Furry discussion thread

Discordian

How do you feel about furries?  

260 users have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about furries?

• They're pretty cool
    • So weird.
    • Fluttershy is a furry!

In my opinion, this conflict started because of ignorance and gullibility. The furries were as ignorant of bronies as the bronies were of furries. Both fandoms bought into the venomous lies and fabrications of the media. However, neither fandom seems to realize their information on the other fandom was coming from the same people who made lies about them. The furries believe the media's presentation of the bronies, and the bronies believed the media's presentation of furries. All in all, the mutual hatred began as almost all hatred begins: Out of ignorance.

• Brohoof 1

First of all, I'm a proud furry artist. Second, I'm also a VERY proud Brony. I think the conflict is not that Furries hate Bronies or vice versa... I think it's the stigma that all furries are sexual fiends who love the idea if having sex with (Or as) and animal. While these people do exist, they're a small part of the furry fandom, and should be ignored like a lot of the internet trolls who hate on Bronies. Kind of the same speak 'Hurr-durr, bronies are gay lmao ftw.'/ 'Hurr-durr, wanna yiff any1? lmao ftw sexsexsex.'

Kind of the same, huh? I mean, if I was a brony who didn't know anything about furries, I'd be a little upset because I didn't know. The normal mind must think "Furry = sex, so if I'm associated with them, am I a pervert by association?' It's pretty reasonable, all you need to do is educate.

First of all, I'm a proud furry artist. Second, I'm also a VERY proud Brony. I think the conflict is not that Furries hate Bronies or vice versa... I think it's the stigma that all furries are sexual fiends who love the idea if having sex with (Or as) and animal. While these people do exist, they're a small part of the furry fandom, and should be ignored like a lot of the internet trolls who hate on Bronies. Kind of the same speak 'Hurr-durr, bronies are gay lmao ftw.'/ 'Hurr-durr, wanna yiff any1? lmao ftw sexsexsex.'

Kind of the same, huh? I mean, if I was a brony who didn't know anything about furries, I'd be a little upset because I didn't know. The normal mind must think "Furry = sex, so if I'm associated with them, am I a pervert by association?' It's pretty reasonable, all you need to do is educate.

Question. I never thought of me as a furry but...If I always wanted to be a cat, Does that mean I'm partially a Furry?

(edited)

Basing of my own experiances furries just generally seem hate bronys. I have a friend that calls himself a furry becuase he watchs some show called gumball, and takes a natrual hate to my bronyness and all other bronys.

I think hes just a but hurt hater though.

Edited by jarrod989

There's a conflict? I hadn't heard of this "conflict". I have however seen trolls on YouTube getting into arguments having to do with bronies and furries, but no real conflict.

Question. I never thought of me as a furry but...If I always wanted to be a cat, Does that mean I'm partially a Furry?

I personally don't think you are, but that's just me. It's not like you identify completely with cats or anything. Most people want to be an animal. Furries take it to a whole other level.

(edited)

I'm both. *troll face*

Kidding, just a pegasister. I have come across a few arguments like this, but rarely.

Edited by Resolution

Basing of my own experiances furries just generally seem hate bronys. I have a friend that calls himself a furry becuase he watchs some show called gumball, and takes a natrual hate to my bronyness and all other bronys.

I think hes just a but hurt hater though.

You can't really be a furry just because you watch a show or a movie... Otherwise, pretty much everyone who likes/liked Disney would be a furry.

I used to know a furry a couple of years back. I see him again for this first time in ages the other week and guess what? He's a brony too.

I have heard a little about this, and yes it is a completely stupid and pointless conflict.

Why are we fighting each other instead of the trolls that plague both of us? Inter-fandom fighting won't help anyone. It will just make both of us weaker.

Additionally, I do not consider myself a furry, although I have had numerous contact with the furry fandom the past few years.

Wierd. I am part of both and I have no issues with brony hate. Though there is one Anti-brony group on popular furry site FurAffinity that drives a screw in me with their witty/stupid retarded jokes and such. I just avoid it... But other than that thorn I have had no issues :I

Why must people care about certain thinks to the point that i becomes a conflict, i have never seen a brony claim to be a furry who wasnt a furry however i have witnessed a brony getting greef by other bronys for being a furry because there proving the haters right.....

WHO FUCKING CARES why must we always make a problem out of nothing its pure maddness but im ranting now so i think i'll take a nap

well, as a fellow furry, I at least don't hate bronies (obviously, why else would I be here?)

and honestly, IMO, bronies are somewhat of a subculture of furries.

it's simply a more specific part of the furry fandom. the ponies are technically furries, by being animals with human attributes.

really, I've only ever seen furries being nice to bronies, and bronies responding in turn with "yiif in hell etc."

Actually, I'm not sure if MLP would be anthropomorphic, since usually anthro animals walk on 2 legs and have hands instead of paws. While ponies only talk but still walk on 4 legs and have hooves instead of hands.

Bronies are furries. It's as simple as that. I'm a brony. Thus, I'm a furry. Seeing as it is internet rule everyone hates furries, I hate myself. I'm a proud brony, and I hate furries. (I like furries -- dem lil' ears and tails. 0w0)

The conflict is fairly childish...