doesn't help our public opinion. But I don't mind furries, despite the fact that every furry I've met was terribly obnoxious I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt...Mostly because 90% of the people I went to school with were terribly obnoxious, furry or not.

To be honest, I don't get it. It kinda freaks me out, but if you're into it, and you're an active member of that fandom, then good for you. I, on the other hand, am not

I was furry before i was a brony. I actually found about mlp on a furry site. To me they are amazing people, there are a few creeps out there but then again in every fandom there are probably some creeps.  The meets do seem pretty cool and i can't wait to go to one!  I don't own a suit but in the future i hope to ^^       

Furries, in my opinion, are kinda creepy. It's hard for you to talk to people and it has to be a million degrees in there. Plus, bathroom breaks are sure to be a pain.

However I can't judge seeing as I have never actually participated in this fandom, I'm really just going from my own personal experience. Don't get me wrong, people put a lot of work into those costumes and some of them look amazing, but It's nothing that I'm into. happy.png

Oh now I see where you guys are going with it, I like drawing of anthro animals, though I just don't like fursuits, they kind of freak me out, but still if you feel the need to go around in a fursuit to show off that you're proud of your fandom then go ahead and do it.

Oh now I see where you guys are going with it, I like drawing of anthro animals, though I just don't like fursuits, they kind of freak me out, but still if you feel the need to go around in a fursuit to show off that you're proud of your fandom then go ahead and do it.

Quite a lot of furries don't fursuit. Mainly because they're expensive as hell.

That, and they don't want heatstroke or something.

I don't mind furries. I have a friend who is kinda half in the furry fandom and a brony at the same time and i'm kinda in the same boat as him. The one thing I don't understand are the fursuits. That just seems kinda over the top to me but hey, who am I to judge. happy.png

I was LOLing at the new banner, and the fact that "pony" and "forums" were all replaced by "furry" and "furrums" on the main page.  Hopefully this gag won't last longer than my temporary username.  tongue.png

I see the thread is already taking the usual direction. So before we all get bogged down with confused and varied definitions of what furries are, let's clear it up right now.

The one and only common trait that everyone in the furry fandom has, is that they like anthropomorphic animals (animals who look and/or act like humans). There is a lot of variety among furries, and many people have their own restrictive definitions. Of course, as with bronies or any other fandom/subculture, it's up to each individual to choose whether or not they want to call themselves furries, but in the end, if you think animals who look and/or talk like humans are cool, you fit the one basic definition of "furry". That's it, there are no rules or definition beyond that. Some subtypes of furries can be weird or freaky, but they don't define what all furry is.

One more thing, "furry" can also refer to a genre, and anyone can enjoy a furry work (mainstream or made by furries) without having to be a furry themselves. Take MLP for example: it features furry elements, and is part of the furry genre (among other things: fantasy, slice of life, etc.) and most bronies don't consider themselves furries. Some furries are drawn to the show because of the human-acting ponies, and some people like the show, and through it they discover and become furries. Some furries don't care about the show, and some bronies don't care about the furry aspect.

Do you want me to say "furries" a few more times?

furriesfurriesfurriesfurries

furries

ive been part of the furry fandom for alot longer than ive been a brony, its been a uphill, downhill ride, but its been fun ^.^ ima shark.

attachicon.gif1356797753.thekc_jettail.png

A shark imperial commissar...sweeeet.

• Brohoof 2

I'm a furry :) My fursona is a wolf (though I have a couple of other animals I'd like to be).

I'm actually a member on a forum for Christian furries...yes, there are Christian furries, and I'm actually one of them...

I see the thread is already taking the usual direction. So before we all get bogged down with confused and varied definitions of what furries are, let's clear it up right now.

The one and only common trait that everyone in the furry fandom has, is that they like anthropomorphic animals (animals who look and/or act like humans). There is a lot of variety among furries, and many people have their own restrictive definitions. Of course, as with bronies or any other fandom/subculture, it's up to each individual to choose whether or not they want to call themselves furries, but in the end, if you think animals who look and/or talk like humans are cool, you fit the one basic definition of "furry". That's it, there are no rules or definition beyond that. Some subtypes of furries can be weird or freaky, but they don't define what all furry is.

One more thing, "furry" can also refer to a genre, and anyone can enjoy a furry work (mainstream or made by furries) without having to be a furry themselves. Take MLP for example: it features furry elements, and is part of the furry genre (among other things: fantasy, slice of life, etc.) and most bronies don't consider themselves furries. Some furries are drawn to the show because of the human-acting ponies, and some people like the show, and through it they discover and become furries. Some furries don't care about the show, and some bronies don't care about the furry aspect.

Do you want me to say "furries" a few more times?

furriesfurriesfurriesfurries

furries

A shark imperial commissar...sweeeet.

thanks :D i play imperial guard, and thought it fit, commissar jettailon his personal baneblade "sharkbait" but seriously, ^.^ glad someone knows what it is.

• Brohoof 1

I consider myself a furry, but I really haven't gotten too much into the community. I just... I really don't know where to start. And I want to get into the community. Halp with dis? :s

• Brohoof 1

Well I don't have anything wrong with furries, and I don't really know a whole lot about the fandom itself, so I can't judge that.

I do know that I am not one, Its not that I hate Anthro animals or anything. I just don't care for them enough to be a furry.

I wouldn't wanna wear one of those suits though. That thing must be hot :P.

So while I'm not a furry and totally fine to remain just a brony here spending my time, I have no reason to hate or have anything against them.

I am not a furry, but there is nothing wrong with the fandom to me. They are pretty epic, but I don't consider myself a furry or do any of the actions that are furry-related.

On a side note, I'm not entirely sure what a furry is as well. XD

I am a member of the fandom. If you look at my spoiler on my sig and my deviant art you'll. I'm doing furry art right now. I'm doing Zoey.

Maybe us furries can all be friends. Stick together forever. Even around ponies!